Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824167
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

woohooooo I'm goin hunting
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Omni,

I was trying to be funny. I mean I am not married either yet, so no wife to complain, although the girlfriend would like to change that situation. Laughing

Dimitri

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
Omni,
I was trying to be funny. I mean I am not married either yet, so no wife to complain, although the girlfriend would like to change that situation. Laughing
Dimitri

Got yah Big D, now remember when you get married its SWMBO, from there on... Very Happy Very Happy

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

I was going to post something about SWMBO enjoying a limp Embarassed for 2 weeks but thought I better not Very Happy

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Elvis wrote:
I was going to post something about SWMBO enjoying a limp Embarassed for 2 weeks but thought I better not Very Happy

Good idea Elvis. Smile

inthedark

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
Omni,

Dimitri
So, the current girlfriend is not likely to become your wife and you are not looking towards becoming married anytime too soon. The woman that you marry is not too likely to have the same interests as you from your prospective. Your current girlfriend would want to be married to you but not you to her. Your girlfriend would complain if she were married to you but can't until that wedding ring gives her the right to do as she pleases.
Ok, we all got it. And PS you were funny!
Suzanne

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Pickin on poor ole Dimi....you guys should be ashamed. Thank you all for educating me in the ways of the white man...Ha!! You should all be old enough to know that the act of marriage is not what makes you ONE. What makes you ONE is friendship, and if you don't have a deep love of each other there will be no one-ness.

Now me.....I'm a whole nuther story. I would never marry someone that is my best friend. It would ruin the relationship. I've never been married and I have wonderful friendships that will last me a lifetime. If I was married I'd have too much conflict in my life to have a happy life. I'm selfish that way. I can't stand a fight with my best friend, so I don't remotely make it possible to have a fight. It's an unrealistic thought for me to think that I could get along with someone very long in a marriage.

Sad but true, but I can live my life without that much closeness. My off and on adult relationships are wonderfully fulfilling and I'd never want to give up my (lurid) lifestyle. Why ruin a good thing. Dimi may want to marry this girl, that's up to him. Some people want to make a family for themselves. I ask myself why and can't come up with a good answer (for me).

Wonder how many of you guys really want the life you live, but also I have to tell you, I wonder that because I never had a very wonderful family life, so it's hard for me to imagine the "Mayberry" family, all happy and nice to each other. It's sickeningly sweet to me and hard to imagine. Oh well...I'm so happy for people that can make a marriage work, it seems impossible to me, but the happiness they have is so wonderful. I don't take a conflict with ease, it always ends up biting me and festering into a huge blood clot that runs down my face and I have to wipe it off with a blistering note on the NUT forum or a nasty letter to the editor or some other means. I'm getting pretty pissed off right now as a matter of fact and I want you to know it's all your fault. Why the heck are you making me write this stuff all night and day? What the heck is your problem anyway. Why do I have to always defend people and myself, when in fact I'm so freekin perfect anyway? HUH??? OOOoooooo sorry....got carried away again.

Uhhh....like I was saying marriage isn't for everyone......only conscious people seem to do it right...that puts some of us out of the ballpark.

Suz

inthedark

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Suzy you need a hug girl! And there is no use in fighting it. So here it is a hug for you. And a peck on the cheek too.

War is sweet to those who have no experience of it, but the experienced man trembles exceedingly at heart on its approach - Pindar 518-438 BC

Be Copy now of Men of Grosser Blood and TEACH THEM HOW TO WAR
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Well done Ron...I'll send a couple as well Suz.

Hug LadysMan Hug LadysMan Roses

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:
Now me.....I'm a whole nuther story. Suz

Ya think?? Laughing

And.....I'll drink to that. Razz
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

inthedark wrote:
So, the current girlfriend is not likely to become your wife and you are not looking towards becoming married anytime too soon. The woman that you marry is not too likely to have the same interests as you from your prospective.

She might not have any of the same interests, but believe it or not we have been together for a year, I've been living at her place for the last 3+ months (hence my posting decline when combined with school). And ZERO arguments so far.

I got to count that as a win.

Dimitri

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

D:

My wife had no interest at all for anything regarding fishing and hunting as well as just going to the range for shooting. The first couple of years after we were married she began to take interest and after showing and working with her she took it above and beyond. After 31 years she is my best friend and wife, you be might be surprised at learning what the other half likes.

Oh, and after 4 boys, all grown up, they still travel to Mom and Pop for hunting season. Good luck Dimitri.

radar

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Interesting.
My wife hates hunting and won't even consider it....but she loves wild game meat.

She hates fishing too but loves fresh fish on the table.

She loves me for a heap of other reasons. My Hunting/Fishing is my time. And as long as I make time for everyone, her and the kids (both adults who have now left home thank god) everyones happy.

Marriage ain't for everyone, I got hitched at 21, kids very soon after but not THAT soon. We have ups and downs but all in all its been a good life so far.

Each to their own I say.

George Orwell
stovepipe

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

My sis was the same way Radar...hated hunting, bang-bang, all that. Freaked out if she saw a catch- dang near faint. But when me and pop put the birds, fish or ab's on the table she'd gobble 'em up faster than we could get back with the napkins! Laughing
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Radar...I think I musta married your wife's sister mate.

My wife hates firearms, shooting of any kind, hunting, fishing and camping (anything less than 4* is camping).

But, she loves most game meats and would kill for fish, so that's OK...I'm happy to provide. We have been married for 36 years this coming August and like Radar, she is my mate, best friend and wife...when she ain't beatin' me around the head. Laughing

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
inthedark

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: woohooooo I'm goin hunting Reply with quote

Hey Dimitri
I'm just yenning your yang.
As long as you are in a mutually respectful relationship that’s all that matters.
I am on my third marriage and I am the one at fault for the failure of the first marriage going down. No one should get married within a year at least after coming in from the SH*T. Knee jerk, grabbing for something stable, blind ass jumping into the fire is not the way to go. She was in the US Army Provost Corps and she understood me. The second marriage had one too many people in it. Kids should stay out of their parent(s) marriage. The third time, which I pray to God, is the charm. She hunts, fishes, camps and is a confident woman 22 years my junior who is head over heels for me. She wants to start a family and I am all over that finally.
Ahhhh, life is good. My philosophy on life is this. Accept that there is one true God and that you are not the one in charge. Live up to the Ten Commandments to your best ability. Love everyone and do not let the opportunity to do something for someone else pass you by. Protect those who cannot protect themselves. And there is never any shame in admitting when you are wrong and asking for forgiveness. There is only shame when you don't and you cannot run far enough or fast enough to get away from it. And on that note I will end this message with my belief that the people that I talk to on this forum are all good people and I count myself blessed to be able to share their company.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 2 of 3