Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Maybe...just MAYBE!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 am    Post subject: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

Looks like Illinois is trying to drag itself from the dark ages. The State Senate sub-committee has voted for a bill to allow a concealed-carry permit to be instituted. The bill now goes to the entire Senate for a vote. Truthfully, I'm not going to get too excited yet. There are still too many Liberals to oppose it, but one can only hope that we will join the other 48 states that have permits in one form or another. If enacted this would only leave Wisconsin to win for a clean sweep of all 50.

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
Suzanne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

Yeah!! Sometimes I wish I'd stayed in Az. they don't even need a permit to carry concealed anymore. I have a few friends and relatives there and it's funny because now they don't even have a desire to carry. Oh well

Suz

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

Thats good news, at least ILL got a start by getting rid of Daley, between him and the mayor of new york, they have to be the most radical figures for gun control ever elected to an office. Good luck and keep writing to your reps for their support on this.

Below is a link that you can use to see how your govenor, senators, congressmen for the entire US stand on issues including gun control.

Where They Stand

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

You forgot Chicago's mayor "Dead Fish" Emanual.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
You forgot Chicago's mayor "Dead Fish" Emanual.

Your right Bushy, the nra gave him an "F" as far as gun issue goes.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

I Sure hope Illinois passes CCW. I and many Missourians would like to visit Illinois, but right now as it stands we can't. We are considered criminals over there. We have to disarm half way across the bridge.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
SingleShotLover

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

I'm sure that I represent most of the people when I say that I'm not interested in carrying a weapon all that often and everywhere I go. It's just that an obscure little document that Libs never seem to have heard of (2nd Amendment) gives me that right if I so choose.

Actually I have a Pennsylvania CCW permit that also allows me to carry in 17 other states. I got it a year or so ago when my aging parents moved to Indiana (one of those 17 states) and most of my trips to see them end up being night-time road miles...including around the not so secure edge of Indianapolis. Not wanting to be an easy mark due to the Illinois license plate, the option was easy. All it took was a downloaded application form, $26 and a 10-day wait for processing. The state of Pennsylvania obviously trusts me more than Illinois...where I was born and raised.

When it gets right down to it, carrying a concealed weapon is actually a nuisance and not overly comfortable...but it's our right to make that decision for ourselves...not at the whim of our elected public servants.

The biggest problem with a closed mind is that it never seems to come with a closed mouth.

SSL
stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

try getting a ccw permit here in la-la land. only thugs are allowed to carry here. the lib's like it that way and are obssessed w/ controlling taxpaying citizens. they tried to ban hg ammo and mail order of same and have us register and fingerprint us for buying even a brick of 22lr. i was thumbprinted once in a big 5 for same in los angeles. they also tried to limit our hg ammo purchases to 50rds a month. these bills made it to the final vote and the judge booted them all, laws were too vague as to what's considered exclusively handgun ammo. there went a billion in tax dollars trying to force bogus laws down our throats.

instead of controlling arms and ammo we should be focusing on thugs and politicians with ignorant liberal agendas that waste millions hamstringing laws already on the books while making bogus new ones that do nothing but make crooks of tax paying righteous citizens.
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

SingleShotLover wrote:
but it's our right to make that decision for ourselves...not at the whim of our elected public servants.

+1 on that.

Stovey, I have a cousin moving back to Ia after living in mexifornia for 12 years. She said after all the bs with trying to pass more and more useless gun laws, she said thats it. Her husband has been trying to open a gunsmith shop and even thou he has a ffl, the state is given him runarounds and paperwork and constant refiling saying paperwork is incomplete. Also have a buddy of mine who told me at christmas time that he actually has to disassemble his 50bmg and haul it to Nevada to shoot as it's legal to own it but you can't operate it in california.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

yeh- no 50 in ca. lapd made a big stink show about same holding up a barret not long ago. then they sent in theirs for service. barret told the lapd to ESAD and pound sand, cant have it back as he would be in violation of shiiping a destructvice device over state lines/to Ca. you guys remember that one dont ya?

per DOJ:
Assault Weapons and .50 BMG Rifles
It is a felony for any person to manufacture, distribute, transport, import into California, or keep or
offer for sale, or give or lend, an assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle. (Penal Code § 12280.)
Any person who lawfully possesses an assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle must have registered it as
such with the Department of Justice. (Penal Code § 12285.)

AND:
The term “.50 BMG rifle” means any center fire rifle that can fire a .50 BMG cartridge and that is
not already an assault weapon or machinegun. This definition excludes federally defined curios,
relics, and firearms manufactured prior to January 1, 1899. A “.50 BMG cartridge” is defined as a
cartridge that is designed and intended to be fired from a centerfire rifle and that meets all of the
following criteria:
(1) It has an overall length of 5.54 inches from the base to the tip of the bullet.
(2) The bullet diameter for the cartridge is from .510 to, and including, .511 inch.
(3) The case base diameter for the cartridge is from .800 inch to, and including, .804
inch.
(4) The cartridge case length is 3.91 inches. (PC § 12278.)

BUT:
• Penal Code section 12280(k) provides limited exceptions for registered assault weapons
and .50 BMG rifles while on a target range or while attending an exhibition, display,
or firearms educational project which is sponsored by law enforcement or a nationally
or state recognized entity that promotes firearm proficiency or education.
• Penal Code section 12280(m) provides an exception for out-of-state residents who bring
assault weapons or .50 BMG rifles into the state if attending an organized match or competition
conducted on a target range, club, etc., for the purpose of shooting targets.
• Penal Code section 12285(c)(6) provides an exception for registered assault weapons or
.50 BMG rifles while on publicly owned land if the possession and use of an assault weapon is
specifically permitted by the managing agency of the land.

i can shoot 50 at my local range but cant buy one anymore so...im boned. i dont gotta go outta state, i just gotta be on private property w/ permission and it has to registered as an assault weapon. ya dont need to t/d and such that im aware of for transport...just gotta be on a range, not public property. just lock it up in a case w/ the bolt out and yer fine. theres places to shoot it here but...Ca makes a big stink over it.

transoprt:
Possession, Transport, Sale, and Manufacture of Assault Weapons and .50 BMG
Rifles
A person may not possess or transport an assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle, as defined, unless the
weapon has been registered as an assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle with the Department of Justice,
or the person has obtained a permit for that weapon from the Department. (Penal Code §§ 12276,
12280, 12285, 12286.)
A lawfully possessed assault weapon or .50 BMG rifle may be transported for any lawful purpose
if it is unloaded and either securely locked in the trunk of a vehicle or in a locked container carried
inside the vehicle other than the utility or glove compartment. (Penal Code §§ 12280(m),
12285(c)(7), 12026.1.)
Aloysius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

Stove, I think it's time you start with a .50 BMG Ackley Improved or maybe make the case somewhat shorter or what about a paperpatched bullet somewhat smaller than .510...
are you living in the state that has a governer coming from that country where Adolfius was born? And didn't Adolfius also do all kind of weapontricks in 1930 and folowing to make our Eastern neighbours feel safe?
The final results were not so friendly... and lucky you all still could use arms at that time, or else we would all speak german now (and I rather prefer english)
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
yeh- no 50 in ca. lapd made a big stink show about same holding up a barret not long ago. then they sent in theirs for service. barret told the lapd to ESAD and pound sand, cant have it back as he would be in violation of shiiping a destructvice device over state lines/to Ca. you guys remember that one dont ya?

Yup sure do, I should have said a little more on my previous post that my cousins that they own 800 acres in northern california and he wanted to build on his own property a brand new building for his gunshop and the state told him no because he needed an established store front. I guess they got fed up with all the bs and said thats it.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

Laughing ...ALO is a good sport with a sharp wit. Cool

i wana barrett 95 or nothing...
stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Maybe...just MAYBE! Reply with quote

yeh omni you can buil tract homes on virgin hillsides for tree huggers to roost in and hate but ya cant add on to your home or start a new foot print w/o paying out the wazoo.

and folks wonder why the only jobs here are waashing dishes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1