No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action.
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erny

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Finding it hard to find a chamber/barrel guide for my 223wssm, i decided to make my own. Piss easy!

Step 1. De-prime a used case in your calibre.

2. Drill out the primer pocket with a power drill bit that is slightly bigger than your cleaning rod's width, so your rod slides easy through the case.

3. Slip the rod through the hole then screw on your attachments.

4. Now clean your barrel with your custom chamber guide!

If you need photos i will post tomorrow!

Cheers erny.

Arron

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

That is not bad!!! Might have to use it one day.

chambered221

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Sinclair International

They make their own and will do special request if it's not a stock item !!!
What make gun ???

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Erny

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

chambered221 wrote:
Sinclair International

What make gun ???

Hey Chambered 221, thanks for that mate, my rifle is a Browning SS salker.

Cheers erny

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Chambered isn't good with hand tools. Especially powered tools...

I like your idea better. It's free. No waiting for postman just to find out they sent the wrong one.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Erny

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
Chambered isn't good with hand tools. Especially powered tools...

I like your idea better. It's free. No waiting for postman just to find out they sent the wrong one.
Howdy mate! Yep, as a wise man once said..." Necessity is the mother of inventions! And when it's virtually free, that's even a bigger bonus. Talk about necessary, the other month the missus inform me that the shitter's flush button has had the dick, and would i fix it please. After examining the plastic sea-saw action rod that operates the flush, i found the broken part in the bottom of the tank, with no way of fixing it. I gave it some thought and came up with a shortened 357 mag case that i screwed into the bracket that holds the rod in place, and bingo, good as new. My boys are still laughing at me telling their mates about the only flusher in the world that works with a 357m case! I don't care as i saved a couple of hundred bucks not calling a plummer!

Cheers erny.

stovepipe

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

I was sorta thinkin' that same thing in as far as counter boring a lentgh of PVC then attaching a case to the end of it and getting all creative...but the Hoppes one was only 12$ so... my .300 long action is PIA w/o one.

Love the plubming fix....now that's creative!
chambered221

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Erny wrote:
chambered221 wrote:
Sinclair International

What make gun ???

Hey Chambered 221, thanks for that mate, my rifle is a Browning SS salker.

Cheers erny

Anytime Erny !!! I got these for all my rifles. Should you decide to get one, order some extra o-rings so you'll have them.

Bushy, It's not that I'm not good with them.........I've somehow become allergic to anything with a handle as I've gotten older !!!

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Dimitri

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Same method for the M14/M1A rifles, just with a 12 gage shell for the flash hider.

Dimitri

Arron

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Uh Dimitri...You are aware that the proper method is to clean from the breach(chamber) TO the muzzle; RIGHT??? HA HA HA!!!! I know you know just giving you some grief. HE HE HE HE~!!!!!!!!

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Naw...He'smakin' "flash hiders"...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Arron wrote:
Uh Dimitri...You are aware that the proper method is to clean from the breach(chamber) TO the muzzle; RIGHT??? HA HA HA!!!! I know you know just giving you some grief. HE HE HE HE~!!!!!!!!

You show me how to clean a M1A/M14 type rifle from chamber to muzzle with a one piece coated Dewey rod, and I'll show you how to turn lead into gold. Sounds like a deal? Laughing

Dimitri

eaglesnester
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheap and easy made chamber guide for your bolt action. Reply with quote

Good idea however not such a good idea with cleaners that remove copper from your bore. It is the copper fouling the lands and groves that causes your rifle to become inaccurate. If you are not using a cleaner that removes copper you are just waisting time, money, barrels, and effort. Much of the junk sold on the market is just that, "snake oil". Very few products on the market remove copper, you have to find one and use it. I use WipeOut, Barnes CR10 and KG12 Bore Cleaner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1