Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Gun Control
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freedyf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

How wisely spoken. We'd better pay attention to whats going on around us. Freedy

buffalohunter
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

We down south tried to do something about the gov't about a 140 years ago. All you people up north got togather and killed that idea, the way things are now I bet you people up north are real happy you did now.

PaulS

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

I didn't have any relatives in this country back then. We became Americans between 1845 (on my dad's side) and 1917 (on my mom's side). I didn't become an American until 1950. You can't blame me for what happened before 1968 - that's when I was old enough to and voted the first time. I have always voted on the conservative side - not always republican sometimes they are too liberal in financial matters and too quick to stomp on personal rights in the name of "Law and Order". You don't stop criminals by restricting the rights of good citizens.
Guns find their way into prisons - how are you going to keep guns away from criminals who are free to move around stealing what they need? It does no good to tell a crook that he can't pick up a gun he stole or bought on the street for a week while he is checked out - That only keeps good citizens from getting a gun quickly. Placing new laws restricting guns, thinking that it makes any difference to crooks is absurd. You can't prevent laws from being broken without taking our rights away - you can only prosecute those who break the laws - and that is not done often enough to the extent that is deserved. It is easier to plea bargain than it is to convict and it takes less time. Then the criminal gets out early for "good behavior" or just because the jails are too crowded. The "three strikes law" isn't working because of the plea bargains. Immigrants to this country know more about the constitution and the way our government works that those who are born here. For example did you know the first president to circumvent the constitution was Lincoln and it was never put back together since? FD Roosevelt is the president who butchered the constitution and completely removed the "State's Rights" making the Federal Government the controlling force in the USA. The constitution is ignored by the government from the top officials down to local LE agencies unless they can hide behind it. The individual police officers are working with their hands tied because of the politics of local government. The only way to correct the problem is to remove the presidential powers act and take the inducements for a two party system out of the election process. Instead of supporting the two top contenders with our tax dollars (federal matching funds) we should even the playing field by setting a limit on what can be spent on campaigning and then level the playing field by subsidizing those who don't have the money to campaign like the "big two".
If you want to fix the Social Security program then take away all the private and public retirement programs and make it so that the only money you can receive after retirement is Social Security retirement. To better finance the country install a 3% income tax - no deductions - no waivers - everybody and every company pays 3% of all their income every year. It doesn't matter if you are making $10,000 or $10,000,000 a year. Make that a maximum cap on all taxation - do away with all the other taxes - if the income is being taxed then you already paid taxes on everything you buy. So you have 3% federal tax and 3% state tax. We the people have more money in our pockets, the govenment has the money to fund what they need and what it can't pay cash for it can't have. No federal "deficit" allowed. No state deficit allowed. If the government runs low on money then the top guy loses his income first and it works its way down to the street worker last.
This can all be corrected in about three years with three initiatives for the federal level and another three years and three initiatives at the state level. It will never happen though because it would require people to stand up to the unlawful practices of the corrupt government that they have learned to rely upon for their "needs".

(stepping down from my soap box and returning to the normally programmed diatribe)

your sometimes irreverend reverend,

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
george20042007

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

I think we gun owners are in better shape than what we were a year ago, i.e high capacity mags are back; more states offering concealed carry permits & having reciprocity with other state, etc. But, there is crime, gun haters, and plenty of gun laws. The battle goes on & I for one will fight to keep mine.

Level taxation? What a concept. I've wanted it for years. Why won't it happen? It has to do with donations. Donations are tax deductible, where would the Red Cross be, or the Salvation Army, or church contributions or any other tax deductable donation be if we had level taxation? No one would feel a need to donate.

Let's not borrow trouble, let's make sure the enemy has made it clear what their intentions are before we bring out the big guns. Bonk This is still the best nation on earth...
Keep it coming...
Crackshot

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

"We the people" should not have to settle for what freedoms we were born too. But we have been brain washed, trained, what ever, to believe what ever our "government" tells us, good or bad for us.
We need to take back control of our country, but it wont happen in our life times, so.....live with what you got and be happy, I fear we will lose what freedoms we have gotten back real soon, some whacko pumped up on CIA manufactured LSD will go on a killing spree and will cause a rampant lawmaking frenzy in in the HOR & Congress, and the President will be forced or pressured into signing them into law.
View user's profile ICQ Number AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Daveyboy

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

Over here in good old blighty - the mother country - we must have the strictist gun laws on the face of the planet. Seperate boxes for guns and ammo, everything locked away, masses of paperwork.

Did you know, that if Officer Dibble asks my wife is she knows where the keys are to the gun box and she says 'Yes', I will lose my permit. My own wife for chrissakes! And whom do you imagine I ask if I need to find anything in this house? Mobile 'phones, car keys, the dog? Some days I can't find my own arse with both hands so I need to have her around - anyway, the kids seem to like her and she walks the dog. And it's raining outside too - she's really keen to stay, good hips too.

Anyway, if you yankies go the same way that we have, you'll be stuffed. Permits for everything, police checks, restrictions on ownership, types of ammo and if they can find any one way in which they can take it all off you, they will.

If I were you lot, I would stick 2 fingers up - old story from when we beat the french - and fight to keep your guns. It's mainly the illegal ownership that does the illegal killing. Which reminds me. We stuffed the French at the battle of agincourt. King whateverhisnamewas said that all English bowmen should, if caught, have their bow fingers cut off. And that's why we flick the 'V' sign - to show that we've still got them. These days it's symbolic only, we've got nothing.

The final thing is that you can buy, illegally, anything over here. Uzi's, rifles, shotguns, all sorts of semi automatics, pistols and it's all on the black market. You want any of that legally? No chance.

History has a habit of repeating itself and we are in line with what Hitler did in the 1930's. I think I'll go and buy a ranch somewhere...

D

shootist

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

Well-said DAVEYBOY......

Regards,

SHOOTIST
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

G'Day Daveyboy old mate.
Sounds like we are approaching your level of Govt Gun Control VERY quickly here in Oz. You hit the nail squarely on the head mate. Only law abiding citizens take notice of, and comply with, laws even if they are "over the top" and unfair. Mad Like blighty, you can get almost anything on the black market over here. As I have so often heard...."Outlaw guns and only outlaws will have guns" !

Cheers, Vince

PS Did you get my last email?

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
george20042007

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

Vince, the saying has been around for some time now. I believe it's one saying our lawmkers pay attention to. Recent gun legislation in Florida now gives Floridians the right to use deadly force to protect themselves & even those who visit that state. They too can be defended by a Floridian who has legal ownership of a gun.

I'm hoping that more lawmakers will grant us the right to protect ourselves. Right now if we use a gun in self defense, we fall under criminal law where we have to prove it was necessary Sad That is we have to prove our innocence. We need laws like what Florida has now, where you don't have to prove your innocence but have to be found guilty.

Here in Arizona, our Governor signed a bill that says we who have concealed cary permits don't require any additional training when it comes time to renew.

Things like that help me believe we won't be loosing our guns any time soon. Very Happy
Keep it coming...
george20042007

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that California worries me, as gun laws there are taking a backwards step. Yuck

Lawmakers at the moment are tied up on illegal aliens, that takes the heat off gun legislation & may in the end help gun owners. Smile
Keep it coming...
Crackshot

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

Michigan is know trying to pass a law that will, like Florida, let residents and visitors defend themselves with out fear of prosecution for doing so.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

I really don't care what state I'm in. I WILL defend myself with deadly force if necessary...Anti-gun and selfdefence laws be damned. There is another old saying. "Better tried by 12 then carried by 6".

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
george20042007

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

Well Bushy, like you, when it comes down to it, I will defend myself with deadly force. That's why I love Arizona, there are so many here that think like me.
Keep it coming...
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

Missouri too.....

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Crackshot

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Gun Control Reply with quote

Same here, I was just telling you whats going on in my State as far as the right to crry and defend your self. Right at this point I think carrying a handgun for defence in this State is useless, they have a list of places its illegal to carry in so long, that you can, and do, get in trouble for forgetting you have your gun on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 2 of 3