Instant cure?
-> General

#1: Instant cure? Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:47 pm
    ----
jayjoekuakua - has this person been unceremoniously removed from the Nut?

Spammers need to have 50 trillion volts of energy fired down their computers to fry them.

#2: Re: Instant cure? Author: DallanCLocation: Utah PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:07 pm
    ----
Yes, he is banned.

I wish there was a way to weed them out when they register.

-DallanC

#3: Re: Instant cure? Author: slimjimLocation: Fort Worth TX PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:46 pm
    ----
radar wrote:
Spammers need to have 50 trillion volts of energy fired down their computers to fry them.

+1!!!

#4: Re: Instant cure? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:56 pm
    ----
50 million volts through the thing he was trying to sell would be more fitting!!!!

#5: Re: Instant cure? Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:37 am
    ----
For some reason I keep missing all the fun these days...First Gelandangan and now this guy... Confused

#6: Re: Instant cure? Author: AloysiusLocation: B., Belgium PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:24 am
    ----
I don't know how, but in my opinion Dallan knows the tricks to keep his staff real sharp...

#7: Re: Instant cure? Author: radarLocation: North Island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:37 pm
    ----
Why don't we try a quiz. If they can't get that right they shouldn't be here. e.g.

Q1 What is a rifle
Q2 What is a pistol
Q3 What is hunting
Q4 Explain the 2nd amendment in less than 50 words, even us foreigners know that one!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

#8: Re: Instant cure? Author: Ominivision1Location: Iowa PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:24 pm
    ----
DallanC wrote:
Yes, he is banned. I wish there was a way to weed them out when they register. -DallanC

You can set up a Jpg/Jpeg image with an embedded text file on the image itself for registration purposes only. Spammers cannot read the embedded text. Another is the use of CAPTCHA which can be defeated and last but not least, you can show a certain image (deer, elk, bear) etc that the person registering has to identify during the registration period.

#9: Re: Instant cure? Author: PumpkinslingerLocation: NC foothills PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:58 pm
    ----
I understand the frustrations with the spammers but lets not do anything that would make it difficult for a new shooter to join. We need to reach out to the younger folks if we want shooting sports to continue.

#10: Re: Instant cure? Author: gelandanganLocation: Sydney Australia PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:18 pm
    ----
I have no problem sniping at spammers.
All mods would squash them like bugs as soon as they sprout.
It is very rare to have a spam post to exist for more than 60 minutes due to the well spread locations of the mods.
And besides, the spam tactic is getting old and getting very easy to spot, IMHO by now those that falls to spammers cr4p maybe deserves it Razz

#11: Re: Instant cure? Author: ElvisLocation: south island New Zealand PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:53 pm
    ----
agree totally Gelandagan, its a heap of fun to see who can get to them first Shocked ..finally beat you to one of them Very Happy

-> General