Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Coytes 3 TCKnight 0
By Popular Demand: Discussions related to Varmint Hunting
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chambered221

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

wtf Where did my post go....I didn't use that.....Must be a default smiley for censorship !!! Mad

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
wiersy111

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

chambered221 wrote:
:wtf: Got two of ya now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parental Advisory

Don't worry another grammar Natzi will drive themselves nuts around here real quick........

Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
chambered221

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Prolly why we aint heard from the udder in fer a spell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
wiersy111

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

My guess is he's in grammar therapy.

US ARMY RETIRED

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Ya dun gooderer ther TC....much mor betterer Engrish mate.

Cheers

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Get half the page full and my 'puter does the same thing... it'll drive ya freakin batty. Mad

And... keep after 'em TC!!! Sniper
Dawgdad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

tcknight wrote:

I stayed on my first set for 45 minutes calling nothing but some very unhappy birds.

If you get blue jays or woodpeckers yammering at you you should get you head on a swivel because it usually means a yote is in the area. I can tell when I have been busted when the jays start up down wind from me.

chambered221

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

wtf We's still be's a wonderin if ya shot the feathers out of one of them their yotes yet Mr.TC ???

I's really like a report on that their new rifle......soon !!!

~George Washington
tcknight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Great tidbit of info there Dawg. I probably would have figured that out eventually...in about 20 years. Confused I'll take note the next time the woodys start flicking around. They went wild on that set. Thing is, around here you're pretty much calling in the timber so these coyotes are HARD to see sometimes.
tcknight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

chambered221 wrote:
:wtf: We's still be's a wonderin if ya shot the feathers out of one of them their yotes yet Mr.TC ???

I's really like a report on that their new rifle......soon !!!

Took a little time off to chase the deer around (and eat some turkey bird). I'll get back after em this weekend. Review of the rifle coming up!
tcknight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Shot a coyote yesterday but couldn't find em. Got set up on the same set I wrote about here a few weeks ago. I knew there was at least one educated coyote around there so I came in as quiet as I could and set up just a little higher on the ridge so that I could see more. Boy, the leaves have really disappeared in a few short weeks. I could see much farther than before. Anyway, called with the Foxpro jackrabbit for a couple of rounds with nothing stirring. So, in my rather limited experience, I know an educated coyote may come in just so far then sit and watch. Thinking this may be the case, I kept the call silent for about five minutes then came back up with a femal coyote challenge howl. Five seconds later I see a coyote trotting from out front toward my right about 100 yards out. Real thick stuff in the form of briar patches, cedars, and small hardwoods so I could only catch occasional glimpses of him on the move. I turned my self more toward that direction and waited with the call muted. After about what seems like an hour, but probably about 15 seconds, he trots out into the same log road I missed the coyote on the previous trip. This one stopped with most of it's body behind some brush about 40 yards out but looking right at the decoy I had down below. I squeezed a shot through the trash and hair flew everywhere. I sat for a minute then got up to retrieve the call and decoy and went to see the coyote. I found large tufts of hair and meat but the coyote was gone. I looked for two hours making larger and larger circles but never found him. All I can imagine is that the bullet hit some of the trash and started opening up before it hit him. Don't really know though. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by tcknight on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
tcknight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

After yesterday's lost coyote I decided to turn my attention to bobcats. Today was the last day of deer season here in Arkansas. I have been waiting until that was over to start cat hunting. Well, last night I made very elaborate plans which included getting up at 4:00 am, traveling to places I knew deer hunting was not taking place but still had good bobcat habitat, and hunting all day.

Well, when I woke up at 9:00 AM, I started changing my plans. They now included, drink a pot or two of coffee, watch all the Sunday news talk shows, play with the dogs, and maybe, just maybe hunting two sets for a couple of hours, within 1/4 mile from the house, and in mid day or later, when I decided I was tired of watching the tube. Toothless

So, I did finally get out the door and walked all the way around the old 200 acre timber thinning behind my house. I got about even with one of the neighbor's homes and his dogs could hear me and started barking. I eased about 200 yards away where I was thinking of calling. I sat there a while wondering if all the dog barking had just ended my hunt. But, since I had walked all this way, I decided that I would go ahead and set up. I figured any bobcat residing around here would be accustomed to the dogs barking at them so didn't think it would affect them. I set my decoy out in a small oak flat and placed my call about 5 yards away in the low branches of a cedar. About 30 yards back is an old deer stand about 12 feet tall and although it is rotting and not well attached to the tree, I CAREFULLY climbed it and got comfortable. All this took about 10 to 15 minutes. I got comfortable, relaxed a minute and started up the call on half volume and playing a cottontail in distress call.

No more than 1 minute passed before I saw a shadow of movement directly across the oak flat from me and on the opposite side of the decoy. I looked through the scope but could see nothing. I lowered the gun and watched. Then, there, I saw a cat jump a log and disappear behind a tree. I raised my gun again, and again, saw nothing. I lowered the gun a little to look over the scope and watched. Slowly a whitish patch materialized at the base of the tree. I raised the scope again and right there was one half of a bobcat’s face peering around the tree to watch my decoy. Since there was no more cover between him and the decoy, I knew he would probably not come out any further and may simply disappear. The cat was 40 yards away, should have been an easy shot but all I had to shoot was his right eye and nose. So, I controlled my breathing and tried to get control of my weapon while sitting on this precarious perch. Finally, I lined up on his nose, and was able to squeeze off the round. The cat fell. I waited a few minutes and muted the call. I was preparing for the rather uncomfortable descent from the old stand when I saw the cat sit up facing away from me but hunched over. All I could see was the back of his head so I tried to offhand another shot there and the cat disappeared. When I reached the ground I recovered my call and decoy and went to find the cat. It was laying where I last saw it, one hole 1/8 inch to the right of its nose which took out its teeth and right jaw. I could see no other damage. When I cleaned it, I found another neat .17 caliber hole dead center between its ears in the back of the head.

So today was a better day.
Very Happy

Last edited by tcknight on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
tcknight

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

It was a yearling female, and rather small. She was not getting much to eat apparently. I had no way to weigh her but I would guess she weighed 12-14 pounds.

There's the Model Seven Chambered. The little .17 Fireball is working out real well. Smile

Last edited by tcknight on Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
wiersy111

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Nice shootin.

US ARMY RETIRED

gelandangan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Coytes 3 TCKnight 0 Reply with quote

Nice pelt!

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Varmint Hunting
Page 2 of 5