· Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Pig camera
Pictures of wildlife
Go to page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan1dad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

sorry for the massive delay. with what I just found out medically, and seeing doctors, dealing with it, as well as other daily life trauma, Ive been slacked on getting online here. Since I went down to my dads the week I found out about my problem, I didn't do much pig searching. I did however find an old rusted up Marlin 20a pump 22 out in the garage, and have been cleaning it up and trying to get parts all together to rebuild it. which isnt easy as there are not that many parts available for it anymore.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

AWESOME...a project mate...gotta be happy with that.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
dan1dad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

Its Archery season , so I didn't even have to buy any cameras to look for pigs. My dads neighbors and some of his friends hunt his ground and use it to pass into the national forest. They planted 6 cameras all around the place and no one saw a pig. Lots of deer, a couple bob cats and 1 Bigfoot with a cigar and a beer can. I am going to try to get that photo. Yes, one of the neighbors has a Bigfoot costume and loves to run the woods at night when he finds out where peoples cameras are.. its good for a laugh.
the bad part is, my Honda launched a connecting rod while down at my dads and I had to use his truck to get home. Which is OK cause my neighbor is a Honda mechanic and has a spare engine for me already, and since my dad cant drive, he truck needs to be driven a little. Still sucks! but hey, thats life..
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

well Dan have you any joy yet on the wild pork front?? hope the car got fixed ok and the taking dads car back is a good excuse for another hunt.

inthedark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
Tikkat3 our electric fences will make your eyes water they have one heck of a boot if built right.I used to be able to hang on to the fences on a dairy farm but no way with the good ones we built in the back blocks those puppies sure had a boot.

Shocked When I was a kid, our family was visiting some friends on their farm and it had just rained and us kids were out in the pasture chasing calfs and goofing off as kids will. One of the kids said to watch out for the electric fence and being as we had no electric fences on our ranch I asked him to show us. The wire buzzed and I was overcome with the desire to pee on the electric fence. OK GET UP ELVIS AND LISTEN! I tell you what! I will NEVER piss on a fence again and never have. Shocked
I told this story as an analogy during a meeting at work a few years ago and the meeting ended. No one, especially my female boss could even look at me. The pain. Ohhh, the pain. Embarassed

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

there is always some muppet who will try it Sad I feel the pain my good man I feel the pain Embarassed
we had things we told townie mates about going ons on the farm that had them bug eyed and wondering.
like hill country sheep ALWAYS walk around the hill the same way you have right and left walking sheep and when they come down onto the flat land they have a lean. Very Happy
now I wont mention any of the other things /windies we spun or the Aussies will get all defensive and hide thier gumboots and drizabone coats Very Happy Very Happy

lesterg3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

Wow peeing on an electric fence, brings back memories.

Now please understand that I love my kid brother, and in some ways he can be smart as a whip, he retired from the Army a Bird Colonel.

But, one day after we had finished setting up a new electric fence for Mom and Dad, I told him we had to test it, long story short. He said he was going to take a leak and I said WAIT we need to test the fence. Now dear brother if you would only pee on the bottom wire we should be able to see the charge arc to the ground. So without much more convincing he does. When the first jolt hit him there was a little flinch, now the bad news when the second jolt (at least I guess this is what happened) he fell forward onto the fence and got his dumb ass hooked up in the wire. Screaming and flopping around. I too was flopping around laughing so hard I was no help. We didn't talk for a while thank God I've always been faster than him.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -- Thomas Jefferson

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."--James Madison

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson.

NRA Life Member
Vietnam War Vet 68-69
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha Haha I can just picture your brother on the electric fence Lester.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
MacD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

Neighbor had professional landscaping done on the front of her house. Lots of nice evergreen bushes. Well this mutt of unknown ownership would roam over during the day and piss on her bushes which started to turn brown. I knew what was happening because I saw the dog several times. She tried dog repellent but wouldn't call in the dog catcher as she didn't want the mangy beast put down. I solved her problem with a car battery and some bare copper wire strung through the bushes. Bet the dog's owner wondered why Fido was licking his nuts so much for the next few days.

Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Pig camera Reply with quote

good one MacD .A portable unit hooked to the car works a treat too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Photography / TrailCameras
Page 2 of 2