Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

A once in a lifetime trip - For ME
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

1hr up the road from my place......we have spare bed...just saying.

Deer Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Appreciate the offer Elvis, but New Zealand is a fer piece away!!!
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Deer Sniper wrote:
Wow Vince, you really are getting around in the states, and it sounds like you are having a great time (despite a few minor misfortunes). Canada is one of those places I would like to take my wife to, so we can get into some trout, pike and salmon fly fishing. Maybe one day...

Enjoy your time there, as well as the rest of your time abroad...

Yes mate, spreading the love as much as I can, with both people and fur babies or dogs.

Finally got up to InTheDark’s (Ron) place...beautiful country and very different to anywhere else I’ve been. Visited Niagara Falls...amazing...with my daughter then on to Toronto which is just another BIG city, a pain to try and get out of on a week day afternoon, but once I had cleared the city it was an easy drive. Stayed just out of Parry Sound with Ron and his dog Tootsie, a beautiful collie. It was a tad cool there, had a light dusting of snow on Friday morning which made the trees look beautiful. I would have liked to see a decent snowfall but had to leave before it eventuated. I met some wonderful people whilst up there...lovely people and lovely country...even saw a couple of nice Tom turkeys.
Sitting in Toronto now, waiting to catch a bus to Buffalo airport to fly over to Dayton OHIO to check out an Air Force museum.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
slimjim

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
waiting to catch a bus to Buffalo airport to fly over to Dayton OHIO to check out an Air Force museum.

Vince, you are going to love the USAF Museum! How much time do you have? I've been there several times. The first time, I spent two days there and didn't get to see it all. There are six different "Galleys". You will need to prioritize them and then start working your way through. Enjoy!

www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Vince,
I used to live in Fairborn ohio, late 1960s early 1970s.
The museum was 15 min up the road, went there many times.
Still kicking myself for not going when they opened the new museum in its current location, apparently you dont know it all at 12......
The xb 70 and B 36 are outstanding in my memory.
If I ever get back over there its on my list.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Slim...the museum was absolutely outstanding...I’ve never seen anything like it anywhere else.

dhc4ever, Pete, do yourself a favour mate and find a way to get out here and visit this museum mate...it is awe inspiring. They are constantly upgrading the exhibits and they are incredible.

slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Awe inspiring is the word! Glad you enjoyed it, mate!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
English Mike

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Where are you at on Thursday Vince?

If anywhere near the east coast, I'll give you a wave out the window on my way down to Atlanta. Very Happy
Goron_308
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Regarding awe inspiring trips to the USA, what would you recommend seeing in Seattle or nearby? With a couple friends in the USA, we were planning to rent this house in WA for a week long holiday there, but we're actually planning to spend 10-12 days there, the rest of the time being spent in or around Seattle.

By the way, said American friends will be bringing a couple guns, would we just be allowed to shoot in the woods or at public ranges as foreigners, or would we be allowed to hunt as well? Thanks!
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
Where are you at on Thursday Vince?

If anywhere near the east coast, I'll give you a wave out the window on my way down to Atlanta. Very Happy

Thursday I’m sitting on the beach in Waikiki Hawai’i. I flew out of New York on Tuesday on a direct flight to Honolulu. I’m here until Saturday morning at 09:30 when I board a flight for Auckland then Brisbane to end my epic adventure.

I’ll think of all you guys that are shivering as I sit on the beach with s nice cold drink (may well be beer) in my hand.
Deer Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Well, at least you haven't forgotten us!

I'm sure this was an epic adventure for you Vince, and Brenda and I are both glad that you had a chance to stop by for a visit. We enjoyed our time with you, and probably like everyone else, we wish you could have stayed longer...

Enjoy your time in Hawaii, as I am sure you are. Good for you...
radar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Sounds like it’s been an epic trip Vince - loved the commentary and big ups to you ‘nuts’ out there that made it all happen for him.....

George Orwell
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Deer Sniper wrote:
Well, at least you haven't forgotten us!

I'm sure this was an epic adventure for you Vince, and Brenda and I are both glad that you had a chance to stop by for a visit. We enjoyed our time with you, and probably like everyone else, we wish you could have stayed longer...

Enjoy your time in Hawaii, as I am sure you are. Good for you...

I have had an amazing time so far David. I would have dearly loved to spend a week or more with everyone I visited, but that would have meant a 3 month holiday...way beyond reach financially.

I’ve just come back from lazing in the water at Waikiki Beach for about an hour...so relaxing mate.

Tomorrow is a full day Pearl Harbour tour then on Saturday morning at 9:30am I’m on the kerosene budgerigar back to Brisbane Australia.

slimjim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Enjoy your Pearl Harbour tour, Vince. Hope your flight home goes smoothly. Sorry we were not able to connect up.

Deer Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: A once in a lifetime trip - For ME Reply with quote

Vince,

please let us all know when you make it back home. I'm sure your wife and family miss you and will be glad to have you back home again.

We're glad you got to come over to the states and see some really great places, and visit with a lot of different people.

God Bless you Vince!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 9 of 11