No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

What gun did you get yourself for Christmas?
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil Martin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

It is a personal preference thing, but I like to buy guns for special occasions. Yesterday, I was shopping for muzzleloading supplies in a favorite gun shop in preparation for our flintlock deer season after Christmas. I saw an older High Standard Model 120 pump shotgun in 12 gauge, but a closer examination showed it had been through a rough life so I passed on it.

Then I saw a store employee put a rifle on the used gun rack. In a few heartbeats I was holding that new arrival like a baby. It was a Savage Model 11 in .243 Win. with a scope and in beautiful condition,. The icing on the cake was the hang tag price. I immediately put it back on layaway and will pick it up next week. Today I am running .243 cases through the case tumbler to get ready for working up some loads with 85 grain bullets and IMR4350 powder.

Is anyone else getting a new gun for Christmas? All the best...
Gil

Grumulkin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Several months ago my wife started counting my gun additions toward my Christmas presents. I guess the most significant was a 378 Weatherby Magnum.
slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

My shooting addiction is pretty apparent. My Christmas gift list this year was only items related to my shooting - the same situation as last year. I thought this as kind of lame so I didn't distribute my list and told the family, I didn't have any material desires. Wife is not happy but I don't feel right just asking for gun-related gifts all the time.

I am, however, saving my Cabela points for a nice 12-guage autoloader. Maybe next Christmas.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Maqwa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Well @ Christmas this year My wife asked what I would like for Cristmas , because - what she had in mind could not be had in time .

Well a new and better scope for the tikka was the reply .

So with her blessing - A new 3x9 Redfield was installed at the gunshop.

Don't you like it when it is gun related , and you just gotta the nod.

Then too I don't mind having to eat bread alone for a week , so she may have something special or a bit over budget
Meery Christmas to every one .
Teknys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

This year "Santa" came early last week and I now have a Rem CDL SF 243 with a HS precision Stock, VX3 4.5x14 CDS.

I hope to shoot it after Xmas.
Maqwa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Teknys wrote:
This year "Santa" came early last week and I now have a Rem CDL SF 243 with a HS precision Stock, VX3 4.5x14 CDS.

Well done .
Never got a gun for christmas since I was a kid . First it was a pair of single action revolvers with chaps and a holster . That was when Roy Rodgers and "Hop a long" where watched on the round tube and the 55 Chev was still only a dream. Very Happy
44marty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Teknys wrote:

VERY NICE !!! I am sure you will love this rifle. Please post photos of your target(s) after you go out shooting.

The strength of the wolf is in the pack; the strength of the pack is in the wolf. ~ R. Kipling

I LOVE YOU, LADY LUCK !!!
slimjim

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Very nice, Teknys! Your a lucky man. My wife threatened me so I gave in an provided a Christmas wish list. Again, only shooting items. Only time will tell if I'm lucky enough to get a new 10-22 barrel.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Suzanne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

I'm tryin to make a choice....I have one day left....pawn shopping I found a Marlin .17hmr and a Savage .17hmr. I've already sort of chosen the Savage (accu-trigger is sweet) but the price was a tad high, they want $249...what do you think?

Suz

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Go for it, it's Christmas!!

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Very Happy I just ordered a keltec p11-now if I can keep from shooting off a finger

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

I ordered the Springfield XDm 3.8 in .40 S&W as a Christmas present (for myself). Hoping to get it tomorrow.

Maqwa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Suz
We have the laminated Marlin 17 HRF and it is a very good shooter . We put a Rifle basic trigger on it since the factory was very stiff , but heard some folks used a spring from a ball point pen to achieve the same .
I find ammo expensive if your going a lot of shooting .
To do it again , I probably check into a 204 ruger and load my own.
Aloysius

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

Suz, why do you need it? Why do I think you don't shoot varmints...? When you need rimfire, go for the .22 LR! When you have an application for it, go for something you can reload yourself (in the future) and always take something that CAN give you more energy than needed.
Dawgdad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Re: What gun did you get yourself for Christmas? Reply with quote

I bought an air rifle to practice for the summer highpower matches... I hope I do not put my eye out!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 1 of 4