Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbsweeney

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

National Geographic has a show on tonight at 9pm called Snipers,Inc. and it features Ronnie Barrett it should be interesting!

stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

Fak! I dont get that channel. Argh....
slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

Me either ..... rats!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

Me either!! You'll have to send us the video..

Suz

cbsweeney

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

I watched the show last night, and it was pretty interesting. Barrett invented his semi-auto 50 cal. in '83. The army started buying them in '87, and have been ever since. They showed the various changes that were made to it, as well as the new stuff he's working on. It sure beat watching "Dancing with the stars" Very Happy

stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

Laughing

I have a Roku player (instead of TV)... it plays movies and TV shows w/o commercials through Nextflix etc....I found a lot of Ntl Geographic stuff on there...maybe it'll roll around on there sometime. Fingers crossed.
WildHorse

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

Watched the show yesterday. Very informative and I particularly liked the new stuff they were working on.. I heard a story a while back that Ronnie refused to do repairs or any service on the rifles purchased by the L. A. Police Dept.
According to the story when the State of California outlawed the 50 cal rifle for civilian ownership--Ronnie told them he would no longer deal with the State or any City entity.

I liked what I saw--a nice family owned operation who put a lot of pride into their product.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

Yepper. Saw the LAPD bash the 50 on TV pounding their chest declaring it a "dangerous weapon/assualt rifle" et al, and, holding up- of all things, a Barrett.

Then they had the balls to send theirs to him for service.

He told them to pound sand, it'd be breaking the law for him to send it back, and- come and get it if ya want! Stupid libertard LA cops. Go Ronnie! !!!

Buwahahahaha!

Chief William J. Bratton
Los Angeles Police Department
150 North Los Angeles Street

Re: LAPD 82A Rifle, Serial No. 11**

Dear Chief Bratton,

I, a U.S. citizen, own Barrett Firearms Mfg. Inc., and for 20 years I have built .50 caliber rifles for my fellow citizens, for their Law Enforcement departments and for their nation's armed forces.

You may be aware of the latest negative misinformation campaign from a Washington based anti-gun group, the Violence Policy Center. The VPC has, for three or so years, been unsuccessful in Washington, D.C. trying to demonize and ban a new subclass of firearms, the .50 caliber and other "too powerful" rifles. This type of nibbling process has been historically successful in civilian disarmament of other nations governed by totalitarian and other regimes less tolerant of individual rights than the United States .

The VPC's most recent efforts directs this misinformation campaign at your state, attempting to get any California body to pass any law against .50 caliber firearms. In March 2002 the VPC caused the California State Assembly, Public Safety Committee to consider and reject the issue by a 5 to 0 with 1 abstaining vote.

Regrettably, the same material has been presented to your city council. I personally attended the council meeting in Los Angeles regarding attempts to bar ownership of the .50 caliber rifle in your city. I was allowed to briefly address the council. The tone of the discussion was mostly emotionally based, so the facts that I attempted to provide were ineffective to the extent they were heard at all. The council voted to have the city attorney draft an ordinance to ban the .50, and further, to instruct the city's representatives in Sacramento and in Washington D.C. to push for bans at their respective levels.

At that council meeting, I was very surprised to see an LAPD officer seated front and center with a Barrett 82A1 .50 cal rifle. It was the centerpiece of the discussion. As you know, there have been no crimes committed with these rifles, and most importantly, current California law does not allow the sale of the M82AI in the state because of its detachable magazine and features that make it an "assault weapon." This rifle was being deceptively used by your department. The officer portrayed it as a sample of a currently available .50 cal rifle, available for sale to the civilians of Los Angeles. One councilman even questioned how this rifle was available under current laws, but as I stated, facts were ineffective that day.

Your officer, speaking for the LAPD, endorsed the banning of this rifle and its ammunition. Then he used the rifle for photo ops with the Councilmen each of whom, in handling the firearm, may have been committing a felony. I was amazed.

Since 1968, with the closing of the U.S. Springfield Amory, all of the small arms produced for the various government agencies are from the private sector. Every handgun, rifle or shotgun that law enforcement needs comes from this firearms industry. Unless the City of Los Angeles has plans of setting up its own firearms manufacturing, it may need to guard the manufacturing sources it has now.

When I returned to my office from Los Angeles, I found an example of our need for mutual cooperation. Your department had sent one of your 82A1 rifles in to us for service. All of my knowledge in the use of my rifle in the field of law enforcement had been turned upside down by witnessing how your department used yours. Not to protect and serve, but for deception, photo opportunities, and to further an ill-conceived effort that may result in the use of LA taxpayer monies to wage losing political battles in Washington against civil liberties regarding gun ownership.

Please excuse my slow response on the repair service of the rifle. I am battling to what service I am repairing the rifle for. I will not sell, nor service, my rifles to those seeking to infringe upon the Constitution and the crystal clear rights it affords individuals to own firearms.

I implore you to investigate the facts of the .50, to consider the liberties of the law-abiding people and our mutual coexistence, and to change your department's position on this issue.

Sincerely,
BARRETT FIREARMS MANUFACTURING, INC.

More insantiy:

ag.ca.gov/firearms/50bmgfaqs.php#1
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

If this State spent as much time and energy prosectuing and keeping crooks behind bars and not letting them out to do it all over again, or, making criminals of lawful firearms owners.....

But such is a state with a Liberal Justice System.
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

You guys in CA are getting just a slight whiff or taste of what we have to put up with here in Australia.

Be thankful that you still have your Constitution in place...although I believe even that is in jeopardy from what I believe the powers of FEMA to be...beware of the New World Order (NWO).

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

I heart ya Vinny. They are trying, trying hard. I think there's still enough of "us" left to make the slight, ever so slim difference.

A lot of them empty suits here also realise they would not survive in a state of Anarchy or Libertariansm. Our advantage? The Govt. KNOWS they are outgunned by about 25:1 and all their goodies and implements of war come from the private sector sooooo..... they flap, we laugh. Bring it.

Frankly I'd love to see a revolt on the current regime if they try and "push". Nothing is more priceless than the look on some fat bastard's face when he's caught in the headlamps with his pants down when the Piper arrives.
radar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

Bloody interesting.

Here in NZ you can own any bolt action .50 Cal and I have mates with .50 and .338 Lapua who are shooting 7 inch metal disks at 1000 yards 10/10 times. Those guys would be more dangerous than any meat-axe with assault rifle! The stupidity of law. Each weapon costs about 10 and 25K so you have to be an enthusiast to even contemplate buying one. I'm going to ask my wife very politely if i can make a custom long range rifle in .308 - It will cost me of that I am sure

George Orwell
cbsweeney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: Ronnie Barrett on National Geographic Reply with quote

New York State has some crazy gun laws, similar to California, and NY City is bizzaro world when it comes to firearms. While the assualt weapon ban expired for the rest of the country, we still have it in N Y State. My AR-15 can't have a magazine that holds more than 10 rnds., My collapsable stock had to be pinned, and muzzle brake pinned and welded. All of these bans make my AR sooo much safer wtf But, we are allowed to own a .50 cal. rifle! In NYC, ALL firearms have to be regestered with the police. Since I live on Long Island, in the 'Burbs I don't have to regester rifles, or shotguns. If any of this makes sense, I don't see it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1