Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Daylight Savings Time Reminder.
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

Just remember to change your clock this weekend its this time of year agian. Smile

Its one hour back this time around so dont forget before you go to bed tonight (Saturday). Smile

Dimitri

1895ss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

In this province we quit that foolishness years ago. We don't change our clocks back and forth at all.

Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

Thats good 1895, execpt most places get stuck with changing the clocks 2 times a year Sad

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

1895ss...What does the "ss" stand for? Have I asked this question before? Did I get an answer? I have sooo many questions to have answered before my demize. Do you think you could atleast answer this one before I go???

By The Way...I hate time changes. Mad They are obsolete and should be done away with. Mad How old are "Daylight Savings Time" and "Standard Time" you ask? Benny Franklin invented them....So that farmers could have more daylight to milk cows. We now have lights (electric) which, I believe, he invented too...Why, they even have electricity and lights here in Missouri...I wonder why my barn doesn't...Got to correct that pretty soon...Feel like I have a half Amish half protestant mini ranch here... Very Happy

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
1895ss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
1895ss...What does the "ss" stand for? Have I asked this question before? Did I get an answer? I have sooo many questions to have answered before my demize. Do you think you could atleast answer this one before I go???

Very Happy

That would be hijacking Dimitri's thread and getting off topic. Besides I told you once before what it meant. Is your CRS that bad? Very Happy

As for time changes, well I don't see any advantage moving your clock back and forth. Smile

rrogacki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

1895ss wrote:
Bushmaster wrote:

-D

That would be hijacking Dimitri's thread and getting off topic. Besides I told you once before what it meant. Is your CRS that bad? -D

As for time changes, well I don't see any advantage moving your clock back and forth. )
Changing the clocks back and forth is now considered a "GREEN" thing. Evil or Very Mad It saves energy and helps the environment. At least that's what my tree hugger brother told me. Embarassed

Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

Only saves for the enviroment in power usage if factories were still built like the 1800s and before when they had HUGE windows and were facing in the direction of the sun. Laughing

Dimitri

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

Oh for petey sake. Keep "green" out of this. makes me want to go out amd mow my lawn...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
george20042007

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

We don't change our cloks in Phoenix either. Still got screwed up! Mad We bought a new hi-tech clock that tells the correct time when you plug it in. Great for power failures. It has to be set for the correct time zone. It even had Phoenix as one of the time zones. Last Sunday we set the alarm for 0700 so we could get to our bible study at 0900. The clock said 0800 when my daughter came into our room and asked if we were going to class today. I said yes, as I took another sip of coffee. She said, well you're going to be late, class already started. Neeless to say, we missed class.

I'm puzzled by what the instructions are calling the "Phoenix Time Zone".
Keep it coming...
Dimitri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

George,

Its set for Daylights savings time it just mentions "Phoenix" because its a city people in the same time zone can relate too probably Smile

Dimitri

Spacedone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

they should at least wait until missouri deer season weekend is over instead of 12 days before season . im being robbed of a extra hours sleep lol.
Handloader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

Bushmaster: congrats on the move from the SRK. I sincerely wish you the best in your new location, with or without lights in the barn.

Let's take the subject of DST one step further. Not only is it a rediculous matter, but, also the whole issue of Time Zones as we now have them. Everything worldwide could operate easily on GMT. Given that time itself is a concept, it is one that begs to be manipulated in a more logical manner.

Next on the Hit List, would be the elimination of the International Dateline, another arcane and obsolete "idea".

Up with GMT!!
george20042007

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: Daylight Savings Time Reminder. Reply with quote

Handloader, I've been saying that for years. Why are they opposed to change when the change would be for the better? Confused
Keep it coming...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1