Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwethereyet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

I have enjoyed reading some of the stories here, so thought I would share a funny one that happened to me a few years ago.

I live a bit out of town, on an acreage.
And my property, borders on my best friends property, so between us we have 320 acres.

With hunting season just a few weeks away, us 2 guys, load up our guns into the scarabs, and on our backs, grab a bunch of rounds, and head out onto our property, riding our quads.

There is a place we often go shoot, its got a nice tall hill as a backdrop, and is a good safe palce to shoot.

Our property has lots of trails, as we both ride on it, have horses, and we have kids with their own dirt bikes that tear it up.

So we get there and are just BS'ing and sipping coffee from a thermos, generally just loving being outdoors, our dogs are running all over, and having a good time, the creeks nearly dry at this time of year, but my labs are enjoying the 3 inches of water anyways.

So we load the rifles, I have 3 rifles along, my pal 2.
Just before we are going to start shooting, a family comes walking down the trail, man, wife, and a couple young kids, with a dog.

So we unchamber the rounds and safe the guns and are going to wait.

The guy is almost hostile when he gets to us and sees us armed and about to shoot.
Asks us what the hell we think we are doing.
I calmsly say well your on my land, and we are here to site the guns in for the upcoming moose hunt we have planned.
He says BS and what are we doing there.
I say, did you not open a gate that says private property, no tresspassing to get here, he says ya, but we walk this several times a year.
Fine i say, but your on my land, and we are shooting, I suggest you head back, or keep going your choice, but we are going to shoot, but you got time to be far away before we start, we are in no rush so will give you lots of time to stroll off.

He looks pissed, and mumbles about cops etc.

They walk away.

Time passes, and we atart shooting.
A couple hundred rounds later, we return home.

Forward to dinner time, i am outside BBQ'ing and a cop pulls up to the gate, and walks in.
Asks if I had been shooting, say yup did lots of shooting today.
He asks where, why, what guns etc.
They had a complaint about heavily armed crazy guys on quads, shooting up hiking trails in a park.
I laughed, told him what happened he says oh, and leaves.

A few days later 2 cops, and a conservation officer arrive at my door and ask more questions.
I answer them, show them my land map i have, and offer to take them into where i shoot.
The CO and cops and me all pile into my jeep and head down the trail, a full sized truck is too big.

I show them where we shoot, and all is good, head back to the house they are polite, say sorry for the bother, and now would i like to press charges against the tresspassing family.
I say no, but a call to them saying its private land, and please read the no tresspassing signs is good enough.
The cop calls them right there so i can hear the call being made.
The guy starts yelling at the cop and swears, tells him i cannot shoot there blah, blah , blah....finally he tells the cop the governement needs to buy the land and turn it into a park so they can walk it.

I laughed, the cop hung up on him.
Cops now really apologize and say the guys crazy, leaves me a card, and says if he ever bothers you again call me personally i will arrest his ass.
They leave, and all was cool.

So basically watch out for kooks, they are everywhere.
slots918

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

Reminds me of a time when I was logging and a archery hunter complained loudly,that I was messing up his hunt with my equipment. I decided not to tell about the herd of Elk up on the ridge I had just came down or the six point bull fifty yards away over his left shoulder.

I just nodded and sipped my coffee and watched him DRIVE away Laughing
wiersy111

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

What a great idea lets let the government control everything so the morons can go anywhere they please. Sounds like that individual could use a good old fashioned stomping.

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

rwethereyet wrote:
So basically watch out for kooks, they are everywhere.

Yep, they are everywhere mate. The touchy feely, warm and fuzzy, coombuyare, tree huggers are multiplying...and its the shallow end of the gene pool that is filling up with the buggers.

I would not hesitate to have his wee pink cuddly little arse thrown in jail (they will love him in there) if ever he shows up again uninvited.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
rwethereyet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

Funny thing is, lots of people walk the trails on my property, some dirt bike thru it, whatever, I really do not mind.

I just find it terrible arrogant, and stupid to bitch at me because I am sing my own property.
I bought 160 acres in the country to avoid the morons like him.

Anyways, it gave me a good laugh in the end when the police said that.

The road I am on is a dead end road, and has a grand total of 4 places on it.

The 2 guys on the other side of the road tease me and my pal, for having such tiny bits of land, as we each just have 160 acres.
The other guys have a lot more, one has 640 acres, the other one a couple thousand acres.

They encourage me to shoot all I want, and they shoot to.

Other than us 4, the nearest house is literally miles away.
So while I am always carefully, really its impossible to shoot someone unless they are tresspassing on my property, or i shot them walking down the road.
I even had a barbed wire fence made around my whole place, and gates on both entrances.
The gate at the end of my driveway vcannot even be opened unless I let a car in, as the wife and I have the only remotes to open the gate.
So traffic has to park by the road and walk up thru a small gate that even says no tresspassing, and beware of dogs.
The back field gate is just a barbed wire gate that has to be realesed from its cable holder and let down, its the access to my friends property.
So its impossible to get onto my place, and not know you are tresspassing on private property, and go over a fence, or open a gate marked no tresspassing.
The guy is obviously just a selfish idiot.
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

wiersy111 wrote:
. Sounds like that individual could use a good old fashioned stomping.

Very Happy +1

I woulda made the cops drive out to my place worth their while.

That tree-huggin' trail-nazi had some balls and, zero bains.

rwethereyet took the high-road and presented us in a very favorable light. Good on you sir! Cool

I'd stommped a mud hole in that idiots face w/ a turd encrusted Cowtown Buckaroo. Then pressed charges for telling me what to do on my land.

But, that's just me. Laughing

True story:
Colville, 2001. Had a crazy preacher living next door. This guy was a freak. We had 7 acres, he had 3, no fences. People's dogs came and went on the mountain as they do and no one cared. He didn't dig it when other dogs came on his land. He shot one once after warning a neighbor to lock it up- after it came on our property from doing a "number" on his. Popped it with a 9mm just on our side of the line.

That tore it.

I called the Sheriff, dad went next door while I waited in the door way with the goose gun, this guy was pretty big, my dad was a bent up old man, ever see the fear of God get scared into a preacher by a little old man? Sheriff came, he got fined, lost his gun...and moved soon after. Laughing

Pop's never told me what he told that dood- but, for the time remaining he was there we never saw him once. Never heard a peep. 'Cept for the time he came over to say sorry te next day.
Pop's just beamed at him w/ a 1000y stare, didn't say a freakin' word. I sat there trying not to laugh.

Moral- mind your, and other's, property lines. Stupid's expensive and can get you lit up like the 4th of July, or, worse.

I'm officially started thank you very much !!! Razz
rwethereyet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

I tend to be an easy going guy for the most part.

Being self employed, and having to deal with rude customers, I learned its best to just smile and say yes, even when they are wrong.
Argueing just upsets everyone.

The nice guy that told me about this here forum, and asked me to join, I met on another forum, where everyone argues about everything.

Its fun to just sit back and read there, as all they do is bicker.

I posted a joke there oneday, and they even turned that into an arguement, its actually really funny to see.
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

Me too- get paid to deal with 'them'. Normally I turn the other cheek. There's a limit though. So I usually walk. The "Stupid's expensive" thingy applies to me too... Laughing
wy111

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

Over here in the UK, a few years back, a law called "Right to roam" was brought in, brought about by ***** ramblers. Now the Government is bringing another one in, "Coastal Access" for walkers.
This means, that the majority of PRIVATE land anywhere in the Country, will be accessable to any idiot.
Our shooting bodies have managed to restrict some areas which are used for wildfowling.
Count yourself lucky where you are, where, private, MEANS private.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

I'm amazed at the way things are in GB. I've heard the public is powerless to protect themselves or some such.

'Bout time for another Revolution here, though.
There's still places here where the "Castle Doctrine" is still strong.
Could be stronger if we declare open season on the soft-spine's that would rather live lock-step on-line than enjoy a fine little thing called Liberty.
wy111

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
I'm amazed at the way things are in GB. I've heard the public is powerless to protect themselves or some such.

'Bout time for another Revolution here, though.
There's still places here where the "Castle Doctrine" is still strong.
Could be stronger if we declare open season on the soft-spine's that would rather live lock-step on-line than enjoy a fine little thing called Liberty.
Not gonna hijack the thread, but could say more about bunny and tree huggers. This Country's gone down the tube Mad

rwethereyet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

WY111, so basically no point in buying land there then?

Heck can you just find a nice waterfront estate and build yourself a home on it? lol

Kidding.......but its rather pointless to buy land if its just open to whomever anyways.

I really for the most part am fine with people using my property to walk, or ride on, but i draw the line at people telling me what I can, or cannot do on my own property.

I was out walking the dogs oneday and came across about a dozen ladies picking berries , they freaked out and became very apologetic for coming in the gate and on my property.

I laughed, and told them it was fine.
Asked them to please just stay on the back half of the property, and not come up by the house, shop etc.
As I said, if you get to where you can see my house, please turn and head back the other way.
Otherwise I have no problem with a group of nice ladies picking some berries, as I cannot eat them all.

They thanked me, and said it was very nice of me, and continued on.
Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

I still want to know what forum your from still. Laughing

Dimitri

English Mike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

The place I shoot the most here in the UK is an old mine workings with some good sized banks of tailings for use as backstops.
It belongs to a farmer friend who lets us use it as a range & somewhere to shoot clays.
When we're shooting, we run a "Do Not Cross" tape across the only access (that's already gated & marked as private property) with a "Danger: Shooting In Progress" sign right there in the middle.
Last year we watched a guy walking his dog open the gate, CUT the tape & throw the notice to one side within seconds of shots being fired.
When challenged , he said the farmer had given him permission to walk through whenever he liked but for some reason he couldn't remember the farmer's name when I asked him.
On top of that, his dog was off the leash & that's asking to get it shot here, as we're in sheep country (shut-up Vince... Razz ) & way too much stock is killed by "pets".

Some people refuse to learn.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Interesting thing that happened to me a few years ago Reply with quote

Pommy Mike wrote:
...we're in sheep country (shut-up Vince... Razz )

I'm not sayin' a word snicker snicker snicker...my lips are sealed hyuk hyuk hyuk...nothing wrong with sheep....they love them in New Zealand.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1