Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules"
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Handloader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

wiersy111 wrote:

There is one mom and pop store that sells reloading components they are geared toward shotgun reloading and don't carry much for rifle, occasionally I will find a box of bullets. That is about 45 miles.
One gun shop close (10 miles) where I have bought 4 or 5 (my son and myself) guns this year, no reloading components and ammo is very high.

Suggestion: ask those shops to carry the items you regularly use. They may receptive to new products. You probably aren't alone in your need for components in your area/region, and you may know others that would like to buy as well. Might work. Might save some gas money in the process, too.
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

Handloader,

Although that is a very good suggestion I've seen shops hurt by doing that. As the customer never comes back and they have stock that doesn't get used up.

Actually for me its probably a good thing, they keep it on the shelf for a while then they reduce the price abit, come 15-20 years after they put it on the shelf I come around and buy it. Because I got a habit of collecting old things. Smile

Dimitri

gelandangan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

If you mean it, you could leave some kind of surety money.
You are going to buy them anyway, so nothing wrong in paying some in front.

If you can show them that you really going to buy the stock, they would definitely get the stock for you.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

I have to agree with the sentiments above Wiersy.

I understand your plight mate....I too have lived in areas like that in the past...but if you are okay with paying a bit more to cover the cost of freight/postage etc, then I am pretty sure that the Mum and Pop gun store will help you out mate.

As Handy says...I'll bet you aren't the only one that wants these items mate. Have a chat with the store owners, find out if anyone else has asked for the sort of items you want...if so, have a chat with them and suggest asking the store to get in a "special" order for you all. Maybe as Gelan says...leave a surety as a gesture of goodwill...will probably go a long way towards getting the store keeper onside.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

I have a liquour store here in Ava that sells primers and powder. When I can buy W-231 for $22.00 at a box store. Why would I patronize a liquour store that sells the same powder for $35.00? Anybody?

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
chambered221

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
Why would I patronize a liquour store that sells the same powder for $35.00? Anybody?

To pick up a good bottle of whiskey on your way home from the big box ??? Just a thought !!! Very Happy

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

Well I do that anyway...But the powder and primers stay on the shelf.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

wiersy111 wrote:
Here in the middle of BFE there is only one place within a 60 mile radius that sell 45-70 shells, that is Wal Mart.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to support mom and pop but there aren't any worth supporting here and I have to live within my means. I like buying quality.

I hear ya, and, can relate a litte....it's tough when there's no other option.

Survival is priority one.
kentucky hareraiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

i've had the assistant in sporting goods take my shells up front to the service desk until i was ready to check out..if they want to walk all way up front for a box of 22 shells (50) i'll let'em.. they get paid by the hour anyway,so it's just a way to make the hour go by i figure

ElyBoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

That is were I drew the line Kentucky.

When they said that they were doing just that, as an American Shooter, I was made a second class citizen, who couldn't be trusted.

THAT is when they could kiss my arse. Mad Mad

Eric Angel Angel

NRA Life Member
stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

ElyBoy wrote:

THAT is when they could kiss my arse. Mad Mad

Eric Angel Angel

So...Prade, you really is turnin' the other cheek eh?.... Shocked

Laughing
wiersy111

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

[/quote]Suggestion: ask those shops to carry the items you regularly use. They may receptive to new products. You probably aren't alone in your need for components in your area/region, and you may know others that would like to buy as well. Might work. Might save some gas money in the process, too.[/quote]

I have talked to the owner of the gun shop but he just won't carry reloading components. I asked the manager of the store 45 miles away and replied that they are not interested in increasing the product lines they offer. And claim special orders are to much of a hassle. I really don't understand what is so hard about adding one or two different IMR powders which they already carry except in types that are of no use to me. I have frequented but they stores and made major purchases in both, it seems to me that they don't want my money. I would gladly pay a little more to avoid a wasted day and gas just to go "shopping". Thanks to you guys I have found better places to order bullets, one even without shipping. The powder and primers are the hard things to come by.

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
TXCountryboy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wal Mart and it's ammunition "rules" Reply with quote

WalMart makes me sick and I'll leave it at that! lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 4 of 4