The Middle East Explained
-> General

#1: The Middle East Explained Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:44 am
    ----
This should clarify the whole mess.

Iran is backing Assad. Gulf states are against Assad!

Assad is against Muslim Brotherhood. Muslim Brotherhood and Obama are against General Sisi.

But Gulf states are pro-Sisi! Which means they are against Muslim Brotherhood!

Iran is pro-Hamas, but Hamas is backing Muslim Brotherhood!

Obama is backing Muslim Brotherhood, yet Hamas is against the U.S.!

Gulf states are pro-U.S. But Turkey is with Gulf states against Assad; yet Turkey is pro-Muslim Brotherhood against General Sisi. And General Sisi is being backed by the Gulf states!

Any questions?

#2: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: VinceLocation: Brisbane AUSTRALIA PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:23 am
    ----
OK BB....who is the good guys, and who are the bad guys????? Confused Confused Confused

My head hurts.

#3: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:01 am
    ----
my head hurts too!!!!!

#4: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:19 am
    ----
The US is the only one who hate al Quaeda, you bloke need to pick better mates

#5: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:00 am
    ----
Haha

#6: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: tikkat3 PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:44 am
    ----
Thanks, thats cleared a few things up

#7: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: dhc4everLocation: Ipswich, Queensland Australia PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:03 am
    ----
Actually if you lookup the defination of the word "shitfight"
That diagram pops up Wink

#8: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:20 am
    ----
dhc4ever wrote:
if you lookup the defination of the word "shitfight"
That diagram pops up ;)

LOL, you've got that right. We have no business being there or putting any American lifes at risk.

#9: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: Gil MartinLocation: Schnecksville, PA PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:46 am
    ----
There are no vital United States interests at risk in Syria. The civil war has been going on for two and a half years. No one is going to support us or thank us if we bomb or use missiles in Syria. if the world community or the U.N. is outraged, let them act. Every time I hear a politician say we need to get involved in a foreign policy adventure and "there will be no American boots on the ground", I get nervous. What is our vital interest in Syria that is worth spending American blood and treasure? What are our objectives and what is our plan? What if we start something and it spins out of control? I would sit this one out. All the best...
Gil

#10: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: BigBlueLocation: Lehigh Township, Pennsylvania PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:48 am
    ----
Agreed Gil. No matter what we do, we will aiding our enemy and toward what end? We have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

#11: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:51 pm
    ----
Keep it solid I say, don't get involved in their problems, if the UN want to do something about it let them come up with a solution ...not more platitudes.
I for one would not like to see American strikes, but with your economic problems $20M worth of missiles creates a hell of a lot of income and jobs.
Actually it appears from afar that the whole issue again in another Islamic state is the infighting between religious factions. A bit like Northern Ireland except a lot more vicious.

#12: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:44 pm
    ----

#13: Re: The Middle East Explained Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:37 am
    ----
radar wrote:
Keep it solid I say, don't get involved in their problems, if the UN want to do something about it let them come up with a solution ...not more platitudes.

+1000 Radar.

-> General