Metal Marker
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> Spam-O-Rama

#16: Re: Metal Marker Author: shrpshtrjoeLocation: Maryland PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:11 am
    ----
Good luck Gel .. Looks like a great tool

#17: Re: Metal Marker Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:22 am
    ----
Bloody creaks and pops!!

Thats the joints on my backbone..
spending all morning soldering these up.. only managed 11 of them in 4 hours.. 39 to go for the batch.

#18: Re: Metal Marker Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:38 am
    ----
sounds like you need a better height workbench mate!!!!
but I know how you feel, plurry fert trailer motor crapped itself today and 3 of us shoveled 9 1/2 ton of fert into the trucks.

#19: Re: Metal Marker Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:14 am
    ----
A definite bad day for both of you guys.

I agree with Elvis Gelan...you need to raise the height of your bench, and consider angling it so that the bench top is higher at the back mate.

Elvis...you should'a told ya boss to hire another tractor mate.

#20: Re: Metal Marker Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 am
    ----
I think I would be looking for a massage theropist!

#21: Re: Metal Marker Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:52 pm
    ----
LOL
I used variable height chair that have height differential about 300mm or 1 foot!
Tried every height during the 4 hours..

It is not the chair, it is the job.. soldering SMD components by hand is not good for a middle aged overweight bloke.
I got to find an easier way or get the factory to do it for me.

#22: Re: Metal Marker Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:01 pm
    ----
gelandangan wrote:
It is not the chair, it is the job.. soldering SMD components by hand is not good for a middle aged overweight bloke.

No, it's just not easy for anyone's body, regardless of their age.

Dimitri

#23: Re: Metal Marker Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 am
    ----
Ok here is a very rough video of the Metal Marker

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3o_zZR7nM

pity I cannot embed this.

#24: Re: Metal Marker Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:52 am
    ----
that was a hoot to watch.
only thing maybe missing...where to get/how to make stencil
the accent and rough video makes it all the more real mate.
great work.

#25: Re: Metal Marker Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:57 am
    ----
You mean my Indonesian or Stayan accent ?

#26: Re: Metal Marker Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:22 am
    ----
Great stuff mate. We will talk.

#27: Re: Metal Marker Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:32 am
    ----
Elvis, I made the stencil myself.
here is the link on tutorial to make the stencil

www.australianbladefor...l-Tutorial

By the way, it has also been popular with the gunsmithing forum to make serial numbers and caliber etchings on guns.

#28: Re: Metal Marker Author: SuzanneLocation: Eugene, Oregon PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 am
    ----
You did a great job on the video, very easy to understand instructions. I'm sold, where do I get one? (I know someone who might be interested)

Suz

#29: Re: Metal Marker Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:38 pm
    ----
Suz, I do not have distributor in the USA.
So for now the machine only available from Gelandangan's den of .... Laughing

Any of the Nuts wanna take up distribution?

#30: Re: Metal Marker Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:04 pm
    ----
Dude,
You are a clever man! Good luck with marketing!

-> Spam-O-Rama