Albums: 305
 Pictures: 2356
  · Views: 344189
  · Votes: 1306
  · Comments: 85

Support our Advertisers

Alumahide for your hair
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzanne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

I was lookin through some videos of camo applications and came across this. I thought the guy had some sort of helmet on....it's his hair...interesting color too!

Check This Out just for kicks

Suz

chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

wtf It matches his shirt !!!

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Suzanne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

I did my own camo job today and it came out pretty good. I messed up one spot by touching it too soon, but I'm glad I got it done. That rifle was too ugly, it had some sort of photo realistic camo on it. From a distance it just looked really dirty and had a gray tone to it.
So what's with the hair idea anyway. It reminds me of one of my patients who is balding but has hair on top that is way too long. Not a comb-over (his sides are bald) and when he's in the dental chair (reclined) it looks like someone with a weird hat on. You just want to scream at people that do that! Cut it off!! It looks really stupid!! They're hangin on by their fingernails to keep the fantasy(of returning growth) going.

Suz

slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:
You just want to scream at people that do that! Cut it off!! It looks really stupid!! They're hangin on by their fingernails to keep the fantasy(of returning growth) going.

Suz, why would you want to take hope away from those less fortunate?

glad you got the camo job done. I'm liking the one I did more each day. Ready to go shoot some good groups with it. Are you going to post a picture?

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Suzanne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

For you Slim, I just finished the camo job today. Sewed up some additions as I didn't want to camo the scope and the metal.

[img][/img][img][/img]

It's such a totally fun thing to do, at least if you're successful. I wanna do my Savage 30-06 too, it has a plastic stock just begging for a makeover. Not a comb over, a make over...

BTW I like your camo job better than mine. You really did a good job. It takes a bit of bother to get it right and I'm bout outa bother.

Suz

cbsweeney

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

That looks great Suzanne! I like the snazzy cover for the scope and the barrel. The camo matches perfect.

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

Hey now thats a great idea with the scope cover, I like it

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Alumahide for your hair Reply with quote

You'll notice I put a liner on the inside of the scope cover. I don't know what that stuff is called but it's real soft fuzzy cloth. It makes the cover a but stiffer and so it holds it's shape better than draping. I used some velcro in between the scope mounts so I can just pinch it together and some more around the eye piece area leaving the scope focus bare. Just a rectangular shape. The barrel cover just slips on and I made a cut-out for the sling swivel, that's enough to keep it in place.

I thought about doin the bi-pod too.....still thinkin.....I'll probably never hunt with the gun anyway.....the camo that came with it was half baked and I wanted it to look better, then I got carried away and made the cloth stuff....needed somethin to do. Glad you like it.

Thinkin about rebuilding my lawn mower over the winter, maybe I'll do a camo on it....JUST KIDDING!! I don't wanna smell like a mechanic!

Suz

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 1