Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824029
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Hey guys.
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arron

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:34 am    Post subject: Hey guys. Reply with quote

I just wanted to let everyone know that I could use some of those good thoughts and wishes for my wife and little boy. They are OK!!!! But tonight about 430PM central our house caught fire with about 1/3 being damaged enough to make the house unlivable. Cathy and Adrian made it out OK!!! And Cathy seems to have hurt her feet in doing so, but they are safe!!!!

But we lost at least two of our beloved cats, Misha and Sasha. They were liter-mates and we got them at about 5 weeks old and they were going to be about 6 I think. The smoke in the house was just too thick and they were unable to make it out in time. Out third cat, Rudy, is wandering around outside in the neighborhood and I do not have a clue if he will make it through the night.

I am going to miss these two,maybe three, dearly but the important thing is that I still have a wife and little boy. They cannot be replaced. The rest can be replaced, it is just stuff! Or the other three letter word that starts with S if you prefer!!!!!! I know that these would die together but did not imagine it would be in a fire!!!!!! Cathy is most hurt by this as Sasha was her "best friend" and has always been there when she was down in dumps. And Cathy blames herself for not doing more to get her out as I found 15 feet from the front door. But I know they wait at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for one of us to came and cross over with them.

We are staying with my parents right now until we get our living arrangements sorted out. As of now the mortgage company hold the insurance on the structure only. As we were going to replace our roof this spring after tax returns and get our belongings covered. But there was apparently a different plan. And I have to say that I am getting REALLY tired of getting kicked in the teeth!!!!! But Cathy is doing better and hopefully things will come around and get a whole lot better.

This has always been a waking nightmare for me, because I was almost killed in a fire when I was about a year and half. But things will shake out the way they need to, I guesss. I just have to have faith in God's plan.

A personal request(Vince, you should like this one!), raise a glass to a couple of awesome cats! I thought more highly of those two, maybe three, than I do of alot of my relatives!!!! i will be back when I can. Thanks.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Arron...consider the glass raised mate.

Please pass on my thoughts and prayers to Cathy and Adrian mate...seems the little fella is having one helluva life so far. Fires are so indiscriminate and terrifying...I am just glad that you guys got out ok...even though you lost your two feline mates.

Fingers crossed mate...hopefully your insurance will cover more than you expect.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
gelandangan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Hey Arron
Sorry to hear about your home mate.
I am glad that your family is safe.

How are the guns? are they safe too?

Usually I hate cats, but for this occasion, I would rise a couple of glass to their passing.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Suzanne

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Yeow! what the heck happened? Man you've lost your house? & Catz? Don't know where I'd be if I lost my house. That was one of my pastimes when I moved from Az. to Or. worrying about losing everything and sittin in the gutter somewhere. I'm so sorry! I hope and wish and pray that you can recover what you had. I'm with Gelan on the catz but since they were family I can submit to a toast to them for sure. Long live the catz. What a shame.

Suz

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Very sorry to hear Arron. Glad your family is ok

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Thats a tough break bud. hope the insurance comes good for you. look after the family, the rest is just stuff.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear that.

Dimitri

1895ss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Aaron I'm sorry to hear about your house etc. Nice to know you and your wife and son are OK. Wishing you all the best.

Last edited by 1895ss on Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arron

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Here is what we know......

It appears Adrian found a lighter somewhere and was playing with it and caught a couch cushion that was in our bedroom on fire and it was pretty much more than Cathy could handle when he came and got her. She messed up her feet on the way out the door. So she is in the hospital right now and will hopefully be out in a couple of days. Sasha and Misha were truly more than a cat! They would actually "talk" to you when they saw you. So it is going to be tough to be without them. but at the end of the day the only thing that matters to me is that Cathy and Adrian are OK!!! Everything else is just stuff. We can get more of that anytime!!!

We did find the missing cat Rudy!!!! Cathy was totally thrilled!!!

Thanks for the thoughts(and glasses/pints!)!!!!!! Arron

BigBlue

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your losses, but I'm sure glad your family made it out safely. Hopefully it all works out okay for you in the end. I certainly know what you mean about getting kicked in the teeth. It seems every time things start to improve I get bit in the butt again.
Don
English Mike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

I'm glad you & your family are OK & sorry to hear the cats didn't make it.

May the future be a lot better than the recent past.
chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Man that just sucks !!!

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Arron

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

Well we went out today and found a new apartment!!! And it is really nice!!
And they are letting us bring our yellow lab Lacey and the Rudy cat!!!

I also took Adrian through the house today and showed all of the charred up stuff and melted things in the back of the house. Then I took him to the kitchen and showed him the clean spot on the floor behind the fridge where I found Misha(his cat) and made him look at the outline where his tail was, then I took him to front room and showed him where I found Sasha(mom's cat) and also the empty 10gallon where his hampster lived. He ran out of the house crying and went to Cathy and told her how sorry he was(again) and how he would never get into this kind of trouble again. I think it made a bigger impression on him than the meeting with the Fire Marshal!! I sure as Hell hope so!!!
Cathy is doing a little better now, her feet are still hurting her but they seem to be getting better and she has said she wants to get another set of liter-mates again when the time is right, she is thinking Bonnie and Clyde would be a good name set for them! HA HA!!

longwalker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey guys. Reply with quote

We are sorry for your loss. Prayers for your return to a happy home are in our minds and words.

Longwalker
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1