Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Faaaaaaak........!!!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

Woke up to the smell of smoke yesterday....

Hopped outside to see what I could see- looked north about an hour away and could see a brushfire starting up in the hills. Pretty common sight in this area this time of year.

Pop on the tube and grab a cup of joe...veiwing the ground from the chopper-cam I notice a very familiar road, then the canyon, then.......my favorite outdoor range surrounded by flames.

It was horryfiing.

The blaze started about 2:00 a/m...they suspect arson. The news crews never failed to mention at least every 3 mins 'the blaze first started by a gun range'.....arse-hats. They also failed to mention the place is a ghost-town after 5:00 p/m. It was probably arson and if it started at/near the range at 2:00 a/m, it would be charred wreckage by 7:00 a/m, not surounded by fire. The media here is truly clue-less.

This Range is an icon for me as well as a respite from the total insanity of L.A.
For me it's an island of normalcy, decency and discipline...and mutal respect among peers. It's sort of a 'temple' for me out here during the week- I never see a squid here during that time, just regular-Joe's sighting in, chrony'ing, testing a new build or just plain enjoying the facility and the Sport.

I may or may not be able to do some sighting-in up there Friday. But that is not really a factor right now, my thoughts are with Paula and Kevin right now....I called but can't get through, I hope they are ok and so is the Range- it's an owner-opperator type of deal and the employees sacrafice a lot to keep it and the sport they love so much alive in the sea of adversity that is So. Cal.

cbs2.com/firewatch/mar...38817.html

I hope the rats get caught and get a hemp neck-tie for their trouble.

Viva Angeles Ranges.
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

Whew...Not to be distasteful about it, but I was afraid in might be the range at Pyro in Ventura County. I know the rancher that owns the Pyro rifle and pistol range there...

If it was arson I too, hope they get caught and hang high...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

I hope your friends are alright, and if it was arson I hope they get them.
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Elvis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

hope they catch up with them and get some justice done.

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

As the others all said Stove....hope your mates are all ok and they haven't lost anything.

Bastard young fellas are usually to blame for fires like that...more often than not torching a stolen car.

Hope they get 'em, and when they do they should be shot with a ball of their own crap...at high velocity!!!

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

Thanks gang-

Seems a homless person got burned to death in the area. That makes it murder, if it was arson.

And Vince- me thinks you know about range fires...you all have had some Woppers!

These fires get started for a myriad of reasons. Bum camps, partyers, downed lines from winds and the ubiquitous ciggy butt out the window.

Then there's the nut cases that wait for prime conditions and torch the joint. All of a sudden like you'll see 3-4 fires start up at once 50-100 miles apart.

People are sick out here. And on a regular, seasonal basis.
whittling

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

That's too bad .I just hate it when innocent men die because someone else was careless .

Last edited by whittling on Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
stovepipe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

I'm not in danger.

But it made me think, what am I going to grab first if the sheet hits the fan?

I took stock of how complacent I've gotten and need to reorg some things pronto.

Rucksack with ammo, water, pemmican and Clif bars. (not a wetsuit, sunscreen, surfwax Laughing )
Make sure the fuel cans are full.
So are the water jugs.

Important Papers? Screw that- I'm grabbin' my pack, the 12ga, the .44, and my CR250. What could be more important than firearms and a XC two-wheeler when IT is comin'?

Barrraaaaaap! C-ya!.... Razz
stovepipe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

Alllllll right!

Aint been able to reach Kevin or Paula- phone lines got torched, but, they displayed this message on their web site:

The ranges are open for business.
Phone service will not be restored unitl 10-22-08

continue to web page

Boy am I STOKED.
Can finally do some 50yd zeroing and some long range fun-shooting w/ the cartoon-gun Friday.

No offical word on the cause...may have been auto-related from what the news says....I think there was a match off site atta private range that weekend and I'm praying it wasn't started by one of ours in error...if it indeed started at 2: 00 a/m, I doubt it soo.....

This is a huge relief and I cannot wait to go see them.

Woohoo! Very Happy
slipshot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Faaaaaaak........!!! Reply with quote

LMAO @ Surfwax......If you going for that stuff best remember the surf board and the panel van also. LOL

Seems like certain times of the year you guys cant catch a break from the fires.Good luck with the range!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1