Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Another slash at Aussie Shooters
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 am    Post subject: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

And you guys think you have problems...

Ammunition Limits

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Aloysius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

Vince, I don't laugh anymore.
Because they discovered about 30 Kalashnikov-magazins in the house of a terrorist who blew himself up in Brussels, they concluded that this terrorist could buy this magazins without showing a license or whatever, they are going to put magazins on licenses...
No one of these highly payed politicians seems to notice that this terrorist didn't use this magazins for his attack. What can you do with a magazin without a gun but throwing and hoping you can hit something you aimed at? This terrorist didn't use his magazins to blow himself up...
Our enlightened politicians forget that lot's of magazins do fit on guns of another make or caliber.
And how many full-automats operate on magazins? I'm wondering what kind of definition they are going to give on "magazin" and how this law is going to influence terrorists to step over to band-feeded stuff. I'm even wondering what about clips etc. and how to register these little thing without ruining them.
And when they can smuggle Kalasnikovs, do you expect that they cannot smuggle magazins in the country?
Oh it's fun making laws without being hindered by knowledge... Smile
Elvis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

Vince me old mate.....Ive descussed/debated this one before and been shot down in ball of flames many times over my views..
when we changed over to a so called lifetime licence (renewed ever to years) we lost opertunity to track what went where (this at time they dropped regestry of guns) by not putting swipe strip on plastic card.....
it wouldv'e been simple matter then to swipe it when making purchase...the data might well be of limited use but it would have been there .
a years reasonable useage in your case will include loads of shotgun as you destroy clays and can easily proove this...
loads of rimfire as you destroy bunnies again easily prooved
centrefire again you poke lots of holes in paper and chase the big stuff when you get the chance...take loads of photos and you chain of evidence is there....... the "grandfathering" clause in these types of thing comes to mind....... get out and shoot as much as humanly possible this year and keep records/receipts of it,then you have "historic usage" to proove you need it.
yes I reaslise its all B.S. and wont stop bad guys but sometimes we can jump through hoops without burning our bums and eventually the powers that be realise its pointless and take them away
eg our dangerous goods laws as first drafted ment Mum couldnt put bottle of janola bleech in car at same time as food..both common grocery items...
the laws soon got changed to include "consumer quantities" exzemptions...
fingers crossed for you mate that it doesnt come to this
we have a labour/greens/NZ First govt here now and we know how badly that combo turned out for you fellas.

gelandangan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

There is a further hit to Aussies, NIOA the main distributor for almost all gun powder has announced that the freight delivery for gun powder to states outside NSW and QLD is now fully stopped due to regulations and cost.
Soon there will be a huge shortage of powders to VIC, WA, SA, NT and TAS.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
English Mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

We're restricted on how much ammunition we can possess, in my case 250rds each of 22-250, .243 & .270 & 1,000rds of .22rf.
I can have as much 12ga ammunition as I like.
It's a stupid & pointless regulation, as firstly, that's way more than most nutters use when they go on a killing spree. Secondly, there's nothing apart from being law-abiding that stops me from hoarding, rather than shooting & thirdly, I reload & there's no restrictions on components possessed, apart from a 15kg (33lb) limit on powder, so I could manufacture several hundred rounds in an evening if I so desired.
English Mike

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

gelandangan wrote:
There is a further hit to Aussies, NIOA the main distributor for almost all gun powder has announced that the freight delivery for gun powder to states outside NSW and QLD is now fully stopped due to regulations and cost.
Soon there will be a huge shortage of powders to VIC, WA, SA, NT and TAS.

We had that crap happen here, so now the only carrier prepared to move the stuff charges an extortionate rate & powder is thus currently £40-50 (US$52-65) a pound.
I thought I'd won the Lottery last month, when a shooter here who had an accident put up 8lb of Varget for sale & I got it for £150 (US$195) the lot.
Now I need to score some H4831sc before the ban on imports of most Hodgdon/IMR powders comes in next year courtesy of the EU - allegedly because they containg a chemical that causes cancer (in rats...) but in fact, pure protectionism.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

Elvis...that makes a lot of sense mate and is an idea I will embrace. I think the main reason people hoard ammo, especially rimfire, is because of price hikes...they grab a brick or two when it’s cheap and put it away for a rainy day.

Aloys, the antis will grab any opportunity they can to endeavour to further their objectives which is to totally disarm everybody. This of course will not affect criminals or terrorists.

Gelan, I read somewhere recently that NIOA in conjunction with Thales had established a powder magazine in most, if not all, States to ensure there was no powder shortage anywhere. Thales has stated that their aim is to support sporting shooters (reloaders) and ensure powder is readily available to them. Time will tell.

Mike of Pomgolia...I agree totally with your sentiments mate...it is a totally useless law that is nothing more than a “feel good” for the politicians and gives the antis another arrow in their quiver.

The unfortunate thing is they are saying Labor has a small lead over the LNP Coalition for the upcoming State election tomorrow. The unknown factor is to which party the Greens and independents will give their preference.

dhc4ever

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

Nicely timed for tomorrow Vince.
Miss alphabet is not keeping her nose in the public money trough if I can help it.
Still that only leaves the dumb and dumber parties to vote for.
This really reinforces the fact the French only got 1 thing right in history.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

dhc4ever wrote:
Nicely timed for tomorrow Vince.
Miss alphabet is not keeping her nose in the public money trough if I can help it.
Still that only leaves the dumb and dumber parties to vote for.
This really reinforces the fact the French only got 1 thing right in history.

Dont know about your electorate mate, but we are up that well known creek without a paddle.

Our candidates are:

Candidate Party Affiliation Or Independent

WORLD, Elizabeth - The Greens

ELSTON, Nick - Liberal National Party (Ex Army Transport Offr)

FURNER, Mark - Australian Labor Party (current incumbent)

FOO, Lisa Animal Justice Party ( animaljusticeparty.org/ )

What order do I put this mob in for goodness sake??? I was going to put a 4 in every box, but that would then be an informal and wasted vote.

RePete

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

This is similar where I am.

From the link.

"(1) A person who acquires or owns or has possession of more ammunition than is required to meet the person’s reasonable needs in making lawful use of a firearm for the immediately following 12 months is guilty of an offence. Maximum penalty: $5 000."

The casual shooter may only shoot 1000rds/year, but the competitive shooter may have 50000rds/year. I have about 30000rds at home.

"And you have to prove your innocence if charged:

In proceedings for an offence under subsection (1) or (2), the onus is on the defendant to prove that the quantity of ammunition in his or her possession was not more than was required to meet his or her reasonable needs in making lawful use of a firearm or in carrying on the business of a dealer (as the case requires) for the immediately following 12 months."

This is saying that you are guilty and then prove yourself innocent which is utterly ridiculous.

Stercus Accidit = Sh*t Happens in Latin.

Nice try = You Suck spelled different.

My parents spanked me as a child. As a result, I now suffer from a psychological condition known as RESPECT FOR OTHERS.
Aloysius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

The amount of ammunition you need depends highly on what happens in the future... there can be an attack of killing rabbits or rats or even terrorists... as a good father you have to take precautions for everything. Don't they know Murphy and his laws out there? If something can go wrong, you can be sure that someday it will go wrong...
what if the last killer-rabbit can kill you because you have 1 round short?
slimjim

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Another slash at Aussie Shooters Reply with quote

I believe in O'Brian's law. Murphy was an optimist!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 1