· Comments: 86

Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

So I got a coupon in the mail yesterday for $100 off any purchase of $500 or more at my local Cabelas. I've been out there trying to get a Springfield XD SubCompact for a while now but they have been perpetually out of stock. People have actually been arriving at the store on days when the delivery trucks show up and buying them within minutes of being unloaded. They would not take a pre-order because the price fluctuates so much from week to week.

Well with the coupon I figured it would be a heck of a time to try and find one of these nifty guns. I called out there this morning and what do you know, a delivery truck arrived and they had just unloaded 10 of them! I had them put one on reserve for me, I'll swing by tonight and make it mine. Sadly I dont have my CCP (paperwork was submitted, just waiting for them to complete things on their end and send it back) but it wont mater.

We use a Cabelas credit card that builds up cabelas points through out the year and occasionally we drop in and burn them on a bigger purchase we might not normally make. I have $240 in points saved up currently.

The XD is roughly $540 minus the $100 coupon = $440 minus the $240 in points I have saved up which will put the final price right at $200! WOW Very Happy

Cant turn something like that down right?? Hahaha even my wife is giving me the 2 thumbs up on the deal. Cant wait to get off work and go check it out.

-DallanC
lesterg3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Great lookin pistol, hope it's still there for ya.

Good luck, and send some pics when ya get it.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

No CCP yet...No problem...That means that you have time to get in some practice in with it before you start carrying it. Get all the bugs out. So to speak.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
chambered221

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Bushy, no debugging needed, it’s an XD not a Kimber !!! Poke

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

I just hate to bust yer bubble chambered, but he won't know that unless he limbers it up. Besides he will need the practice with THAT particular gun if he plans to carry it...

By the way 221. Is over 2,000 rounds fired without one hiccup O K with you? Capible of 5 rounds inside 1 1/2" at 25 feet and 10 rounds inside of 3"s at 25 yards?

Mr. Dallan...I hope your XD is as dependable and accurate as my Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II.

And I have an awesome hand load if you have the .45 ACP 3" version...

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Thanks, yea I think it will be pretty dependable. Its hard to find negative comments on the XD. I really started looking strongly at it for the grip + trigger safetys, and secondly at the ambidextrous mag release (I'm a lefty).

I bought it tonight. Its the .40 S&W cal. I wanted a bit more "oomph" over a 9mm. It came to $270 and that includes a box of ammo I got as well for it. Very slick looking little gun, really happy with it thus far after looking it over and handling it. Cant wait to get it out and shoot it. The only thing thats annoying is the slide release, its just not as lefty friendly but I can deal with it,

Side note: the ammo rush seems to be diminishing. They must have had 50,000 rounds of Blazer .40S&W stacked up for sale. They had another 20,000 rounds of some other brands & Weights as well. Didnt much 9mm but I dont care as much about that LOL

-DallanC
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Neat choice on a pistol! Good pick and great price.

Shame they didn't let me get a Cabelas Credit card when I went to the Idaho store due to the fact I'm from Canada, I could use the points. Smile

Dimitri

whittling

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Ain't a bad gun but I HATE plastic guns.Good luck with yours .

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

No plastic/steel wars here please...

RANGE REPORT....RANGE REPORT....RANGE REPORT with pics of targets and all....

lesterg3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Oh NO, Dallan you didn't buy one of those nasty 40's did you, I hear from everybody that they are just too snappy on the recoil, and can't be controlled. Very Happy

But, then again I have about 1200 rounds through mine and I didn't notice anything snappy, just good power, and accurate as h---!!! Very Happy

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
RPM1031

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Dallan you sound like me. They are having that sale a lot more often. I just remember it in the fall. I wait for those before I go. Between the sale & points, you can really make out like a bandit.

I add a gift card for Cabela's that I get from Discover Card. I've got their gas card. You get 5% on the first $100 each month and when you have $20 you can get a $25 gift card. My wife laughs at me.

Add to that the fact that they are having sales during those promotions. I got a great deal on a pair of their waders the end of last year with all of the above. Very Happy

lesterg3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Can you buy guns from Cabela's on line?

I have a bunch of points, but the nearest Cabela's is 500 miles away. Lame

We have a Bass Pro about 80 miles away, you'd think that Cabela's would want one nearby to compete, just a little rant. Bang Head

I love wandering through Cabela's.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

DallanC wrote:
The only thing thats annoying is the slide release, its just not as lefty friendly but I can deal with it,

-DallanC

Dallan, you don’t have to use the slide release on the XD !!!
A tug rearward on the slide will unlock it and let it go into battery.
You can do this without a mag inserted or with a loaded mag.
It will not release with a empty mag.

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Les, They’ll probably be willing to send it to a local FFL dealer !!! Call and ask. You’ll still be ahead even after paying a local for the transfer.

~George Washington
chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: Oooo Springfield XD-sub Compact Reply with quote

Bushy, as always.................... Poke

~George Washington
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 1 of 2