Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Silver Bullets
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rdncktink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

I found this on the website for one of the authors I read and just had to share. For some reason I don't know why I didn't think of trying this with all the paranormal novels that I read.

Just wanted to know if anyone thinks that this is possible or it should be left in the section with the werewolves they are suppose to kill.
Silver bullets

Last edited by rdncktink on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

Obviously they cast all kinds of metals so silver bullets could be done. Personally I think if you hit a werewolf with a .50 BMG the bullet wouldn't have to be silver...

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

Actually, silver is very easy to cast if you use the right method.

My Dad used to cast silver all the time before he passed away (Rest his Soul). His hobby was lapidairy and he would cast silver and gold pieces all the time. He used the lost wax method and it was very precise and easy. He didn't use a centrifuge...one of his mates worked out a way of using a strong vacuum cleaner to suck the molten metal into the mould.
Have a look at this link:

Making Cast Metal Jewelry...or Bullets if So Inclined Very Happy Laughing

Check out your local area for a Lapidairy Club. They will most likely have all the gear there to do the casting. All you will probably need to come up with is the wax model and $ for the cost .

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Morax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

daughter used to date a jewlry makers son, i asked him about it, and he told me to give him the final dimentions for the slug i wanted and he would do it up for me for cost of the silver!! but then she broke up with him so i was out...
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

Trying my darnedest to remember...Lead melts at 450*. Tin melts at 600* and silver melts at 1200*...Is that correct?

What??!!?? The werewolf population is on the rise again? I know that the last time there was a large influx of werewolves The Lone Ranger took care of them... Very Happy

I noticed that on the other websites, that I frequent, a sudden interest in "silver bullets" too...What's going on? Should I invest in some silver bullets to ward off any werewolves I encounter? Very Happy

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

I always figured the best "silver" bullets would be like the cheap (normally comming from Communist countries) "copper washed" ammunition, a steel jacket with a lead core but a plated silver outer surface. Would be much cheaper then a 100% silver bullet and will still work. Laughing

Dimitri

gelandangan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

I reckon if silver bullets are useful for werewolves, you may try to give them silver paper cuts. Very Happy
Traditional photographs are silver halides picture, and they have quite high silver contents.

In fact,
You could buy silver in Photo developing shops that have their own silver recovery machine.
The silver is not pure but they are on the cheap side usually. Besides, melting them will usually vaporise the impurities.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Morax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
I always figured the best "silver" bullets would be like the cheap (normally comming from Communist countries) "copper washed" ammunition, a steel jacket with a lead core but a plated silver outer surface. Would be much cheaper then a 100% silver bullet and will still work. Laughing

Dimitri

yes but in a pinch do you really wanna find out if the silver plating is "good enough"?

naw bushy i think you and i and a few others on here are safe, we are too old and grizzled for making a good meal out of..
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

Morax wrote:
yes but in a pinch do you really wanna find out if the silver plating is "good enough"?

Consider only the outer surface is touching the insides of the werewolf. So a plated bullet should work just fine. If your really worry about it use a silver jacket and a lead core. Wink

Or better yet make FMJ style silver jackets, insert a small cone of wood, and fill the back with lead. Will make the bullet yawn (or how its commonly referred to "tumble") inside the werewolf exposing more of the insides to the silver jacket then a solid silver bullet would as well. Very Happy

Dimitri

glockman55

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

Would the silver bullet have to remain in the warewolf's body to do the job? Shocked

rdncktink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

glockman55 wrote:
Would the silver bullet have to remain in the warewolf's body to do the job? Shocked
Depends on who you believe. Some say it just needs to touch to kill, other it needs to get into the blood stream while some say it needs to just shot through them.

BTW I was thinking of making silver bullet earrrings or keychains if I could figure this out.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

rdncktink wrote:
BTW I was thinking of making silver bullet earrrings or keychains if I could figure this out.

As I said young Tania....Dave's little girl.....visit your local Lapidairy Club. They will most likely be able to help you.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
tracker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

As I sit here typing, glancing up occassionally to admire the werewolf head I have mounted over the door, I wish to add....large caliber, pure silver is definitely the way to go with werewolves. The upside? No season or license restrictions, take as many as you want fine gentlemen and ladies.

Morax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

rdncktink wrote:
glockman55 wrote:
Depends on who you believe. Some say it just needs to touch to kill, other it needs to get into the blood stream while some say it needs to just shot through them.

lycanthopes can touch silver fine, it needs to get into the body, and as far as having one mounted cant happen, as when the siler reacts in the body the revert back to human form. they are also a form of undead, so the silver must stay inside...
1895ss

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Silver Bullets Reply with quote

Morax, I guess one could make it a hollow point easy enough and it might stay in the body.

This certainly is a different topic ............. Confused Surprised Wink Neutral

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2