Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Weapons and Finland
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
K.W.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

Mr Bushmaster it was lika joke.
Here in Finland criminals have strong juridical protection. Polisce must to think twice when he will to use gun. There was smoke in the scool building because Molotov-coctails, they din´t knew what is hapening and how many crimnals in the buildingand how many hostages. There was no hostages, only dead peoples. It tooks one hours for this situation.
When I was telling "police was afred of" I was meanin that they was afread for legal matter. And also for gun shots, those pop gun shots. I think, this "swat team" was sheep team.
There have being many hearing against police who was using guns.
Also drug police have had big trouble cover....they have playing as narcoticers... sorry wrong language for me.
Here, one mile from my home was two hours surround sitution, because somebody was telling to somebody that there is a man with shotgun in the apartement. The inhabiant was not home. The apartement was empty. Only one window was broken.
It seems, that only first pistol buyer (the gun must to be .22LR,like befor) must give interrogation to two police and the permission is only for thre years. Police, if thinks that is nessery ask from doctors for healt information. The licence will to continue, if everything is ok after that.thre years. Mayby all new permissions shall to be appointed. My permissions are constant. But it takes away reasons: alkoholic, drugs, violence, crime, mental and firearm- and hunting crime. I cant to threaten with or without guns. The selfdefence with guns is very big crime, ofcourse!!!!
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

K.W.,

Like Bushy, I carry a weapon almost all the time (with a concealed carry permit).

I know of several incidents (in a neighboring county) when a concealed carry person stopped a crime. A while back, a 16 year old neighbor boy was pulling out of his ranch gate, about 3 miles from here, when he witnessed a murder taking place. A person that was stopped by a highway patrol, jump the officer, got control of his pistol, and was pumping bullets into the officer. The boy pulled out his 270 deer rifle and put a bullet through the killers head at about 100 yards. He was too late to stop the murder of the officer, but saved the tax payers years of feeding and housing that SOB. That's what you call a good boy and a justified killing.

Cary

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

K.W. The difference between your country and our country is that the government and most of the honest citizens trust it's people to own and carry legal firearms in a concealed manor and, as I said before, even open carry.

Maybe if your leaders learned to trust it's citizens things would be different, But they [your govenment] don't and probably (until you change it) won't...

At any rate...My sincere condolences to your people over this senseless killing in that school...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
K.W.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

Hello mr Cary.

That 16 year old boy was a very good boy, of course. But the law here in my country says that he was a murderer. We can´t take law in our own hands. The criminal has justice go to the magistrates ´court with counsel for the defence. He can to complain 2-3 diferenb level of justice. If his head between ears is not ok, no prison but mental hospital for him.
I don´t like this system, but the law is the law.

Mr Bushmaster and Trouble shooter, our leaders shall never ever to allow concelled carry here in my countre. Very many of them will to take all guns from ordinary citizens a way.
Air guns and bows needs the permit soon like powder guns.

Kauko. ( it is 1,15 am and I need the nab. Have the very good evening).)

Last edited by K.W. on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

"The law is the law." I seem to recall that in 1940-45 or so it was "legal" to slaughter Jews and other "non-Aryans" in Germany. "Law" doesn't make it just. Time to change the laws.

I'm not picking on Kauko, there are lots of places with screwed up laws, including the U.S.A.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

Maybe time to change your leaders...Is that posible?

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
K.W.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

I am alone in this weekend at home. My wife is visiting to her 96 years old mother. I was reloading and thiking this situation and the new gun law. We old gun owners can to live with our guns like before. Wi can to have new guns if we need. It is enough for me. Laughing
Young poeple needs medical ceritificate, if police says so. Mayby some papers from army too. Here in Finland young men have military service. Now it is not so easy for lunatics to buy handgun and long gun of course too. Very Happy
I don´t need to carry gun. It means it also. Laughing
Kauko with bad English without grammar. Embarassed
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

The fact that someone could walk into a college and shoot defenseless people at will indicates that maybe you DO need to carry a gun...

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
K.W.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

No mister Pumpkinslinger, I don´t like to sitt in the jail and to lose all my guns. "Someone" must now use something els than guns. Very Happy
"Someones" are lunatics young stutedent. Only they keep shooting in the scools here in Finland. They can´t to have guns enymore. Laughing
Also now everybody and police too watch the internet and students watch if there is strange behaviours. There is now hard times to be lunatics in Finland. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Parents have hade some teaching too. The carreer is not the most important in the world If neighbours have biger car or house, let it be so. Shocked

Last edited by K.W. on Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
PaulS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

KW,
don't worry about your english - as long as we can figure it out you are fine. You don't see us trying to use your language do you?

On the matter of some people not being able to get guns I have to disagree. It has been my experience that criminals (and kids) can get guns easier that the law abiding citizen. Theft of guns, black market sales and making a primitive gun from pipe are the common ways to get guns without the attention of any laws. After all, they are criminals as soon as they illegally obtain a gun.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
K.W.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

Thank you very much Paul, but I am trying to write here Englisih-language area. (Outch, what crumme writing from me again, but can´t make it better way).
Everybody here are speaking illegal guns, 30 000 now days, they say. Before there was very much more. There have ben "mercy years" for illegal guns. I have to try thre times to have something, making them legal with my gunsmith, but no luck. I have no relations. I think, young peoples have no relations too.
When I was making those tryings, I was speaking it to my friend police man. He was telling me that stop immerdiately, because there may be stolen guns.
yours Kauko.
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

This all goes back to one thing. There will always be crazies, nuts, fruit cakes, mentally impaired, and just plain evil people. Now if all of the gun control people can just figure out how to legislate these people out of existence, they can have their utopian society.

The rat population is getting too high!

Cary

K.W.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

Yes, "old good times" shall not return. The times in Finland are now better than ever. Ok, my country is not poor, but there was no murderers in the scools in early times.
This year is also "mercy year". If somebody has illegal guns, she or he can to make police call. He comes and takes guns without permissions away. If there are valuable, guns shall to put to the auction. People can have money minus expenses.

Kauko.

PS: Cary, this "fruit cakes" sounds very cute.
K.W.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

Truly shitty: Something amazing and silly to our new gun law; fist time handgun byers must to join shooting club and be intressed in pistol shooting one year. After that, they can to make application for acquissittion permission to the police.... Shocked
There are not so many pistool shooting clubs in the whole Finland. Only in some city you can to find it. Hunting-and shooting sosiety have pistool section very seldom in the countryside. Who shall to teach and superintend there pistool shooting? Sad
gelandangan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Weapons and Finland Reply with quote

well, in the Great Land Of Oz, we have to participate in 4 formal
competitions a year for every pistol we own.

I have 6 pistols so I have to do 24 competitions a year. Fair enough until
you count that it is 1 comps every 2 weeks with only a few weeks free to
do other things (eg mowing the lawn and take the kids for holidays).

I also have a set of golf clubs that I NEVER use (bequeathed by a friend to me).
It is sad to think that these laws are made to discourage shooting sports
because some idiots who are not fit to handle guns are given access to them.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 2 of 3