· Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torasperry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Fellow shooters, Just got a Springfield DX 4" 45 acp, Anyone have any information good or bad about this pistol, I would like to know if anyone shoots one and how they feel about this pistol Very Happy
Appreciate any feedback. Thanks
Dimitri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

I think you mean XD pistol. If so they are made Croatia for Springfield Armory (SAI for short) and they are currently in use with the Croatian military. And believe it or not Croatia's largest export, is actually the SAI XD pistols.

They are pretty dependable haven't seen many negative reviews about them. SAI stands behind what they sell, I've read reviews of even 2nd and 3rd owners of the firearms being covered under the warranty at times on sites devoted to the products SAI sells (mainly the M1A rifle and M1911 pistols).

I don't think you can go wrong buying a SAI firearm.

By the way if you bought it new SAI has a offer up for them:

www.springfield-armory...offers.php

Dimitri

twofifty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

I've put a couple hundred rounds through an XD-357Sig with 5" barrel (a friend's pistol) and know that this unit has fired flawlessly about 800 rounds of two different brands, without tuning, with different bullet construction (HP and FMJ). The quality of manufacture is evident.

I like the grip and the safeties, the balance, the minimal recoil, and the trigger is predictable. The sights require a definite 6 o'clock hold.

I am not proficient with pistols so take all of the above with a grain of salt. The 45ACP version will probably be awesome.
torasperry

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield XD 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Dimitri, Your correct,XD, Got fat fingers on this computer. Stupid
It is from SAI and made in Croatia, Like to find someone who shoots this Pistol, I have like you, Heard nothing but good about this weapon.
Thank you for your Information and CORRECTION!!!!
Going to get a Lasermax Green Laser for it, Any comments about Lasermax? Clips /Locks onto front lower rail, A bargain at $300.00.
But would like to find it cheaper! Very Happy
Any suggestions?
Thanks for the input 2/50 I'm sure they are similar AND Awesome
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

I've shot a buddy's XD .45 Auto and like it better than the 1911s.

Torasperry, I've seen light/laser combos less than $300. I've been looking at the Streamlight TLR-2.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Stream light TLR-2 for 200$.

www.botachtactical.com...dlila.html

Smile

Dimitri

chambered221

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

The Springfield XD Is a pistol that can't be beat for the money !!!!!!!

IMO they are the softest recoiling of the poly guns !!
Even the .40 cals are soft shooting.
The first time I pulled the trigger on the .45 ACP, I accussed a friend of giving me light target loads to shoot in it. They turned out to be factory carry loads.

I know of about a dozen or so that are used in IDPA compitition.
Not one problem with any of them. A couple of them have about 20,000 rounds through them.

The only complaint you'll hear is about the trigger. Not that its bad, it could just be a little better. I hate to admit it, but the Glock trigger is better.
The XD's do have some over travel and the reset is a bit long.
Springfield will tune the trigger to match quality for about $200 or for carry for a little less.

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
chambered221

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Pumpkinslinger wrote:
I've shot a buddy's XD .45 Auto and like it better than the 1911s.
Bonk Pumpkinslinger, I'm trying to knock some sense into ya !!!! Do you know what you just said Shocked

I like my XD"s, but .......................................

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
torasperry

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield XD 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Hey,Guys, Thanks for the feedback, Just one thing,
I'm lookin at a GREEN Laser for the front rail, Do ya know of any inexpensive one that are Green, Seems that Green is much better in most situations day and night. Very Happy Wave

Seems like the consensis is that The XD is a good pick among all the poly guns available and probably the best for the price, across the board.

Any feed back on the Lasermax Green rail attachable Laser is welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks again for all the Great feedback

Bob
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Chambered, nothing wrong with a 1911 but there are several autos I like better because they fit my hand and point well for me. Oddly enough the only AD I've had in the last 20-some years was with a Kimber 1911. I dropped the slide to load it and knocked down one of the steel plates we were getting ready to shoot. Glad I was practicing safety that day!

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

torasperry

If you're still out there...

What do you think of your XD now?

I have a friend that picked one up today (I talked him into it). I figured you can't go wrong with a Springfield, the price was right(under $400), and the gun MIGHT have 50 rounds through it. It came with all the goodies Springfield is shipping with the new ones (2 magazines,holster,speed loader, cable lock, case, and bore brush).

He's new to shooting, so I'm taking him to the gun club soon to get him started.

torasperry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Hey H Joe,
Yep, I'm still out here, And still In Love with my XD-45, It is just right for me, Fits me good, Shoots Great and I am satisfied that I spent my hard earned $$$ in the right place, w/ Springfield and the XD package. I purchased mine new and put the Viridian Green Laser on it, Also a Great purchase, Not cheap, But Excellent results with it.
Your friend will also be pleased with his purchase if the gun is operating properly. I purchased a .45 cal for the knockdown power, I also have a Browning 9mm for fun pistol shooting.
Keep the reports coming, I would enjoy knowing what your friend thinks about his XD
Regards

Hunt SD
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Just picked up a new XD-40 today. Am looking forward to sending some rounds down range. Got it for $369.00
Handloader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Hunt SD: good choice and a price below wholesale even! Now, have you shot it yet. Pros? Cons?
Hunt SD
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Springfield DX 45 acp-Pistol Reply with quote

Handloader wrote:
Hunt SD: good choice and a price below wholesale even! Now, have you shot it yet. Pros? Cons?

I have not shot it yet, I have to work all weekend. I also used a $10 off $50 purchase coupon so final price was $359.97. It is the old finish though but it did come with the kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 1 of 2