Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener....
Small Game hunting related discussion
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Small Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

I love the tail-gater in the hotel parking lot, what a hoot to the other hunters. They get back from a blistering hot day shooting and there's a BBQ goin on, they're not invited but only to sniff someone elses rewards. The taco guys could have made you some dove tacos, that'd be a treat.

moose2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

Wow Stovey! What a fun hunt, great story, and nice pics. You sure know how to enjoy it all. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Very Happy

stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

We had such a great time it was unreal. My bud's wife prepped the breasts with a nice marinade and stuffed them with cream cheese, green chili and other stuff and bacon wrapped them. What a treat. We shared too. Some guys looked pretty worked so... get on over here, have a beer and a bird!

I mainly got white wing and mourning and one euro. There's no limit on eurasian collards, spotted necks and I really wanted to clean up on them, but they were all in town on the wires....hmmmm. Maybe they got the message.

Thanks everyone! Razz
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
man that sounds like fun. good to hear you got amounst them and got yourself some recoil therapy.

Thanks Big E, had a blast, but it can't be as much fun as clobbering quackers in a bath robe in yer front yard! Razz
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
Great story and an even better hunt Stovey...well done mate.

I must admit, I find dove hunting strange because they are everywhere out here but not hunted...in fact we feed them in out back yard.

My shooting buddy says he has tried dove and it was delicious...maybe it is something I need to do in the future.

Cheers, Vince

Mate, grab the pellet rifle, bag a couple and Google some Imperial Valley Dove Recipe's, there's a ton. If ya BBQ them just make sure they are soaked and wrapped and they come out suculent. Enjoy mate!
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

gelandangan wrote:
It figures..
It wont be stoves if there aint any photos of food..

Looks like you have great time mate.

Laughing

I had 5 doves and heap of sides. There was two kinds of bread, sweet butter, veggies, German tater salad with bacon, pasta salad and oh man....my tummy's growlin' again! Razz
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:
The taco guys could have made you some dove tacos, that'd be a treat.

Great suggestion....they were closed when we got back. You'd have loved their food, the corn tortillas were the best anywhere. All homemade, not sure how they did the corn tortilla but it looked like it might have been flash cooked in oil- not greasy or hard but man yummy.

Hope you are well, Suz, and the heat breaks up there, been getting reports of some scorching dry weather up north.
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

moose2 wrote:
Wow Stovey! What a fun hunt, great story, and nice pics. You sure know how to enjoy it all. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Very Happy

How's the new dig's mister? One of these days ya need ta invite me up for a hunt when yer spot's are locked down. Love to share one with ya wild man. Razz
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

And one just fer my ol pal Bushmaster...and, cuz he's a Navy man, there's the USS Bonefish in the background.

Seems fitting.

Shocked

Laughing

000_0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  129.67 KB
 Viewed:  9402 Time(s)

000_0005.jpg

Elvis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
Vince wrote:
Great story and an even better hunt Stovey...well done mate.

I must admit, I find dove hunting strange because they are everywhere out here but not hunted...in fact we feed them in out back yard.

My shooting buddy says he has tried dove and it was delicious...maybe it is something I need to do in the future.

Cheers, Vince

Mate, grab the pellet rifle, bag a couple and Google some Imperial Valley Dove Recipe's, there's a ton. If ya BBQ them just make sure they are soaked and wrapped and they come out suculent. Enjoy mate!
I have shot a pidgeon plucked it gutted it then dropped it on the hot BBQ while it was still warm Very Happy looked funny with the toes curling up as it cooked Very Happy soon as it stopped leaking red stuff it got scoffed in no time, good not as good as quail but good tucker.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

Stovey...yer a crazy man mate...would love to spend a weekend wiv ya just enjoyin' life...and havin' a beer of course.

Haha Haha Haha Haha

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

I happened to notice a small difference between Stovey's approach to hunting and Bushmaster's... or is it the difference between small game and big game hunting?

And Stovey, I've always admired those who clean theirselves the game they've harvested and when they also prepare diner... you come close to my standards for mariage Smile
Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

Look out Stove I've got a notion someone's got their eyes on you....well maybe he's got a daughter.

maybe
not
Suz

stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

Aloysius wrote:
And Stovey, I've always admired those who clean theirselves the game they've harvested and when they also prepare diner... you come close to my standards for mariage Smile

Hmmmm....I'll think about it.

And I don't do windows! Razz
Aloysius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Team TACO'S MAX Dove opener.... Reply with quote

2 daughters, but I'm afraid they have their own standards and they don't seem to be easier than mine. Or how could one explain they still didn't get married (alltough the oldest will meet the age of 30 real soon).

And I can understand that Suz reacts. What when the idea about family changes... living together with a few male friends could offer some big advantages and sure will cut the costs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Small Game Hunting
Page 2 of 4