For the Encore, my 300 Win. Mag. barrel is the most accurate one I have.
Ah. What Encore or Contender cartridges have I hunted with?
1. 222 Remington rifle; easily less than 1 MOA; more like 0.6 to 0.7 MOA. I took a deer with mine.
2. 22-250 Remington rifle also easily less than 1 MOA. I've taken 2 deer with it one being a 1 shot bang flop through the lungs at 360 yards.
3. 270 Winchester rifle. Easily 1 MOA. I took 1 deer with it.
4. 7mm/08 handgun shoots 1 to 1.5 MOA. I took a rabbit with it and it worked well.
5. 7mm Rem. Mag. easily less than 1 MOA. A hapless groundhog or two has fallen to it.
6. 308 Winchester rifle I took 4 deer with. It did about 1 MOA. All deer were bang flops which I think is more thanks to the load than anything else.
7. 30/06 rifle I've taken several deer and groundhogs with. It shoots 1 MOA with some loads and less than 1 MOA with others.
8. 357 Herret handgun that does about 1.5 MOA that I used to take a Black Wildebeest and several other antelope with.
9. 375 H&H Magnum rifle that did 1.5 MOA. It worked well on Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, etc. If you want a real hammer and don't mind a bit of recoil this is one to get. I sold my Encore 375 H&H Mag. rifle barrel but have a handgun barrel for it coming.
10. 460 S&W Mag. handgun that does less than 1 MOA. In fact, I've shot a 1.5 inch 200 yard 3 shot group with it and used it to take a bunch of animals such as Zebra, Red Hartebeest and even picked a Klipspringer off the top of a mountain about 180 yards distant.