No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Good lord I'm burned out... we've been under a massive mandatory overtime grind for 8 months now, the last 6 at 6 days a week. We technically still arent done yet, but I had "pre approved" vacation for the week of the 4th, that I refuse to give up. Packing the camp trailer tomorrow and heading to remote places without cell phone reception for a few days.

I am sooooooooooo sick of work, I cant wait to get out and do absolutely nothing but reel in a fish or pull a trigger for a while. The entire project should wrap up completely in the next 3 weeks or so. At that point I should get 4-6 weeks off as paid "compensation time". As good as that sounds, I dunno if its worth the overtime of the past year. In this economy though, there arent alot of other options.

Heading out Sunday, be back tuesday or wednesday. The 2nd half of the week we'll break out the boat and hit a local favorite lake, chasing kokanee salmon.

-DallanC
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Enjoy your time off my friend.....You have earned it....

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

have a ball ol chum
dont forget the camera and I look forward to reading about the one that got away.
take the alarm clock with you and give it a pattern with the 12ga.

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Enjoy the time off Dallan.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Glad you're getting some time off! Remember those pics for the extended family.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
gelandangan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Have a nice holiday mate!

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Get outer here, switch off and enjoy.
Dont come back unti you're de-stressed or out of bait and ammo.
Enjoy.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Pete summed it up nicely mate...get out there and de-stress. I've always said that time spent hunting and fishing is never time wasted mate.

I assume you will be taking the family...time to do some bonding, shooting with SWMBO and the kids...then break out the fishing poles.

Have a good break mate...and don't worry about this place...we'll all be good fer ya.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Hot Damn!! The Boss is gone...P A R T E E E .....

Enjoy Mr. Dallan.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
ElyBoy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

I've been in your shoes. Relax and enjoy your time off Dallan.

Eric

NRA Life Member
English Mike

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

"Lose" your cell phone matey, otherwise some miserable git WILL intrude on your overdue rest.

Have bloody good time & DON'T think about work.
slimjim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Best Wishes, Dallan! Post some pictures of relaxation.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
PaulS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

Well, it probably too late but - Have a great time Dallan!

We will all still be here when you get back... (I hope).

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
"Lose" your cell phone matey, otherwise some miserable git WILL intrude on your overdue rest.

Shoulda seen my boss when mentioned cell phones, I said "unless you guys are buying me a sat phone, it aint happening... the color just drained out of his face.

The project has gone MONTHS past the original April 1st deadline. When they pushed the date past that, they figured we would be done easily by now... so they said "go ahead and schedual vacations like normal in July". I immediatly got 2 different weeks approved. Fast forward to now, they are screwed actually... heads are going to roll in upper management if this doesnt get done ASAP. However even with things falling down around their heads, they said they would honor any "approved vacations".

The kicker now, is anyone who DIDNT request vacation now has to work... even on the 4th! Its sad, its causing alot of bitterness by those who didnt bother getting vacation approved and have to work, while a bunch of us are all getting the hell out of dodge. I dont blame my co-workers really... its managements cluster**** and I dont doubt we have alot of people quit.

Anywho, I'm going to play as much as I can. Tried to repair a CV boot on my driveline this evening while the wife packed the trailer. Good lord I want to strangle the person who invented CV joints. The kicker was once I FINALLY got it all back together, one of the bolts broke off in the rear yoke... sigh. Will fix that later in the week when I get back from camping.

My 12 year old is giddy to get to shoot his new Savage Axis in 7mm08. I loaded some moderate 120grn Ballistic Tips to break it in. Should be fun.

-DallanC
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: 10 months of overtime... I'm going on vacation! Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:

Shoulda seen my boss when mentioned cell phones, I said "unless you guys are buying me a sat phone, it aint happening There's no cell reception where I'm heading" Very Happy ... the color just drained out of his face.

The project has gone MONTHS past the original April 1st deadline. When they pushed the date past that, they figured we would be done easily by now... so they said "go ahead and schedual vacations like normal in July". I immediatly got 2 different weeks approved. Fast forward to now, they are screwed actually... heads are going to roll in upper management if this doesnt get done ASAP. However even with things falling down around their heads, they said they would honor any "approved vacations".

The kicker now, is anyone who DIDNT request vacation now has to work... even on the 4th! Its sad, its causing alot of bitterness by those who didnt bother getting vacation approved and have to work, while a bunch of us are all getting the hell out of dodge. I dont blame my co-workers really... its managements cluster**** and I dont doubt we have alot of people quit.

Anywho, I'm going to play as much as I can. Tried to repair a CV boot on my driveline this evening while the wife packed the trailer. Good lord I want to strangle the person who invented CV joints. The kicker was once I FINALLY got it all back together, one of the bolts broke off in the rear yoke... sigh. Will fix that later in the week when I get back from camping.

My 12 year old is giddy to get to shoot his new Savage Axis in 7mm08. I loaded some moderate 120grn Ballistic Tips to break it in. Should be fun.

-DallanC
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2