Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Stupidity strikes again!!!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Lead? Were we discussing lead? Confused Sonofagun....Lead's not good for you...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Crackshot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Demitri,

I always tell everyone the reason that I never get sick is that I used to drink out of a cow trough when I was a kid. I used to knock off a piece of the cattle salt block and carry it around licking it like an ice cream cone. That wouldn't even bother me if I did it today.

Cary

Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Heh Cary thats pretty funny. Laughing

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Oops...skip down one...I blew this one... Very Happy

Last edited by Bushmaster on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

I know he isn't. Smile

Mind you, all this talk about salt is making me crave watermelons, up until last year I didn't know what I was missing when I ate watermelon without salt. Shocked

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Big D...He's not jokin'...I did the same things when I was young and grew up in the country next to the dairies in the 50's...In those days you could go to the oat barrel in the barn and dip out some oats in a paper bag and take it as a snack on a hike...Now they add so many chemicals to the oats you don't dare do that anymore...I've chipped chunks of ice from railroad ice blocks thrown out of ice cars along the tracks and wrapped it in news paper and enjoyed a cooling taste of ice and news print (I still remember how it tasted). I've drank water from a mud puddle with a straw (a straw makes it safe Very Happy ). I don't get sick to this day. It's rare for me to get the flu and if I do I get it on Friday afternoon and back to work by Monday morning...I haven't had the flu in about 10 years now...
And the fresh raw milk straight from the teet...Yes in deedee...

OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

I was raised on raw milk also. We didn't have a dairy, but we always had a couple of milk cows. That was my job when I was a young teen. Well, that and cutting fire wood, feeding cows, feeding chickens, feeding pigs, plowing all day, etc. I love the taste of raw oats and corn. Grain Sorghum is a little bitter. My favorite is picking the rolled corn out of a sack of sweet feed. I still do that today. I also like to chew the sweet juice out of green hay stalks. When you were raised in the country, you enjoy some of the simple things. My father was a peanut farmer and a rancher (I also raised peanuts for about 20 years). When I was a kid I used to sit on top of the trucks during harvest season and eat peanuts all day. I love to eat them green (fresh dug). Those were the good old days. Except for working all the time, I currently try to live a simple country life. It doesn't get any better than that. City folks can keep their bright lights, malls, and unhealthy environment. I choose to sit out on my veranda and enjoy a glass of iced tea and watch the cows graze.

Cary

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

I hated chickens...Won't have them on the place except in my freezer...

Reach into the nest after eggs and get chicken poop on your hands. Find the eggs and get chicken poop on your hands (they poop on there own eggs). When it rains the chicken yards gets real slippery, fall and get chicken poop on your hands. Then it's time to shovel out the chicken coup...Yup...You guessed it...Chicken poop on your hands...Not to mention what you smelled like after you were done shoveling...

Handloader

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Great thread and comments, all of which define the disconnect between some Big Brother nazi requirements and common sense.

Regretably, IMO, this assault on lead will continue as a tool of the anti-gunners in any way or fashion they can use it. We've seen much of it already, the banning of bullets containing lead for hunting in some areas, the use of steel shot on migratory birds and the restriction of lead bearing bullets on some shooting ranges.

While homogenous bullets, like Barnes, are available, they do cost considerably more. At least for now. Nosler now has the E bullet and Hornady will release their version sometime this year. Fortunately for us, these bullets have some advantages, but, lack of lead poisoning potential is not one that concerns most of us. Yet, I believe we will see more and more of the nonsense science forced upon us.

Lower cost alternatives to lead are being developed for high volume shooting and will become more common on the marketplace for hunters and shooters. But, at what point will bullet casting become the target of the antis?

Keep the guard up.
Morax

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

gelandangan wrote:
hunterjoe21 wrote:
or use

www.dictionary.com

along with it's sister site

www.thesaurus.com

When you gotta have a different word.....(just to piss someone off)

Oh WOW.. they even got supercalifragelisticexpiolidocious on it... and the its reversed spelling suoicodilaipxecitsiligarfilacrepus Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

how long did it take you to type that backwards? Shocked
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to remove my old chicken house and build one on skids that I can move once every week or two. As you know, chickens raised in confinement lay eggs with a light yellow yoke, with low flavor, plus your chickens suffer from all sorts of maladies. I've been putting up with my stationary chicken house since 1984. My new one will be the same size in square footage, but only about 4 feet tall. It will hold about a dozen chickens with ample space. Just right for my needs. My only access will be from side doors to feed and to gather eggs. Water will be supplied from a long hose hooked to piping on the side of the chicken house. I think it will work fine. It will have to be moved by a tractor, due to the weight. I think it will make raising eggs a more pleasant experience.

I've reached into a chicken nest and grabbed a snake or two in my life, and been bit by most of them. Boy that pisses me off.

I shoveled out a chicken house when I was about 16 that had been abandoned for several years. Everything inside (chicken poop) had decomposed down to a fine grayish powder. That and a good hot South Texas day created a chicken do-do dust storm as the shit was flying (literally). When I was finished breathing that dust, I coughed up reconstituted chicken shit for a couple of days. That's the reason for the new chicken house and probably my immunity to most ailments. Heck, I'll probably be immune to bird flu!

Cary

sagebrushsniper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

Gosh, how are all of you guys alive i'll never now. If I'd done all those things back in minnesota 50-60 years ago I'd have never made it by todays standards. Pull .22 lead from the case with your teeth to get the powder to make bombs, don't tell anyone, or homemade firecrackers. Going to get the cows so you could milk them in the morning and stepping in the cow poop to warm the toes. And then when you realised that the firmer one that was still warm was probably from a nice friendly BEAR! Oh the good old days Drinking from the creek until your dad told you it probably wasn't such a good idea as the septic tank drained into it futher upstream. Did you ever go to the outdoor crapper and have a old monsterous Road Island Red rooster think your johnson was a worm to eat. I still have nightmares over that. Or and mear old bantie rooster attack your anckle when went in to the hen house. I think that was my first payback as I hung him upside down from the roost by his spurs! Then I went to the house and forgot him. My Dad could never figuer out he fell and hung himself like that. We won't discuss my buddies geese! A baseball bat will do a number on their head if hit just right. Try to bury one of them in the frozen manue pile in teh winter. Oh we could go on forever. Fishing with dyamite! Thats enough of my secreats, as Big Brother might be looking in. Damn it works good though!

OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

I've done most of those things plus quite a few more. Drinking water out of a creek reminded me a story my Grandmother told me. She said when she was young (in 1910), they were traveling in a wagon from Buffalo Gap, Texas, in north central Texas, to Corpus Christi (on the coast) to a new ranch that they bought. They stopped at Medio creek in Bee County to to get water. Before she started to drink, her father told her to go up the creek a little to get passed the dead sheep in the creek. They ran up there and had their fill of water, only to find out later, while exploring, that there was a dead cow in the creek about 100 yards further! Isn't sweet water great!

That reminds me of the skunk hair I pulled out of my mouth after drinking out of an irrigation pipe. But, that's another story.

Cary

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Stupidity strikes again!!! Reply with quote

And I'll still live to be a hundred and get caught with an 18 year old in my bed by my wife...She will shoot me, of course...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 3 of 4