Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Getting old
Jokes, funny stories and general humor
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Jokes & Humor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tremblay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject: Getting old Reply with quote

I believe it

Never argue with a stupid person ,cause they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. Mark Twwain
pete4d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

I know how he feels Cheers If I'd known I was gonna live this long I would've taken better care of myself. Cheers

When the SHTF I'm gonna hunker down until all those idiots kill each other. up-date

The secret to enjoying life is to never take it too seriously, as you will never make it out alive!

I'm on the watch list are you ?
Grey_Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

Amen Pete. Did a lot of dumb things in my younger days that are taking their toll now. The old saying - strong like bull, smart like one too comes to mind.....
slimjim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

are we all that old? No young ones around here to pass on our wisdom?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
pete4d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:

Just stand back and watch don't follow in my foot-steps

Cheers Hold my beer and watch this Cheers

When the SHTF I'm gonna hunker down until all those idiots kill each other. up-date

The secret to enjoying life is to never take it too seriously, as you will never make it out alive!

I'm on the watch list are you ?
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

pete4d wrote:
slimjim wrote:

Just stand back and watch don't follow in my foot-steps

Cheers Hold my beer and watch this Cheers

First thing I thought of when I started reading through this...

"Hold My Beer"....

Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

IN ORDER TO BE OLDER AND WISER..you first must be young n dumb

Grey_Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
IN ORDER TO BE OLDER AND WISER..you first must be young n dumb

^ truth. Those that learned from the mistakes became the "older and wiser" crowd. Those that didn't are how the Darwin awards were spawned...
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the much older lady that she should bring her own grocery bags, because plastic bags are not good for the environment.
The woman apologized to the young girl and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

The older lady said that she was right -- our generation didn't have the "green thing" in its day. The older lady went on to explain:
Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled. But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags that we reused for numerous things. Most memorable besides household garbage bags was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our school books. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags. But, too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.
We walked up stairs because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.

But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throw away kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts. Wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.
Back then we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blade in a r azor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's $45,000 SUV or van, which cost what a whole house did before the"green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart ass young person.

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off... Especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smartass who can't make change without the cash register telling them how much.

PaulS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

I don't mind being old but then I am a lot younger than I intend to be before I die.
All that stuff about how we lived is right. It doesn't express that we wore hand-me-down clothes from our older siblings or how we repaired our scooters, bikes and such.
I even recycled that young man's grandfathers car. It still runs fine with the carburetor that I rebuilt and the starter in it was rebuilt by me too. I even made a new battery tray when the factory tray rusted out. I rebuilt the transmission and gave the engine a valve job and new timing chain and sprockets. I rebuilt the brakes right down to the master and wheel cylinders.

Those plastic bags can be reused as liners in the garbage cans in my office and bathroom. They can be melted down and pressed into scales for knives and semi-auto pistols.
I'm not into the green thing but I like the great outdoors that you have to walk to get there. My favorite spot is the alpine meadow on the trail across the Olympic Crest Trail. It goes from Hurricane Ridge and comes out at Deer Park. It is a good seven day hike unless you pick up the pace, then it's doable in 5 days.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
GroovyJack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

Old is relative , when I was a teenager , people at forty were one foot in the grave .. When I was a young swabbie , all the guys getting ready to retire at thirty seven to forty ish were just ancient and decrepit and full of wisdom .. Now I'm past sixty and who cares , all down hill from here , feel great and glad I am still here ..

dhc4ever

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

Its not the age that slows you up.
Its the "mileage".

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
gelandangan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting old Reply with quote

Strange that I would pay money to do it again.
Perhaps I am weird , just like what my daughters told me.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Jokes & Humor
Page 1 of 1