· Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

WARM AND FUZZY PICS
Pictures of wildlife
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tracker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

Every culture changes or has an impact on the environment, it's inevitable and every society takes from the earth, it's really a matter of degrees and like 1895 just said, how can we know how things may or may not have been? I'm really more interested in hunting in the 21st century...

1895ss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

tracker wrote:
Every culture changes or has an impact on the environment, it's inevitable and every society takes from the earth, it's really a matter of degrees. I'm really more interested in hunting in the 21st century...

I agree totally........ Smile

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

Last time I opened a book on the history of North America and South America. There are no natives indiginous to these two continents. We are all imigrants. The Indians came here over the land bridge up north and everyone else came by boat or ship...

So let's everyone go back where you came from...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
1895ss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

Now that you mention it Bushy I remember reading the same thing. Yep I guess we'll have to share it, no matter how everyone got here. Smile

tracker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

You really ought to let this go, it's a big part of what I do for a living and I have to study a lot more than the usual history books that were written by Euros to appease the collective conscience of other Euros. There are hundreds of peoples' histories all over the world that were never written down and many have been lost and many more are at risk of being lost. There's no more evidence that people travelled one way over the famous land bridge than there is that they travelled the other way, or most likely...both.

There's a lot of evidence that "Indian" people arrived in South America by boat too, the evidence is just as strong as the usual land bridge crap. When I have to go in to corporate offices and do cross cultural and cultural awareness presentations I have to be prepared to offer a full and whole picture of those cultural histories, not just a white version and not just an Indian version and listening to everyone prattle on about what the usual grade 6 pablum version of history they've been fed, and cling to tenaciously, is wearing really thin. Traditionally, the first people who lived here were excellent hunters and very good at making the most of their environment while doing the least possible damage, that's been asserted by a LOT of white anthropologists. That's all there really is to say about them in a forum about hunting. This is hunting nut, let's talk about hunting.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

I didn't start this...1895ss. Did you start this?

1895ss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

I don't believe I did, Surprised let me think ............................... nope not me! Very Happy

keetoowah

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
Last time I opened a book on the history of North America and South America. There are no natives indiginous to these two continents. We are all imigrants. The Indians came here over the land bridge up north and everyone else came by boat or ship...

So let's everyone go back where you came from...

whatever. most of the creation stories dont speak of any migration which i would think they would if that had been the case.

It bugs me when ya'll talk about the native people as if they were gone.
WE AREN'T
our cultures are still alive so please refrain from the past tense.
there were and are MILLIONS of natives here Mr Bush not small bands scattered.
you really need to do some indepth research if you're not wanting to continue your sole food.
If you like I can send you some useful links upon your request that can enhance your limited knowledge of the people of this nation all the way down to Terra del Fuego and the populus throughout the time frame so you may be current in your articulations.

tootles

tracker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

Me neither...I'm just saying let's get back to talking about what we all came here to talk about. I bought two old .22's for me and my grandson, going to sight them in tonight, start teaching the boy the basics. He's Indian, I'm part Indian, the targets are black and white YAWWWNNN>..

1895ss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

keetoowah wrote:

most of the creation stories dont speak of any migration which i would think they would if that had been the case.

Is the key word here "most" as in "not all" how about the rest of them Question Question ???????? Further more what makes the "creation stories" fact? We all know that stories can get changed many times when handed down and or misinterpreted. Surprised Just wondering. Question Question

rdncktink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

tracker wrote:
Me neither...I'm just saying let's get back to talking about what we all came here to talk about. I bought two old .22's for me and my grandson, going to sight them in tonight, start teaching the boy the basics. He's Indian, I'm part Indian, the targets are black and white YAWWWNNN>..

Hay the .22's sound great. I still haven't gotten the time to fire off my grandpa's that I got. Maybe I can do that in a few weekends.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

Off Topic Off Topic Off Topic Off Topic

HHhhhmmmmmm.....conversations getting a bit heated and Off Topic. Please, NOBODY mention politics or religion!!

Rant Rant Rant Rant

tracker wrote:
This is hunting nut, let's talk about hunting. I'm just saying let's get back to talking about what we all came here to talk about.

Anybody got anymore Warm and Fuzzy ANIMAL pics they would like to post?

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

HA HA HA HA

tracker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

rdncktink wrote:
Hay the .22's sound great. I still haven't gotten the time to fire off my grandpa's that I got. Maybe I can do that in a few weekends.

Well, here's one I've never experienced before. I bought these two old .22's ( a Cooey single shot and a Cooey/Winchester semi-automatic) for plinking and teaching the young fella, and I was out to sight them in last night and I'd fired a few rounds out of the semi-automatic and the front sight flew the hell off! Couldn't find it after either because it's all sand and thistles where we were shooting. (Figured I'd rather spend $20 on a new one than scratch the s### out of myself digging for it) When I fired I saw this kind of dark flash and there's a bunch of almost black butterflies out there and I thought at first one had lit on the top of the barrel and flew off again. I went to shoot again and ...no sight...

I'm happy to report 1/2" to 1" groupings at 40 and 50 yards with the single shot and the kid managed to put two inside the centre ring of a paper target at about 20 yards without the sights on the semi (beginner's luck, I explained) but good old "iron sights is good enough fer me" is caving in and putting a scope on his .22 Very Happy Believe me guys', I'm getting a cheapie, most scopes would cost more than the rifle did Smile The guy I bought the rifles from is putting it on and bore-sighting as I type this, his shop is right across the street from my office. (yes, it does make staying at work a pain in the butt sometimes)

A17Shooter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WARM AND FUZZY PICS Reply with quote

Ok, I'll do my part for warm & fuzzy. The pic was taken this morning, about 20 yds from th front door. Estimate the fawn was born mid-august. Got the first pic of it 08 26 07.

enjoy

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Photography / TrailCameras
Page 4 of 5