Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Bubba and the TAZAR
Jokes, funny stories and general humor
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Jokes & Humor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
A17Shooter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

Bubba and the Tazar

Bubba's story---" My friends are fond of saying that my last words on this earth will be something akin to, "Hey y'all, hold my beer and watch this!" Well,I have outdone myself once again. No doubt you will see this true story chronicled in a LifeTime movie in the near future.Here goes: Last weekend I spied something at Larry's Pistol and Pawn that tickled my fancy. (Note: Keep in mind that my "fancy" is easily tickled. I had gone into the Star Market to pick up some milk yesterday and I bought a superball in the checkout line -- 50 cents.What a bargain! It tickled my fancy--still does.That thing bounces soooooo high, and it has provided me with hours of entertainment. It just doesn't get any better than that, now does it?) I'm so easily distracted. That dang superball is so much fun.

So what were we talking about? Oh yeah, I bought something really cool at Larry's Pistol and Pawn! last Saturday.The occasion was my 50th birthday and I was looking for a little something extra cool. What I came across was a 100,000 volt, pocket/purse-sized Tazer gun with a clip. For those of you who are not familiar with this product, it is a less-than-lethal stun gun with two metal prongs designed to incapacitate an assailant with a shock of high-voltage, low amperage electricity while you flee to safety. The effects are supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse affect on your assailant, but allowing you adequate time to retreat to safety.You simply jab the prongs into your 250 lb. tattooed assailant, push the button, and it will render him a slobbering, goggle-eyed, muscle-twitching, whimpering, pencil-neck geek. If you've never seen one of these things in action, then you're truly missing out--way too cool! Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two triple-a batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was so! disappointed. Upon reading the directions (we don't need no stinkin' directions), I found much to my chagrin that this particular model would not create an arch between the prongs. How disappointing! I do love fire for effect. I learned that if I pushed the button, however, and pressed it against a metal surface that I'd get the blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs that I was so looking forward to. I did so. Awesome!!! Sparks, a blue arch of electricity, and a loud pop!!! Yipeeeeee . . . I'm easily amused.

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two triple-a batteries, etc., etc. There I sat in my recliner, my dog Molly looking on intently (trusting little soul), reading the directions (that would be me, not Molly), and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh and blood target. I must admit I thought about zapping Molly for a fraction of a second and thought better of it. She' such a sweet dog, after all. But, if I was going to use this thing to protect myself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong? Was I wrong to think that? Seemed reasonable to me at the time . So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, Tazer in another. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a loss of bodily control;a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. All the while I'm looking at this little device (measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference, pretty cute really, and loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-a batteries) thinking to myself, "no bloody way!"

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best. Those of you who know me have got a pretty good idea of what followed. I'm sitting there alone, Molly looking on with her head cocked to one s ide as to say, "don't do it daddy," reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny lil' ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad (sound, rational thinking under the circumstances, wouldn't you agree?). I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the hell of it. (Note: You know, a bad decision is like hindsight--always twenty-twenty. It is so obvious that it was a bad decision after the fact, even though it seemed so right at the time. Don't ya hate that?). I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and Holy F***ing s**t! DAMN!!!

I'm pretty sure that Jessie Ventura ran in through the front door, picked me up out of that recliner, then body slammed me on the carpet over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, nipples on fire, soaking wet, with my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position. Molly was standing over me making whimpering sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to herself, "do it again daddy, do it again!" (Note: If you ever feel compelled to mug yourself with a Tazer, one note of caution. There is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You're not going to let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by the violent thrashing about on the floor. Then, if you're lucky, you won't dislodge one of the prongs 3/4" deep in your thigh...like yours truly.)

SON-OF-A-GUN that hurt! A minute or so later (I can't be sure, as time was a relative thing at this point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they get there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, as my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs.,give or take an ounce or two.

Yours Truly, Bubba

gelandangan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

err... been there done that... Very Happy I thought I am the only idiot around...

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
A17Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

gelandangan wrote:
err... been there done that... Very Happy I thought I am the only idiot around...

Haha Haha Laughing

He11 no, you're not the only one. After all it only has 2 AAA batteries. Laughing It's not like you were pi$$ing on an electrice fence. Very Happy

But, thank you for sharing.

roklok

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

The longest 5 seconds of my life was getting zapped by 50,000 volts via taser.
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

Sure a lot of "Bubbas" around here...Nope!!! Not Me!!! Momma gave me more sense then that. I look for likely subjects to test things like that on...I bet my brother $5.00 that he couldn't piss on an electric fence...I lost the $5.00, but it sure was worth it to know what would happen to some one else...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
gelandangan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

This is before I play with a tazer and zap myself silly..

Back in HighSchool, we were playing on a friend's lawn when my friend's father tell him to mow the lawn.
He push out the mower, and turn it on and left it to warm up while he went inside to get the grass catcher. So, I thought it will be funny to remove the spark plug socket from the spark plug (see, I am reasoning "if I turn the damn thing off he will just grumble and start the motor again, whereas if I remove the spark cable, he will have to spend time looking for the problem". So here I am (don't do this at home boys!!) pull out the spark socket WHILE THE MOTOR IS RUNNING... Shocked and - WHAM!!! it felt like someone beat me with a 2x4 at my back.. I flew (literally) a few meters off and slumped to the ground. and believe me not.. the damn mower is still running!! the cable just flexed back and make contact back to the spark plug. All my suffering comes to nought!!! Sad

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
1895ss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

Yep, lots of Bubba's. I would never try something like that on myself, that's what friends and brothers are for. Very Happy

rdncktink

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

My friends always worry when I start something with "hay watch this," normaly something gets broken, like me.
Never tried the tazar, a 9V is strong enough for me. Though to see if my pepperspry was still good, it was about a year out of date, I sprayed it into the kitchen sink. Poor cat hated me for a month and she was in the other room. 2 hours later my dad came home and didn't even ask why just went outside with the rest of us.

Galen, when pulling live sparlplugs ALWAYS use chicken pliers, helps A LOT. Though flying can be fun too I guess.

tracker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Bubba and the TAZAR Reply with quote

There's all these uniformed people in my life willing to try their tazers out on me, that if I ever want to know....

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Jokes & Humor
Page 1 of 1