Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2452
  · Views: 824013
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

RAINdeerRAINdeer
Big Game Hunting topics that dont fit other categories
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Yep...I agree mate...absolutely disgusting. Definitely did get to see some "funny" sights though.

I would encounter at least 5 or 6 "ladies" between cars in the car park every night. I would just stand there with the big ultra bright torch on them... hoping to embarrass the hell out of them so that they would think twice about it next time.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Dad and Mom told about seeing men and women stop to pee in the gutters on the side of the street all the time when they were in France in the early '50s. Wow, this thread has strayed!

Suz, Bass Pro Shop has a Redhead Water Proofer that they say is "breathable". Spray on stuff. I've got some but haven't tested it in the rain yet.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
slimjim

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Pumpkinslinger wrote:
Dad and Mom told ... when they were in France in the early '50s.

Went to see my daughter in Clermont- Farrand France last year. They still have open urinals in the old town along the side walks.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Suzanne

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

<<<Have you noticed my 5 feet? Way Cool!

open urinals......................sounds like Mexico to me, bus stop to pick someone up? Nope someone had to go potty....hope they don't watch?....eeeewwww......

Thanks Pumpkin! I'm not tryin it till you tell me it works! I've tried a couple that didn't, so do your testing and let me know.

Oh yeah I went hunting the last 2 days, early morning fog breaks into full sunshine, so amazingly beautiful out there. No deer in sight. No hunters to speak of really, maybe they need someone to stir them up. This weekend might be the ticket.

tap tap tap tap thump
tap tap tap tap thump
BigFoot
Suz

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

I have used Scotchgard Suz, but it really is designed for use on things like fabric sofas etc...makes them easier to clean if the kids drop crud onto it when eating. Still, it did re-waterproof my umbrella.

I love early morning fog in the bush...so serene, and when the sun finally breaks through it bodes well for a magnificent day.

Cheers, Vince

slots918

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

high country draw at sunrise with a mix of oak, mapels and aspen changeing colors and a few evergreens standing tall for contrast a light fog/mist with a tinge of pink from the mapels and a six point bull elk materializing at 50 yards

no gun no camara but i still have the picture Very Happy
Suzanne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

OOOOooop I wasn't supposed to hunt there yesterday, that's why I didn't see any hunters. It's closed for Elk hunting for a week then it reopens afterward. There's no Elk in that area but they close it just in case as Elk tend to roam quite a bit. So now here I am up very early on a Saturday morning and no place to go. It's open on the coast but I don't want to drive that far, I'd have to leave the house at 5:00 or so and it's too late now. That's my excuse an I'm stickin to it.

I did a re-finance on my house and got a nice refund check yesterday. I ordered a Mosin Nagnat, it's a Soviet M91/59, one of those cut-down versions. That'll be my early Christmas present to myself. HHHhhmmmm what else could I buy....that should be the last rifle, I think I have 14 now. This one is real pretty, I'll post photos when I get it. I should also order some Privi ammo, for the brass, can't seem to find brass alone.

So here I am nothin to do really freekin early on a Saturday morning, Vince and Slots giving me a colorful hi-light of a morning, sippin coffee, Jon should be home today. Just for fun I think I'll sew his underware leg holes shut and maybe his coat arms, cause it's getting cooler out he might just need a jacket. I'll wait for company to come over to watch him try out the jacket.....yeah....got it all planned.....hhhmmmm socks too, short-sheet the sox. Idle hands ya know.....I put his hair in a Mennonite bun one time while he was passed out on the couch. When he woke up I told him I braided it, he said "cool", till he noticed. Didn't last long, but I was hoping he would go to the store or somewhere. Well he does stuff like putting insects in my food and I had a carpenter ant in my coffee one time, I know where that came from.

Snails and worms are his favorite to put in the bathroom. They like it moist he says. We're sort of like rude siblings i guess. He gets kicked out quite often. Sometimes he hopes to get kicked out. When we met for the first time I remember throwing a box of Kleenex at him and it hit him in the head. Don't know what he said to deserve that but later that night I threw my car keys at him and they also hit him in the head. He kept them from me and we fought on the floor for my keys.

That wasn't a date. Our first sort of date was in a local Tucson bar. I was there with a girl friend and he showed up with his brother. It wasn't planned, we just happened to show up at the same place. Great music too, some Texan group playin that "goin home to the armadillo" song. I started playin footsies with Jon and his brother under the table and I was getting x-rated about it. His brother was shocked, but amused, you could tell he liked me. Jon was sort of apologetic and embarrassed for his brother and wanted to get away from me, so I threw my car keys at him (again) and went home together. Yeah I'm a thrower, I threw a shovel at him, a knife, many rocks, lots of stuff. He doesn't hurt very easily so you have to arrange things to happen or just take it into your own hands. Obviously we don't hunt together, he's sort of permanently paranoid about it. Not that I would do anything rude, but I could. That's the thing....I could. Know me from a distance you'll be alright. Know me up close, you're gonna get hit with somethin. Oh now it's all in fun!!!

Got a Kleenex?
Suz

TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Shocked Keep the box of grenades away from Suz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

TRBLSHTR wrote:
8O Keep the box of grenades away from Suz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

...and the RPG and ammo...could get a tad untidy.

Cheers, Vince

Suzanne

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Jon's all moaning about his sunburn.....HHhhhmmmmm

Suz

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:
Jon's all moaning about his sunburn.....HHhhhmmmmm

Suz

Suz...you be nice now you hear. Sunburn is a cruel injury...I know, cause I burn terribly if I am not careful.

First up, run him a nice cool/cold bath, get him in it to cool down, then bring him a beer to take his mind off the burn. After the cooling bath, get some aloe vera (if you have a plant in your garden like me) cut off a leaf, split it open length ways and spread the goo inside all over his sunburn...will help heaps.

Cheers, Vince

Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Yer funny Vinnnnnney!!!
What I should do is not vaccume the bed (sort of Aussie style) an maybe serve saltines and peanutbutter as a bedtime snack. He won't be able to get his PJs on anyway as I've sewed up the arms-n-legs. Naked, sunburned and crackers are a good combination.
I can't do that, he's all lovey right now....missed me haranguing him....

Suz

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Suz the Lovin, Caring and Sharing Missus wrote:
Naked, sunburned and crackers are a good combination.

Laughing ROFL Laughing ROFL Laughing ROFL

You are a treasure Suz.

Cheers, Vince

Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

He had a hard time with a hot shower this morning and it was quite cold this morning too. Haven't seen him tonight....must be scared....

He better not be reading this either
Suz

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: RAINdeerRAINdeer Reply with quote

Suzanne wrote:
He had a hard time with a hot shower this morning and it was quite cold this morning too. Haven't seen him tonight....must be scared....

He better not be reading this either
Suz

Can ya blame him?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Big Game Hunting
Page 3 of 9