Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Call Give away??? DRAWING COMPLETE!!!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

YEAH! You did! Some good Stuff I happen to like is The Singleton(hint hint, to Vince!) And A good label made here in Iowa Called Templeton Rye.

OUTSTANDING WORK on those calls! My dad sometimes makes "squeakers" out of a rubber band and two pieces of wood. But your work is far above what we have done. Just out of curiosity: how well might one work on a bobcat? We are getting alot them here in Iowa as our turkey populations are going through the roof!

There is a limit on them(bobcat) and you have to report as soon as you take one and also you need a furbearer permit as well as a regular hunting permit.

Dad and i have talked about trying to call one in sometime up the "hills" here in Western Iowa.

Again very NICE WORK!

coyotehunter_1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Ladies and gents, I would like to welcome a very good friend, fellow coyote hunter and custom predator call maker… Brad Gainey aka (TN)Yotehntr. Brad's one of the good guys. I invited Brad to join us here at Hunting Nut, I see you all have made him feel at home. Very Happy

I know whoever wins Brad's call will be quite happy. Not only are his calls a work of art but they sound great too.

chambered221

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
Whiskey? Did I hear someone say "whiskey"??

Yup......I'm a sitting here with some Black Label Beam over some cold rocks right now Bushy !!!

Welcome to Hunting Nut Brad !!!

I'd love to have a piece of your art but I got to be truthful..........it would probably hang on the wall next to the only yote I've ever shot. He made the mistake of stopping in front of me in deer season a few years back. Took him to the fur trader and got him a tanning !!!

I do hope tcknight gets back from hunting and logs in on time to get in on this......I know he will put it to good use.

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Dawgdad

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Maker's Mark in my glass tonight..

Yotehntr

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

You're to kind Chet! Thanks for the welcome bud!... didn't think I'd make so many waves though did you? LOL

They'll work on any predator. I've called in a few bobcats myself with them. I guess anything that'll eat a rabbit will answer... If you're calling bobcats I'd hold off on the pup bark/howl and ki-yi's though. Wink

Enjoying the growing list ya'll!!! Don't hesitate to jump in! ... I didn't say you had to be a pro or anything, just that you agree to use it! Smile

okiephil
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Those are some really nice looking calls, Yotehntr. You do some excellent work, Nice website also, I couldnt get it to send the ringtones to my phone. Here in Oklahoma, yotes are one predator, i dont think we will ever have a shortage of, post us more pictures of your hunts and kills.

Yotehntr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Very Happy I'd love to!!! This was actually a pic I took for a very good friend... I bought this gun from him and it was to show that I was hunting with his old cherished rifle... It's a Cooper 17 rem... I hand load and it's just under 4000fps... right at 1/4 moa.. I mean this is just about as sweet as it can possibly get in my book.

A close up of the stock... she is sweet isn't she. Smile

Last edited by Yotehntr on Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
chambered221

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

wtf Makes the wood on my Cooper look like a 2x4 !!! Sad

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
cbsweeney

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Welcome (TN)Yotehntr!
I must say those are some beautilful calls your making. Everything I find around here are cheap plastic calls (not sure if they work, haven't gotten a coyote to come in on one yet) or the expensive electronic calls, which I just can't bring myself to spring for. I did just start hunting them this year, so I got a lot to learn, and the coyote's seem happy enough to teach me a lesson every time I get after them... Laughing
Enjoy the site, there are some really great people on here.

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Welcome to the HuntingNut Howdy
That sure is a pretty stock..

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
tlo7mm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

I am interested, I have been thinking of getting some calls, as I coyote hunt on some local ranches but have never used a call. The calls you make are really nice to.

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain
Dawgdad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

cbsweeney wrote:
Welcome (TN)Yotehntr!
Enjoy the site, there are some really great people on here.

CB every time I see your Avatar I hear Robert Duval as Lucky Ned Pepper saying..."Thats pretty big talk for a one eyed fat man.."

Dawgdad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Yotehntr wrote:
:P Well sounds like I'll get along pretty well here! Thanks for the welcome, and the compliments...

Aloysius wrote:

Can we somewhere hear your call in action?
I have a little tutorial on my homepage... for folks just learning to call you can down load it and burn it to a cd...that way you can practice in your car on the way to work... keeps you in good standing with the wife that way. Wink CLICK HERE just click on "tutorial" at the right. I do sell calls, I'm a bit behind on orders right now, there is also a prices link and many pics of my calls. I kind of hesitate to just put a sound file in... everyone seems to sound a bit different especially on the open reed styles. So what I'll say is this is me on one of my open reed calls and the style I call with. Click here to listen

Brad,

What is the trick to downloading the sounds off of E-snips? I signed up but keep getting an error message?

Yotehntr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

Dawgdad wrote:
Brad,

What is the trick to downloading the sounds off of E-snips? I signed up but keep getting an error message?

I thought I had them on "supload"... I've been moving them around a bit trying to find a good host for them... had an offer from another guy to host the links but they were in a format folks couldn't down load from too. I tell you what Dawgdad, if you'll pm me your e-mail addy I'd be happy to just e-mail the tutorial to you. (I'm at work right now so it'll be later this evening before I can send 'em)

Dawgdad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Call Give away??? Reply with quote

I found the problem was on a firewall setting that I had. Got it downloaded! Thanks again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 2 of 4