No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824164
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down !
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

I 'bout gagged on the "politically correct" terminology in this story; they're not "undocumented workers" or "migrants", they're illegal aliens/immigrants/invaders, 'cause they're in Our country illegally!!! If they - or the writers of this story - continue to consider/call them(selves) "Mexicans", then they're in the wrong damned country!

Gosh, y'mean to say that - 'cause AZ had to pass a law to help make it illegal to illegally be in this country against the law - now, all of a sudden, great gobs & slathers of Illegals are fleeing AZ?!? Well, then, I'd say: "Mission Accomplished!"

I got a big kick outta/deliberately included the notation at the end of this story that it was "Editi[ed] by John O'Callaghan". Now, y'know, I'll just betcha that - when his parents/grandparents/ancestors came to this country - they didn't sneak across the border in the dead of night, live here illegally and have kids that were then considered Citizens only by a quirk/misapplication of the Law! Of course, it's a lot harder to pull into Ellis Island on a steamship and get off in secret than it is to stroll over from Nogales.

P.S. to all the Bleeding Hearts out there - My family lived in Mexico for a time when I was 'round 12-13 (my Dad set up the Drafting Dept. for "Ford de Mexico") - and we did it legally; and, si, I learned Spanish, too!

Migrants sell up and flee Arizona ahead of crackdown
By Tim Gaynor Tim Gaynor Sun Jul 25, 1:43 pm ET
news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us...on_arizona
PHOENIX (Reuters) – Nicaraguan mother Lorena Aguilar hawks a television set and a few clothes on the baking sidewalk outside her west Phoenix apartment block.

A few paces up the street, her undocumented Mexican neighbor Wendi Villasenor touts a kitchen table, some chairs and a few dishes as her family scrambles to get out of Arizona ahead of a looming crackdown on illegal immigrants.

"Everyone is selling up the little they have and leaving," said Villasenor, 31, who is headed for Pennsylvania. "We have no alternative. They have us cornered."

The two women are among scores of illegal immigrant families across Phoenix hauling the contents of their homes into the yard this weekend as they rush to sell up and get out before the state law takes effect on Thursday.

The law, the toughest imposed by any U.S. state to curb illegal immigration, seeks to drive more than 400,000 undocumented day laborers, landscapers, house cleaners, chambermaids and other workers out of Arizona, which borders Mexico.

It makes being an illegal immigrant a state crime and requires state and local police, during lawful contact, to investigate the status of anyone they reasonably suspect of being an illegal immigrant.

The U.S. government estimates 100,000 unauthorized migrants left Arizona after the state passed an employer sanctions law three years ago requiring companies to verify workers' status using a federal computer system. There are no figures for the number who have left since the new law passed in April.

Some are heading back to Mexico or to neighboring states. Others are staying put and taking their chances.In a sign of a gathering exodus, Mexican businesses from grocers and butcher shops to diners and beauty salons have shut their doors in recent weeks as their owners and clients leave.

On Saturday and Sunday, Reuters counted dozens of impromptu yard sales in Latino neighborhoods in central and west Phoenix/

"They wanted to drive Hispanics out of Arizona and they have succeeded even before the law even comes into effect," said Aguilar, 28, a mother of three young children who was also offering a few cherished pictures and a stereo at one of five sales on the same block.

She said she had taken in just $20 as "everyone is selling and nobody wants to buy."

LEGAL RESIDENTS FLEE

Arizona straddles the principal highway for human and drug smugglers heading into the United States from Mexico.

The state's Republican governor, Jan Brewer, signed the law in April in a bid to curb violence and cut crime stemming from illegal immigration.

Polls show the measure is backed by a solid majority of Americans and by 65 percent of Arizona voters in this election year for some state governors, all of the U.S. House of Representatives and about a third of the 100-seat Senate.

Opponents say the law is unconstitutional and a recipe for racial profiling. It is being challenged in seven lawsuits, including one filed by President Barack Obama's administration, which wants a preliminary injunction to block the law.

A federal judge heard arguments from the lawyers for the Justice Department and Arizona on Thursday and could rule at any time.

The fight over the Arizona law has complicated the White House's effort to break the deadlock with Republicans in Congress to pass a comprehensive immigration law, an already difficult task before November's elections.

While the law targets undocumented migrants, legal residents and their U.S.-born children are getting caught up in the rush to leave Arizona.

Mexican housewife Gabriela Jaquez, 37, said she is selling up and leaving for New Mexico with her husband, who is a legal resident, and two children born in Phoenix.

"Under the law, if you transport an illegal immigrant, you are committing a crime," she said as she sold children's clothes at a yard sale with three other families. "They could arrest him for driving me to the shops."

Lunaly Bustillos, a legal resident from Mexico, hoped to sell some clothes, dumbbells and an ornamental statue on Sunday before her family heads for Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Monday.

"It makes me sad and angry too because I feel I have the right to be here," said Bustillos, 17, who recently graduated from high school in Phoenix.

(Editing by John O'Callaghan)

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

Boo hoo... Sorry, I have no sympathy for the illegals or those supporting them. My sister-in-law, and her family, immigrated here LEGALLY and I have a bunch of respect for them. They did have to jump through some hoops but they did it to come to a better place. I am offended by those who come here illegally and then try to turn the US in the place they just left!

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack do Reply with quote

I agree Pumpkin, If you want to be here on more than a visit, do it right!

44marty

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

The only ones I feel sorry for are the immigrants from Mexico who took the time and effort to come here legally and became naturalized citizens.

(Especially the ones that had planned to have a yard sale.) Hehe

No, really, I shouldn't joke about this. It is ridiculous that the Feds in refusing to enforce the immigration laws have forced Arizona's hand.

The strength of the wolf is in the pack; the strength of the pack is in the wolf. ~ R. Kipling

I LOVE YOU, LADY LUCK !!!
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

Guess where they are headed? That's right- HERE. Our mayor welcomes them with open arms, free stuff! Comon down! While I pay the bills. He's all for total amnesty- why? Votes!

Having watched my city degrade over decades to a worthless shanty town due to this invasion while they have sucked every county service dry to the bone while driving drunk and killing Citizens, driving up insurance rates and stealing everything that aint nailed down and spray painting everything that is, I cannot possibly begin to express how I feel about all this and how much LESS my property is worth now.

I've seen it first hand and I am powerless to do anything about it as I am now the minorty...well- there is one thing I can do, keep paying for all their free stuff and anchor babies w/ my tax money.

Oh- and the next time Calderon comes over here and tells me what to do with my firearms he's getting the 4th mil-dot set on the bridge of his nose with a 200gr MK not too far behind. That goat-humper can go piss up a rope. him and Obammy at are in bed together- bet on it.

No- I aint a racist....sure- it sounds one sided, but, maybe you can tell me the last time a Canadian illegal spray painted my car or stole a bicycle from my garage.

They've killed our economy, our schools, our neighborhoods, our workforce, brought in disease, crime and drugs. But our mayor and Obama can't give them enough rope or OUR money.

Maybe next we can vote a president in with some balls.
eaglesnester
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

GeeWhizz ya figure they all might be headed to San Fran. Kookafornia?
It is after all one of them there so called sanctuary cities. Ya that's it, head for San Francisco all the fruits and nuts will welcome them with open arms.
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

Nope- ya got it way wrong.

All the shot calling NIMBY's live in the Bay area.

The sactuary city of all sanctuary cities is L.A., and, our fearless leader Tony Villarigosa is welcoming them regugees in w/ open arms and my checkbook.

You don't think for a minute them liberals up north that make all our rules and laws would stand letting the vermin they allow me to pay for live in their neck of the woods, now do ya? Not in a million years!

Those idiots up there LOVE these people, and their votes- but, only when they live 750 miles to the south!
Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack do Reply with quote

We live in Michigan almost in northern Ohio. There is a trailer park in Pioneer OH. thats FULL of Mexicans! We went to visit my Oldest Daughter who lives in this trailer park. My Son in law went outside and yelled "IMIGRATION! HAVE YOUR ID AND IMMIGRANT WORKER CARDS READY" and the place cleared out in 30 minutes flat. Thats almost 19, 14X70 trailers and a few larger double wides with 6 plus living in each trailer. They came back after awhile, But in the mean time we sat in the front of my daughters trailer and watched em leaveing while drinking beer!
The Daughter has since moved up to michigan and is now buying a home. the crime went through the roof in that little town and is still climbing. And we dont live on the border!!!

Gil Martin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal immigra flee Arizona in anticipation of crack do Reply with quote

I saw the headlines and a picture of someone holding a sign saying "we have rights." I agree, they may have rights back wherever they came from. The only folks with right in this country are legal residents. All the best...
Gil

Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

Don't know if any of you have ever heard of MEChA. It's an organization of people from Mexico that want to own about 1/3 of the USA that was supposedly taken from them. It has a huge following and is supported some-what by our tax dollars! High schools and universities all across the nation support them in their struggle to overtake 1/3 of our country. It's a mythical place called Aztlan that the Mexicans claim the USA stole from them and they want it back. I have a relative in the Portland, Or. school system who attended one of MECha's annual meetings, on school grounds, using school resources. It was a real shocker to hear that the entire conference was dedicated to taking Aztlan country back from the USA. Totally unheard of by me, but a search on the internet opened my eyes too.
Here's a few interesting places to visit HERE here

Don't wanna scare anybody

but

Suz

Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

Greece has had a immigration issue recently with the large numbers of illegals entering the country and saying (unlike the past where they generally moved on) Government numbers place illegals at 3 million compared to its legal population of 11 million.

AI is all up in arms the government have finally said enough and started to crack down on the numbers the last 8-10 years more and more.

Quote::
Greece must stop treating migrants as criminals
27 July 2010

The Greek authorities should immediately review their policy of locking up irregular migrants and asylum-seekers, including many unaccompanied children, Amnesty International said in a new report on Tuesday.

Greece: Irregular migrants and asylum-seekers routinely detained in substandard conditions, documents their treatment, many of whom are held in poor conditions in borderguard stations and immigration detention centres with no or limited access to legal, social and medical aid.

"Asylum-seekers and irregular migrants are not criminals. Yet, the Greek authorities treat them as such disregarding their rights under international law," said Nicola Duckworth, Europe and Central Asia Programme Director for Amnesty International.

"Currently, migrants are detained as a matter of course, without regard whether such measure is necessary. Detention of asylum-seekers and migrants on the grounds of their irregular status should always be a measure of last resort."

Greek law makes irregular entry into and exit out of the country a criminal offence. As of June 2009, the period of detention for the purposes of deportation has increased from three to six months.

Tens of thousands of migrants arrive in Greece each year. The vast majority of them reach the country through the Greek-Turkish land and sea borders. They are mostly Afghan, Somali, Palestinian, Iraqi, Eritrean, Pakistani and Burmese.

"After an often hazardous journey, migrants end up in detention centres without access to a lawyer, interpreters or social workers. As a result, their circumstances are not assessed correctly and many in need of international protection may be sent back to the places they have fled, while others may be deprived of appropriate care and support," Nicola Duckworth said.

Irregular migrants and asylum-seekers are not informed about the length of their detention or about their future. They can be kept for long periods of time in overcrowded facilities with unaccompanied minors being detained among the adults. Those detained have limited access to medical assistance and hygiene products.

Few asylum-seekers and irregular migrants are recognized as refugees by the Greek authorities. From the over 30,000 asylum applications examined in 2009, only 36 were granted refugee protection status while 128 were granted subsidiary protection status.

In the vast majority of detention facilities visited by Amnesty International delegates, conditions ranged from inadequate to very poor. Those detained told Amnesty International of instances of ill-treatment by coastguards and police.

Length and poor conditions of detention provoked irregular migrants and asylum-seekers to stage protests in Venna, north-east Greece in February 2010. Likewise, in April, irregular migrants went on hunger strike on the island of Samos to protest their length of detention.

"Detention cannot be used as a tool to control migration. The onus is on the authorities to demonstrate in each individual case that such detention is necessary and proportionate to the objective to be achieved and that alternatives will not be effective," Nicola Duckworth said.

Amnesty International said it believes that the Greek authorities should explore alternatives, such as the establishment of screening centres staffed with qualified personnel.

The authorities need to ensure that irregular migrants and asylum-seekers arriving at those centres have access to free legal assistance and interpreters in languages they understand, and medical assistance.

Right, its illegal to enter a country illegally, generally in a method known to be supported by the Turkish government (boats from Turkish known ports without any hassle), and yet they want better prison conditions then the regular jails (all have about the same conditions ... piss poor), and access to legal aid in their language?

Many immigrants to Greece come by plane from these same countries without getting a free ride from the government of any country, have made something for themselves and live comfortably without criminal intentions.

AI has once again proved they can **** my *****.

Dimitri

English Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack do Reply with quote

All the weasel words used to describe those entering another country illegally make me sick.
There's only one real reason they come: money.
Ours mostly.

Even the UK has an estimated 2million illegals, despite at least a 20 mile sea crossing. About a million of them are courtesy of the Socialists who held power here until May.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

Send the Greek Politicians out here to Australia 'Mitri...they are doing a much better job than ours at dealing with so called refugees !!!

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

No not yet they are playing catch up now. In time perhaps.

If you want to know what Greek jails were like for anyone the country didn't want (violent criminals, political prisoners and other unwanted people) pre-1975ish check out the island Makronisos.

Dimitri

wiersy111

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Illegal imigran flee Arizona in antisipation of crack down ! Reply with quote

I can't believe all the illegals they interview on TV. They should be on a very short list to be picked up and deported. Especially the illegal law student that complains the American system is broken. They already have video taped confessions.

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1