Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Anti Hunters In The Woods
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robfromaz1977

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

I WAS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS HAD A RUN IN WITH PEOPLE IN THE ANTI CROWD WHILE HUNTING? LIKE PETA FOR EXAMPLE. IF SO, WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT IT IF ANYTHING? I PERSONALLY HAVE NEVER HAD SUCH A THING HAPPEN AND HOPE IT NEVER DOES.

p on peta.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.95 KB
 Viewed:  7971 Time(s)

p on peta.jpg

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

The worst is a couple strange looks but nothing I'd concider a problem. I once thought we were in for a big chewing out when returning from my fathers successful Moose hunt.

We had a car with 2 women in it and a *bunch* of kids follow us 15 miles right to my dads house. We stopped and they got out and I thought "ah crap, here we go"... LOL

The driver walked up and said "Is that a Moose??? We said yes it is. She exclaimed "Thats so neat! I didnt know they had those in Utah! Can I let my kids touch it? They want to see it up close!". We said sure and it ended up being a neat although little strange, experience.

Most of the strange looks I get is sitting at some foothill glassing with a spotting scope, rifle across my back and some yuppy jogger comes running past. I jsut ignore them but I can disapproving looks on alot of faces.

-DallanC
tbox61

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Don't have many anti-hunters here in Central Kansas, most of the folks around here understand that sport hunting is a vital part of our economy.

Unfortunately, we had the infamous whooping crane shooting 15 miles SE of here last year, and it prompted the anti's to scream and shout to abolish the sandhill crane season. Fortunately they did not get the crane season changed in any major way.

We have a bank in Kansas City, and whenever I have to attend a function there with other businessmen from the city, talk always turns to what we do for hobbies. Dallan pointed out in another post that most folks don't get out and enjoy the outdoors much anymore, and after talking with these guys, I can believe it.

They are totally amazed that I actually own firearms, and actually use them to harvest animals. When I am explaining what animals I hunt, etc., they look at me like my dog does, cocking their heads from side to side....
Tim

popgun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

We had the problem with anti's in the woods on opening day of the deer season a few years back. The followed hunters into the woods and others drove around the area blowing horns and yelling. The state passed a no interference with hunting law and we have not seen that crowd back since. A quick call to the game warden and bee-hinds go to jail.
View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

PETA??? Confused Oh...You mean those "People Eating Tasty Animals"...Naw...In california they might get shot. we have some wierd hunters around here...You know...Drugs and all that... Shocked

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...

Last edited by Bushmaster on Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
delboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Dallan, have you ever considered that you may have been mistaken for an armed voyeur? Smile
Del.

Irskii

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Sort of new around here and don't get to stop by and take a look at what is being discussed much. Even when I do I generally do not post, but yeah, I had a bit of a run in with some Anti's up on the San Berdo forest. Yeah I put in for the Bridgeport area every year but here in the USSR of CAL. I only get drawn about every three years. Anyway my partner and I were scoping out a meadow from a little place in some rocks. There were a few trees in the clearing and as we watched, a group of about eight to ten of them walked out of the cover blowing horns ringing bells etc. and decided to have a picnic under the trees in the meadow. Well it was about 10:15 a.m. and we were about ready to move on anyway, but being bored, and a little onery, I decided to have a little fun. I figured if they wanted to make a bunch of noise maybe they would like to talk, and my partner bet me ten bucks that I could not get within 100 yards of them without them seeing me. I am 6'3" and about 260 lbs. I do not stalk real well, but I gave it a shot. I got to about 25 yards from them and stood up. They did not say a word, but they quickly packed up their picnic and almost ran the other way. I don't know if they didn't like camo, my rifle (slung and unloaded), of if they just thought I was ugly. I felt unloved. It may not have been the smartest thing to do, but my partners and I still talk about it and get a pretty good laugh, and I got my ten bucks.

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Welcome to the website Irskii, great story although its unfortunate they chose to mess with your hunt.

-DallanC
Shomebigbores

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Dallan,

Is it ok to say we should hunt the anti hunters??? I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression of what I think we should do with the PP's (Peta People)

Shooting SSSSSSSSSS

Walt

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill
POP!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Not here in Wyoming

yotebuster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

We stopped one evening, after a successful deer hunt, at a Drive Thru Burger stand. I have a receiver type deer carrier and we put the doe that my son had shot on it to bring it back to the deer processor. I parked off to the side, away from the front of the walk up window. Two women made it a point to park next to us and got out and began telling me how cruel we were for killing that animal.
I politely told her in a calm voice that we ate venison and really preferred it over beef. And, some of that meat that I was going to pay to have processed, was going to an elderly woman that was unable to work and on a fixed income. She rarely can afford to buy meat and very much looks forward to seeing me and my son come knocking on her door. And, I also made it clear to her that if she was going to have a burger there, that someone had to kill that animal for her rather than she going out and legally taken an animal from the wild. The end result is the same.
She was speechless. We then walked over to the window and ordered our bugers. She got back in her car and drove away.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Mods sorry if this is offensive but its a funny episode Razz

www.wimp.com/petaprotest/

Watch the movie its abit long and might be too big and give you a long wait on dialup but its worth it. Its a "Penn and Teller" episode. I dont know who they are though I only ever hear of them from this vedio. Smile

yotebuster, yup most PETA/Anti's simple logic like that makes them speachless. Razz

Dimitri
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Dimitri...Thank you...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Flint54

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Shocked I live 47 miles from these loonies. You should have seen the look on the PETA Member that cut the fishing line on a guys line on Kitty Hawk Pier about 10 years ago as he was sailing from the Pier into the Atlantic. Tried to have the fisherman arrested but there was nobody wearing a red shirt. There was a red shirt in the trash can but nobody saw anyone take it off!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Party ROFL Haha
sniper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Anti Hunters In The Woods Reply with quote

Hmmmmm.....I didn't know that.

I'd always thought PETA sorts were personified by a conversation I had with another volunteer during the 2002 Olympics.

I was sitting at a table during my lunch break, when a younger woman sat down, and we began to chat about this and that...Then, out of the clear, she announced: "I am a member of PETA!"

I answered, "Me, too; People Eating Tasty Animals!" She got sort of quiet at that, and, since my break was over, I went back to work.

This stuff is just plain frightening. I am going to show it to my tree hugger granddaughter. There is hope for her. She actually understands some of the points made in Michael Chrichton's "State of Fear." And she likes Roast Beast.

Thanks, Dimitri
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2