Dissuction ...
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> General

#1: Dissuction ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:40 am
    ----
Since its not ok to go too off topic on boards I figured I'd see how well a "Off topic" board will do to let us talk about just about anything we want on the same thread Very Happy

So now to get a topic to start off talking about..... Cool

Dimitri

#2: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:45 am
    ----
Tried that last week.....ummmm so how bout it DallanC, and the off topic name i suggested too Cool Popcorn .

#3: Re: Dissuction ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:49 am
    ----
Oh I didnt see it 10Ring,

Anyways hows the week been to you 10Ring ?? Smile

Dimitri

#4: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:25 pm
    ----
Not too bad Dimitri.....That is thanks to 1895ss and Bushy not getting on my case Very Happy Ya gotta watch out for those two.....they'll drag ya in worse than me Shocked .

How was "skoo" for ya this week?

#5: Re: Dissuction ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:29 pm
    ----
College was good,

My secdual is gonna get changed though next week to split up our shop class to make it smaller Smile
Not too much and the math we are doing we learnt in grade 10 so I dont know why we are learning it wtf

However my projects are being finished fast in shop class large class or not. I'm probrobly going to be finished everything with plenty of time to spare Cool

Hows work ??

Dimitri

#6: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:55 pm
    ----
You are already at 10th grade math in college? Shocked I didn't get there until i did my apprenticeship Very Happy I guess to some, basics are things you learn in hie skoo Wink ....well, or if the school you've attended had good funding because not many these days do.....something called the "minimum requirement" comes into play Confused .

What's this thing you call work???? I've not punched a clock in a few years Cheers ......It's slow though, and with my recent TIA, i've had to refuse a few jobs because i knew it was more than i could handle right now.....But my friend gives my 20% for throwin jobs his way Very Happy . And thanks for askin Cool .

#7: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:03 pm
    ----
What's a TIA........ ??? Confused

#8: Re: Dissuction ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:03 pm
    ----
Yah here we got a required minium too. School to school throughout the provance has been standardized. Smile

The stuff we are doing is grade 10 stuff at best. Some of it seems like grade nine stuff as well. Confused Atleast it means easy marks Very Happy

So enjoying semi-retired life thats good Smile I myself am enjoying pre-work life. Cool I got to do a 4 year apprentiship after college to be certified. After that becoming a gunsmith if I do finnally get into it will be easy as there isnt any quilification system here for the job. Very Happy

Anyways Cheers on your semi-retirement. Smile

Dimitri

#9: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:17 pm
    ----
1895ss,

In long form a TIA is a Transient Ischemic Attack.....In short, it's a stroke. Although many people have them and fully recover, i'm still having symptoms related to having it....like numbness in the face and tounge, not being able to use my left arm as much (i'm ambidextrous, but did everything left handed except wright), and trouble speaking at times. BUT, i'm a ok! Very Happy

Dimitri,

Semi-retired.....LOL....My kids beg to differ and since i'm at home most of the day with them....Trust me whan i say, it's harder taking care of them than it was when i was working 12+ hours at a shop! Help Wink Cheers

#10: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 1895ssLocation: Not Here...!! PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:53 pm
    ----
I'm sorry to hear that 10ring, and happy to hear you're OK. Keep smiling Smile
Working too hard in the past have anthing to do with it......?

#11: Re: Dissuction ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:00 pm
    ----
Quote::
Trust me whan i say, it's harder taking care of them than it was when i was working 12+ hours at a shop!

Heh thats interesting and I could see why how old are they ?? Age does play a big roll. Older or younger aged kids require alot of work for the most part, while middle (not little toddlers and not yet know it all teens) dont require as much time Razz

Dimitri

#12: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:31 pm
    ----
1895ss,

Yeah, working and not taking time out for me and my family sure did me in. For pretty close to a year, i didn't know what a "regular" work week was....because i didn't see under 90+ hours in that time. Eventhough money was great, and now reflecting back on many things....i'd never take back any of the expierences, but i sure wish i knew when to say when.

Dimitri,

My girls are 7 & 8, and the time they need is way more than you think ;). If i'm doing something (and it doesn't matter what) they won't stop asking "dad, watcha ya doin" until i give them a detailed description. Even when i was doing detail work....they had to know measurements, and even got their calipers (i gave them an old pair to play with) to check my work Shocked .
Anywho, with that said....You can somewhat see what i mean...And it's just i can't fire them either like i could when when i was working for a company Laughing . And lastly, with the way i was when i fired people would even put Donald Trumps "You're Fired" to shame Very Happy Cool .

#13: Re: Dissuction ... Author: Dimitri PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:42 pm
    ----
10Ring,

Yah at that age girls always ask whats up and what your doing I know I voleentered at a elementry school and had that happen to me when I was helping teachers with things. But I never considered that "hard work" telling them what your doing/explaining Very Happy

Atleast they are interested in what you do 10Ring, this way they'll get more into guns and the like Wink

10Ring you shouldnt fire your girls they are trying to help. Maybe you should once they get abit older if they keep up that way teach them to do what you do. Sure might not be good for a job for them but atleast they'd be able to fix there "old mans" guns for him. Cool Funny though they probrobly know more about gunsmithing and the like then me by now. Embarassed

Dimitri

#14: Re: Dissuction ... Author: 515034s10ringLocation: Working my way back up and around PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:19 pm
    ----
LOL Dimitri, I think they can hold their own for a kid twice their age :-D. But with being curious like every kid is, i'm glad their firearm knowledge came from me, and not the kids trying to be "gangsta's" like in hollywood ;).
As a matter of fact....i did a trigger job for a guy i know and when it was done he came to the shop i did the work at. Well, i had my kids with me and when the guy got there and was checking out his gun (respectfully). While inspecting it, he was tilting it on it's side just to check out the jeweling work and my oldest girl said.....Why are you holding it like that, it doesn't have "homeboy" sights on it..does it? ROFL That was a gut buster for days!
She got the "homeboy" name from an old paper hanging in my tool box that a good friend of mine printed out for a gag when he found it on the net.
ROFL

#15: Re: Dissuction ... Author: BushmasterLocation: Ava, Missouri PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:01 pm
    ----
!0ring...You couldn't by chance e-mail that to me at
handloader @ earthlink.net could you? I have a youngen at work that could use this advertizment...

Ooops...Never mind...I figured it out and have a full page copy in color...

-> General