HuntingNut
HuntingNut
   Login or Register
HomeCommunity ForumsPhoto AlbumsRegister
     
 

User Info

Welcome Anonymous


Membership:
Latest: MollyTaylor
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 2
Overall: 12768

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 96
BOT: 2
Total: 98
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Forums
02: Forums
03: Home
04: Home
05: Home
06: Forums
07: Forums
08: Forums
09: Home
10: Your Account
11: Forums
12: Home
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Forums
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Home
19: Forums
20: Home
21: Home
22: Home
23: Forums
24: Forums
25: Home
26: Forums
27: Home
28: Photo Albums
29: Forums
30: Forums
31: Forums
32: Forums
33: Home
34: Forums
35: Forums
36: Forums
37: Forums
38: Forums
39: Forums
40: Forums
41: Forums
42: Forums
43: Forums
44: Forums
45: Your Account
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Home
49: Forums
50: Home
51: Home
52: Photo Albums
53: Home
54: Forums
55: Forums
56: Home
57: Forums
58: Home
59: Home
60: Forums
61: Photo Albums
62: Home
63: Home
64: Your Account
65: Home
66: Forums
67: Forums
68: Forums
69: Forums
70: Forums
71: Home
72: Forums
73: Home
74: Forums
75: Home
76: Forums
77: Forums
78: Home
79: Forums
80: Forums
81: Home
82: Home
83: Forums
84: Forums
85: Home
86: Forums
87: Forums
88: Forums
89: Forums
90: Your Account
91: Forums
92: Home
93: Forums
94: Forums
95: Forums
96: Forums
  BOT:
01: Home
02: Forums

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
 

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 306
 Pictures: 2389
  · Views: 599676
  · Votes: 1312
  · Comments: 86
 

Support our Advertisers

A different kinda therapy...
Discussion regarding the reloading of ammunition and tuning of loads for accuracy
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bushmaster
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Posts: 10799
Location: Ava, Missouri

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

I got that...And the hair too.

_________________
I have one nerve left and yer standin' on it...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Back to top
View user's profile
Ominivision1
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Sep 20, 2010
Posts: 2984
Location: Iowa

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
Oh, I dunnow, cold beer and a nice head of hair (again)?

Bushmaster wrote:
got that...And the hair too.


Haha Haha Haha Haha

_________________
Regards

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Back to top
View user's profile Photo Gallery
inthedark
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 31, 2011
Posts: 839
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

Ahh Desiel, my friends don't know how to reload and for some reason they just like to have me do it. I keep telling them that its easy, relaxing and a fun way to get away from it all but they are afraid of making mistakes. They also pay me but I BS them into what the cost of components are and they were none the wiser. Except for my supervisor who insists on paying me in gunpowder at a discount so that I can load some for myself. Damn I hate it when they learn how to add. LMAO

_________________
Chimo
Ron

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
Back to top
View user's profile Photo Gallery
Ominivision1
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Sep 20, 2010
Posts: 2984
Location: Iowa

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

I use to reload for my buddies up until 7 years ago until after reading this.

For storage, according to National Fire Protection Association (http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/index.cfm) (NFPA) 495, Explosive Materials Code:
11-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb. shall be permitted to be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb., but not exceeding 50 lb., shall be permitted to be stored in residences where kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls of at least 1 in. (25.4 mm) nominal thickness.
www.saami.org/specific...Powder.pdf
11-5.4 No more than 10,000 small arms primers may be stored in residences.
www.saami.org/specific...rimers.pdf

Again Canada may be different, but if I had a fire and if they found out I exceeded the max for powder and primers (paper trails) here in Iowa, my house insurance would not cover the lost.

As far as reloading for a friend, I do not anymore, I will show them how to reload no problem at all and they are welcomed to use my reloading equipment anytime. Here in the states you cannot sell manufactured ammo (includes reloads) by individuals without a license. Now as far as ammo for bartering, thats a vague area. Perhaps someone can enlighten us more.

Again Canada may be different.

_________________
Regards

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Back to top
View user's profile Photo Gallery
slimjim
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 16, 2009
Posts: 7963
Location: Fort Worth TX

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

Ominivision1 wrote:
Explosive Materials Code: 11-3.7
Smokeless propellants intended for personal exceeding 20 lb., but not exceeding 50 lb., shall be permitted to be stored in residences where kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls of at least 1 in. (25.4 mm) nominal thickness.


hmmmm?!?!?

I hope it doesn't say anything about the number of rounds, too!?!?

_________________
"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." - Theodore Roosevelt

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile
Ominivision1
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Sep 20, 2010
Posts: 2984
Location: Iowa

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
I hope it doesn't say anything about the number of rounds, too!?!?

There is no federal law i am aware of for the homeowner as far as number of rounds he/she may have in their home. Now state law maybe different.

_________________
Regards

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Back to top
View user's profile Photo Gallery
Vince
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 25, 2005
Posts: 14257
Location: Brisbane AUSTRALIA

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

stovepipe wrote:
Vince wrote:
...what more could a man (or men) ask for.

Cheers, Vince

Oh, I dunnow, cold beer and a nice head of hair (again)?

The beer comes after the reloading (more male bonding)...and they tell me a product called Regaine can help with a a balding bonce. Laughing Laughing

Cheers, Vince

_________________
Cheers, Vince Cheers

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Back to top
View user's profile AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Bushmaster
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Posts: 10799
Location: Ava, Missouri

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

Yup...It works. Look at Vince's head of hair...

_________________
I have one nerve left and yer standin' on it...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Back to top
View user's profile
wiersy111
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 13, 2009
Posts: 2348
Location: Central Minnesota

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

slimjim wrote:
Ominivision1 wrote:
Explosive Materials Code: 11-3.7
Smokeless propellants intended for personal exceeding 20 lb., but not exceeding 50 lb., shall be permitted to be stored in residences where kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls of at least 1 in. (25.4 mm) nominal thickness.


hmmmm?!?!?

I hope it doesn't say anything about the number of rounds, too!?!?


If ya don't tell them they won't know!!!! You may want to tell the local fire dept not to respond if they get the call when your house is going up, just to look for it in the next county.

_________________
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America " for an amount of "up to and including my life."

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
Back to top
View user's profile Photo Gallery
stovepipe
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Sep 25, 2008
Posts: 4877
Location: Pine, Az.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

Yepper- my place ever goes up the BOOM will put the flames out ala Chance Buckman. Make it easier to rebuild too- clean slate (slab)!
Back to top
View user's profile
inthedark
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 31, 2011
Posts: 839
Location: Ontario

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: A different kinda therapy... Reply with quote

Ominivision1 wrote:
I use to reload for my buddies up until 7 years ago until after reading this.

For storage, according to National Fire Protection Association (http://www.saami.org/specifications_and_information/publications/index.cfm) (NFPA) 495, Explosive Materials Code:
11-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb. shall be permitted to be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb., but not exceeding 50 lb., shall be permitted to be stored in residences where kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls of at least 1 in. (25.4 mm) nominal thickness.
www.saami.org/specific...Powder.pdf
11-5.4 No more than 10,000 small arms primers may be stored in residences.
www.saami.org/specific...rimers.pdf

Again Canada may be different, but if I had a fire and if they found out I exceeded the max for powder and primers (paper trails) here in Iowa, my house insurance would not cover the lost.

As far as reloading for a friend, I do not anymore, I will show them how to reload no problem at all and they are welcomed to use my reloading equipment anytime. Here in the states you cannot sell manufactured ammo (includes reloads) by individuals without a license. Now as far as ammo for bartering, thats a vague area. Perhaps someone can enlighten us more.

Again Canada may be different.


In Canada we use the National Fire Code of Canada for structures after they are built. For structures that are under construction the National Building Code of Canada is the proper book to use and it will reference bothe the NFCC and NFPA. The NFPA is used in Canada also because both governments have harmonized the codes and NFPA is also funded by the federal government here.
Back to top
View user's profile Photo Gallery
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Reloading Ammunition
Page 2 of 2
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2



Jump to:  


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Advertisements
 


Valid CSS! Valid HTML 4.01!
Click to check if this page is realy HTML 4.01 compliant for speed :)

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of HuntingNut.com.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2011 by HuntingNut.com
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy

.: Upgraded to DragonFly 9.2 by Dizfunkshunal :.