Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

A very interesting, but sad story.

I got shot down over N Vietnam in 1967, a Sqdn. Commander.
After I returned in 1973...I published 2 books that dealt a lot with "real torture" in Hanoi . Our make believe President is branding our country as a bunch of torturers when he has no idea what torture is.

As for me, put thru a mock execution because I would not respond...pistol whipped on the head...same event.. Couple of days later...hung by my feet all day. I escaped and a couple of weeks later, I got shot and recaptured. Shot was OK...what happened afterwards was not.

They marched me to Vinh...put me in the rope trick, trick...almost pulled my arms out of the sockets. Beat me on the head with a little wooden rod until my eyes were swelled shut, and my unshot, unbroken hand a pulp.

Next day hung me by the arms...rebroke my right wrist...wiped out the nerves in my arms that control the hands...rolled my fingers up into a ball. Only left the slightest movement of my L forefinger.

So I started answering with some incredible lies.

Sent me to Hanoi strapped to a barrel of gas in the back of a truck.

Hanoi..on my knees....rope trick again. Beaten by a big fool.

Into leg irons on a bed in Heartbreak Hotel.

Much kneeling--hands up at Zoo.

Really bad beating for refusing to condemn Lyndon Johnson.

Several more kneeling events. I could see my knee bone thru kneeling holes.

There was an escape from the annex to the Zoo. I was the Senior Officer of a large building because of escape...they started a mass torture of all commanders.

I think it was July 7, 1969...they started beating me with a car fan belt. In first 2 days I took over 300 strokes...then stopped counting because I n ever thought I would live thru it.

They continued day-nite torture to get me to confess to a non-existent part in the escape. This went on for at least 3 days. On my knees...fan belting...cut open my scrotum with fan belt stroke. opened up both knee holes again. My fanny looked like hamburger...I could not lie on my back.

They tortured me into admitting that I was in on the escape...and that my 2 room-mates knew about it.

The next day I denied the lie.

They commenced torturing me again with 3- 6- or 9 strokes of the fan belt every day from about July 11 or 12rh..to 14 October 1969. I continued to refuse to lie about my roommates again.

Now, the point of this is that our make-believe President has declared to the world that we (U.S..) are a bunch of torturers...Thus it will be OK to torture us next time when they catch us...because that is what the U.S. does.

Our make-believe President is a know nothing fool who thinks that pouring a little water on some one's face, or hanging a pair of woman's pants over an Arabs head is TORTURE. He is a meathead.

I just talked to MOH holder Leo Thorsness, who was also in my squadron, in jail...as was John McCain...and we agree that McCain does not speak for the POW group when he claims that Al Gharib was torture...or that "water boarding" is torture.

Our President and those fools around him who keep bad mouthing our great country are a disgrace to the United States . Please pass this info on to Sean Hannity. He is free to use it to point out the stupidity of the claims that water boarding...which has no after effect...is torture.

If it got the Arab to cough up the story about how he planned the attack on the twin towers in NYC...hurrah for the guy who poured the water.

"Bud" Day,
Medal Of Honor Recipient

George Everett "Bud" Day(born February 24, 1925) is a retired U.S. Air Force Colonel and Command Pilot who served during the Vietnam War.

He is often cited as being the most decorated U.S. service member since General Douglas MacArthur, having received some seventy decorations, a majority for actions in combat.

Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
whittling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

Funny how now matter what the enemy does we are evil.

wiersy111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

It brings sadness to my heart to think that we are not allowed to use the necessary means to save the lives of our soldiers in combat as well as the citizens of our country in their own back yards. I can't help but wonder what is happening to the latest soldier in Afghanistan that has been been taken prisoner.I'm sure he is headed to a nice cozy resort because our president is displaying signs of weakness all over the world. It's time our Commander In Chief comes from the ranks of the military. Enough of this pansy a$$ BS. As a soldier I am so tired of having my hands tied by political BS and not being able to do my job.

US ARMY RETIRED

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Being "Over the Hill" is much better then being under it!
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute Salute

Cheers, Vince

sniper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

whittling wrote:
Funny how now matter what the enemy does we are evil.
Yes, isn't it? Anything else I could say would be redundant.
English Mike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

This puts into perspective interrogation techniques used by the West when compared to the routine barbarity of our foes.
How can waterboarding a known illegal combatant be in any way compared to the above or the slow beheading of an innocent civilian?

We need to return to "an eye for an eye" when dealing with the current threat.
wiersy111

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

An eye for an eye would save lives in the long run. But of course we wouldn't be such respectable citizens of the world.

US ARMY RETIRED

stovepipe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

F! PC crap!

No really!

Maybe next time the Election rolls around We will wake up and vote someone into office with some spine. IF, we show up at the poles. Cuz we shore took a nap on the last one and got blown out of the water by the soft-heads aching for "Change".

Makes me sick every time that empty suit comes on the tube with something even more stupid to say than the last thing, while aplogising to the world with "my bad!".

If I was Prez this ship would be run a whooole lot different.

Vets would get top treatment- instantly, excellent treatment and benis and so would their familes.
Not prisons full of thugs asking for 'more cable' and suing the courts dry. That just makes me sick how liberal the courts ahve gotten while those that fight for us rot.
Crooks will now be getting screwed daily, not our troops by the current admin. For every nickle we send housing thugs, we spend a dollar on vet benis for home and family.

The southern border would have a WALL. Not some ratty fence. And, it would be a whole lot better enforced w/ a MaDuce every 1/2 mile. And the second Mexico tries that uppity shite again- no warning, it's ON. Bring it. You and your cartel buddies.

You want our help?
Pay up.
We've policed this planet for the past century and put out every single fire the uberkooks started.
Yet we owe the world money and an apology?
Right. Eat me and tell it to my Garand.
Our National Bird just got a Middle Finger.
Call me when Iran goes postal, or not. . Or, call the UN Laughing
Your choice

No more metal etc from overseas. We make it HERE and make jobs. No more junk from China- the stuff they send over here for making things is a crock of crap. Drywall, steel, pipe, everything. You DO get what you pay for. China can choke on all their cheesy crap for all I care.

Offshore drilling starts tonight. Don't like it? Move to Amsterdam and grow some dreadlocks, getta cardboard sign then get sqaushed by a buldozer in some Asian country that could not care less.

Expired Visa? Bye-bye. Don't come back.
That's not fair? Funny how the country you are from don't see it that way.

All of this and more would take about 5 mins. to get in motion and make a better start to getting us back on track than Barry-o the Lying Assclown did in the last 6 mos of spending your kids future's in Pakistan and Mexico.

3.5 years to go.... before we get another chance.
wiersy111

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

So Stovey how do you really feel about the state of the country??? Sorry I couldn't resist.

I'm on board 100%. I'm tired of being politically correct. Let's hurt some feelings around the world.

We need to impeach a whole lot of politicians in DC, like the one that criticized the auto executives for having their fancy airplanes then turns around and orders three of them for DC politicians can play with. If a Military C130 or C141 are good enough for our soldiers then they should be good enough for DC.

Bring some of the soldiers home and let them patrol our southern border with armored vehicles. I don't think we would have to worry about the cartels for to long. If we are going to be portrayed as the villain we might as well give them a reason.

It is sickening to see how we have to worry about hurting peoples feelings, lets quit singing Cum by ya. Evil or Very Mad

US ARMY RETIRED

chambered221

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

C’mon Stovey.......tell us how ya really feel.......... I think your holding back on us!!!

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

I hear ya Stoves...its no different here in Aussie. The "tree huggin', touchy feely, warm and fuzzy Cum-by-ya's" have got the floor.

Its sickening how they have the ear of the politicians, yet those that are not outspoken don't get heard...oh well, as they say..."it's the squeaky wheel that gets the grease".

Cheers, Vince

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

My Grandfather always said that the "damn do-gooders" would screw up this country.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
wiersy111

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

I propose we open a season on politicians and tree huggers.

US ARMY RETIRED

whittling

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

I propose we kick out the U.N. ,shut down Social Security and welfare ,and every government agency form dep. of agriculture to housing.

wncchester

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Medal of Honor recipient Bud Day Speaks of Torture Reply with quote

"Our make-believe President is a know nothing fool who thinks that pouring a little water on some one's face, or hanging a pair of woman's pants over an Arabs head is TORTURE. He is a meathead."

Our "president' is a liberal. Liberals are fools, devoid of common sense. Their answer to any question is, "America is BAD!" Their agenda is to change the world by sharing the poverty around the world and their agenda trumps any logic. His variation is, "I, leader of a bad nation, am so SORRY that America is BAD, so I'm going to destroy the American nation and the economy that has made it a power house in the world!"

If Barack O'bama was the correct answer, the question must have been really stupid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 2