Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

WANTED: Recipes
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:31 am    Post subject: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Ok guys I put in the recipes module a while back and until today, only a single person posted a recipe (thanks RugerNo3).

I just posted 25 or so elk and deer recipes to kick start things. I hope to add another 25 or so in the next few days. If anyone has any recipes please share. I'd like to get at least 1 recipe added to each Category... granted there are a few categories that I will be removing soon (they were included by default like Deserts... unless someone has a elk desert recipe or something Wink ).

If we need additional categories hollar and I can drop them in. Currently I'm thinking we need soemthing to cover Pheasants, Doves and Grouse... or perhaps each one needs its own category...? I will be getting icons soon for the new categories too.

-DallanC
Aceoky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Hey DallenC ; I added one(in seafood) for a great fast deep fried catfish recipe, that IF tried, should go over great! Hope you all like it!

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Howdy. Im not a very good cook but ill see what i can scrounge up Very Happy

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
longwalker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Deli Style corned Venison

4-6 pound roast
5 tbls Morton tender Quick
2 tbls brown Suger
1 Tbls ground black Pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Allspice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2-3 bay leaves

Trim fat and silvermeat. Mix all ingredents, and rub into the roast. Place roast and mixture in to a plastic bag and seal. Allow to cure for 5 days per inch of thickness. Turning occasionally.

When done rinse off remaining mixture and place in a pot bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 3-4 hours. Or place in a crock pot and let it go all day.
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding me... I gotta get on those guys who wrote the recipe module and see what the status of it is. Its well past time they got it working with the new version of our software here.

-DallanC
longwalker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Here is an easy one that always works.

You need to keep a couple of things in mind.
1) oven must be as hot as you can get it. preheat means for along time not until the beep!
2) once the meat is in the oven don't open the door no matter how good it smells.
3) you need 2 hours for this process.

Take a clean dry and thawed rump roast and remove any visible silver meat.

Place the roast in a shallow roasting pan.

pat dry and cover with salt, black Pepper rosemary and tyme leaves crushed. pour 2 oz. of gin slowly over the roast. try not to rinse off the spices.

Place the roast in the preheated oven. Roast with heat on for 5 minutes per pound. ( 2 pound roast 10 minutes ) after the cook time. turn off the oven.

let the heat in the over continue to cook the roast for 2 hours. When completed you will have a perfect medium roast ready for slicing.

This always works, and I'll bet even your wives will like it!

longwalker
Flint54

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

I guess I must be blind, where is the Recipies area???

I have quite a few that I would like to add, they are from family over many years. Some from my Great GrandMother. She used to cook nothing but game as my Great Garandfather was a Market Hunter in Minnesota for a great many years.

Here is to good eating... Wink
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Its disabled. I put that in another post a while back. When I upgraded the software here it was only after the fact that I learned it wasnt compatable with the upgrade.

There were people working on an upgrade to the Recipes module but as of yesterday when I checked into it, it still wasnt done. I'll look into it some more today.

-DallanC
delboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Hey Flinty, you're not blind mate - it's all that black smoke drifting around from that front stuffer of yours Smile

Flint54

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Cool Laughing Shocked Twisted Evil
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

I talked with the guy doing the update to the recipe module, he says a new version will be out "very soon, like in a couple of days". I'll give him a couple days time to finish and release it otherwise I'm writing my own.

-DallanC
delboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Didn't you try that once before Dallan? ;lol;

coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED: Recipes Reply with quote

Here ya' go....

Looking for recipes for big and small game or even some critters you would never think of being eatable? Look no further….

www.justgamerecipes.com/index.html

“Just Game Recipes” has 1,296 recipes in 31 categories.
Be sure to check out the miscellaneous recipes section! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1