One of the features I really really like is the ability to change targets. So I played around with the one I usually use - the Hoppes sight-in target.
This target has an orange center circle divided into 4 quads and each corner has 4 black squares. I like this target because I can shoot many groups without going downrange to change paper. I can also compare groups for different loads just by shooting at different corners.
My scanner isn't big enough to capture the whole target so I just scanned the center and one of the corners, then made each its own target. I had to do some scaling to try and get the X-Y entries to align with the target grids.
I found that by scaling the target I could align X-Y to 1/4, 1/2 or 1" grid lines (this target has thin 1/2" lines and thicker 1" lines). By skewing the X-Y from aligning with the 1" target grid, I can effectively increase or reduce the apparent size of target area to record my shots on - this will help when shooting surplus ammo at longer ranges where the groups look more like patterns.
They are a little bit off as I got tired of fussing with scaling it, but they should be close enough to have a general idea how those 30 shot 200 yd patterns look
and your X-Y entries will still calculate the group size - it just won't look exactly like the target you shot.
Now, if I can get this 300k zip file to upload, Nope - had to spit it into 2 files. I have included 4 target images and a development database that has bullet markers places at each 1" grid intersection so you can see how things line up. Make a new folder and copy PointBlank.exe into it and open it up to see if ya want to add them to your stuff. If you do then just copy the 4 .BMP files into your working PB folder. DO NOT copy the database or you could overwrite all your data and you wouldn't like me anymore. (See this is one of those times an import function would be handy)
hope this helps