Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

He don't know me very well
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SyberShooter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

yeah, I did read the post and based on what you quoted, agree with you 100%. Was just offering another approach before writing him off completely.

Seems I recall a big fiasco back in 2001 or so over on the FAL files board, can't recall all the details but there was this GS named George somewhere in the WV - Springfield I think, that was making all kinds of promises and taking lots of orders for aluminum lowers and kit builds work then not delivering or refunding $$. Was quite a stink as I recall but don't know if that is your guy or not.

I'm down in Sorry Vista at Fort Wa Choo Ka-ka
I graduated from U. Oregon in 1975 (Lawrence Hall still there?)
Lived out by Spencer Butte, to the North.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

Yup probably the same George, he's in Veneta, interesting how he gets talked about. I didn't know about the other fiasco. Hey I lived in Sierra Vista for about 9months, love it there. Used to go to Carr Canyon up in the hills. I had a silver mine claim in the hills just north of there. An old guy I befriended gave it to me. Great spot to hunt too. Lots of ghost towns and old mines and calvary forts, a really cool place. That's the kind of country I really miss. Antelope, mulies and javalina. I haven't been in that area for probably 30yrs.

Yeah the arts building is still intact, never been in there myself. Hey I just found a nice shooting range in the Spencer Butte area. Izaak Walton League, ever been there? Practically empty, members only, they give you a key and $100 a year to shoot and membership, can't beat it!

Suz

English Mike

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

SyberShooter wrote:

Seems I recall a big fiasco back in 2001 or so over on the FAL files board, can't recall all the details but there was this GS named George somewhere in the WV - Springfield I think,

That was Gary Gucciano IIRC.
SyberShooter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
SyberShooter wrote:

Seems I recall a big fiasco back in 2001 or so over on the FAL files board, can't recall all the details but there was this GS named George somewhere in the WV - Springfield I think,

OK I'm probably wrong on the George part - there are so many of them that flame out. G&G also seems to ring a bell. At my age a grain of salt ain't worth much any more.
SyberShooter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:

Hey I lived in Sierra Vista for about 9months, love it there. Used to go to Carr Canyon up in the hills. I had a silver mine claim in the hills just north of there. An old guy I befriended gave it to me. Great spot to hunt too. Lots of ghost towns and old mines and calvary forts, a really cool place. That's the kind of country I really miss. Antelope, mulies and javalina. I haven't been in that area for probably 30yrs.

Yeah the arts building is still intact, never been in there myself. Hey I just found a nice shooting range in the Spencer Butte area. Izaak Walton League, ever been there? Practically empty, members only, they give you a key and $100 a year to shoot and membership, can't beat it!

Suz

You probably wouldn't recognize it now. A bustling metropolis of 50,000 or so. The Fort has expanded greatly and we have our own beltway bandit district. It's getting tough to find places close to hunt with all the tree huggers moving in on one hand and armed smugglers on the other. Most of the game has move away from the illegal trails which seem to be everywhere. You don't go off pavement unarmed.

I lived out Lorain Valley on some guys 275 Ac so we just shot out the back door. Wow they give you $100 a year to shoot on their property - yep you can't beat that! Very Happy
Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

Posted a message on there again this morning, as I noticed he posted yesterday but didn't respond to me. All I wrote was:
George you quit on me, what happened?

I'm sure he loves being called a quitter. If he still doesn't respond, I'll ask him if he's closed up the shop for good. That'll get his attention, his patrons might be watchin.

Yeah I did phrase it that way, about the $100 a year, oooops, that's the fee for shooting and membership. The illegals have made a mess I know. A friend of mine around Douglas got shot, Bob Krenz in 2010, you probably heard about it. Doubt if they ever caught the guy, he headed right for Mexico.

Suz

SyberShooter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

Jus funnin with ya 'bout the fee to shoot. For that area that is a pretty good deal and at least you know your on OK property.

There's a lot of shooting the rest of the country doesn't hear about. We hear what sounds like shootouts and automatic fire quite often. Reports from the sheriff indicate they are using armed lookouts on all the high points in the Huachucas and other routes, giving radio reports to the mules. Couple of hunters have been killed in camp for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I'm 3 mi. from the border. A few years ago the IA's (illegal immigrants or UDA's undocumented aliens as they are called now) were coming thru my back fence goin fer the road. I got tired of straightening the fence so what I did was trim a whole bunch of cactus pads and threw them along the other side of the fence in the grass. Then I spread 4' of fresh horseshit on my side of the fence. Next day you could see where they rolled under the fence and then back into the cactus... heh heh... ain't been back since. I still get a kick outta that.

al
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

thats just plain old fashioned funny.

Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

Ha!! What a hoot! If they were citizens they'd sue ya. Plant some cholla cactus round the border, bet they never thought of that. Reminds me...when I lived there, we were in a trailer park that had it's own settling pond (for sewage), on hot days you could find Mexicans out there splashing around like it was lake. They'd get out and walk barefooted into that nice red soil to finish off the effect. Sticks to ya like clay. I wasn't there very long but the desert there is still in memory. Migrating tarantulas, the entire desert floor crawling with tarantulas, all going the same direction. There was locusts that would invade too and make a mess along with the crickets, under the street lights at night, piles of them. Pretty cool place.

Suz

44marty

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

My cousin was out golfing and sent me a photo of a guy who lost his balance trying to chip out of the rough. Cholla cactus - NASTY !!!

The strength of the wolf is in the pack; the strength of the pack is in the wolf. ~ R. Kipling

I LOVE YOU, LADY LUCK !!!
English Mike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

SyberShooter wrote:
English Mike wrote:
SyberShooter wrote:

OK I'm probably wrong on the George part - there are so many of them that flame out. G&G also seems to ring a bell. At my age a grain of salt ain't worth much any more.

There was another later fiasco with a 'smith by the name of (aptly) George Gouger of G&G Gunsmiths but that was around 2007 I think.
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

Georgy porgy puddn n pie kissed the girls n made them cry
when the boys came out to play he kissed them too Embarassed cause he was BI !!!!
so sorry Very Happy so sorry Very Happy I just couldnt resist. Very Happy

SyberShooter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
SyberShooter wrote:
English Mike wrote:
SyberShooter wrote:

There was another later fiasco with a 'smith by the name of (aptly) George Gouger of G&G Gunsmiths but that was around 2007 I think.

I remember another one. Aluminum receivers that were in short supply and then the rush to get kits built on them then some of them started blowin up etc and it went on and on. I dropped off that board after the Imbel kit group buy fiasco and how the board was (IMHO) screwing the patrons. Excuse after excuse and lost check or lost order etc. I lurked for a while after that but when the ATF started visiting people for kit parts (oops that wasn't in there was it?) I stopped going there altogether. That was probably about 2002 or 3.

There were a whole string of internet gunsmiths that seemed to raise very quickly in popularity on various boards and did enough good work they got overwhelmed and then the people were wondering where their stuff was or had sent it back with a problem and no answer for days. Lots of speculation and then the predictable excuses... sick, other job demands, mother died etc. then they just faded away in disgrace. There are a number of good ones too however telling the difference is not always easy. Time after time it happens. That's why its important to have a local guy on good term that can do the nit-noid stuff for you at a reasonable cost. Sometimes you have to feed their ego a load of crap but in the end get what you want. Dealing problems long distance is a real PITA.

al
Suzanne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

OOOOOooooohhhhh Marty that cholla cactus guy!! Nobody's gonna touch him either ha!
Always carry a men's comb, then you can get under those suckers and pull. Thing is they have barbed spines and always leave a tissue paper thin (and brittle) spear in ya. Usually a little meat comes with em when you pull. I've seen cattle and bunnies and coyotes and wild horses with those things on their noses. Well that guy's gonna have some fun, might be more comfortable leavin them in but they gotta come out!!

The last post I made on the other board for George to react to, hasn't been touched. I kinda like the looks of it really. Leaves ya hangin with Hey George, ya quit on me, what happened? So now everyone on the board will notice his non-reaction to an honest (sounding) enquiry. I'll let it fester for a while see if he comes up with anything.

Suz

44marty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: He don't know me very well Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:
OOOOOooooohhhhh Marty that cholla cactus guy!! Nobody's gonna touch him either ha!
Always carry a men's comb, then you can get under those suckers and pull. Thing is they have barbed spines and always leave a tissue paper thin (and brittle) spear in ya. Usually a little meat comes with em when you pull. I've seen cattle and bunnies and coyotes and wild horses with those things on their noses. Well that guy's gonna have some fun, might be more comfortable leavin them in but they gotta come out!!

The last post I made on the other board for George to react to, hasn't been touched. I kinda like the looks of it really. Leaves ya hangin with Hey George, ya quit on me, what happened? So now everyone on the board will notice his non-reaction to an honest (sounding) enquiry. I'll let it fester for a while see if he comes up with anything.

Suz

Geez Suz, that George is gonna feel like the cholla cactus guy with the jabs you are sticking him with.
The cactus guy had a couple hours work done with needlenosed pliers to remove the cactus pads before he was taken to the hospital for removal of the remaining barbs. Next time he hits his golf ball near a cactus patch, I bet he takes a drop (if he hasn't given up golf).

The strength of the wolf is in the pack; the strength of the pack is in the wolf. ~ R. Kipling

I LOVE YOU, LADY LUCK !!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 5 of 7