Pictures: 2371
  · Views: 536443
  · Votes: 1312
  · Comments: 86

Support our Advertisers

Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch.
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

Crackshot, I did the same thing, except I was eating those fried pork skins and drinking Segrams 7. I was young and dumb. I chugged about a third of the bottle and woke up three days later, then threw up for the next three days. Even to this day, the smell of fried pork skins nausiates me. That was in 1971. I don't do the hard liquer thing. Maybe 6 beers in a year. I'll stick to Ice Tea. Who ever wants it, can have my share.

Joe, I agree with you. I sure don't miss the hangovers.
Cary

mikeleduc

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

Dimitri,
To a young man drinking is a right of passage but, overindulgence is just plain silly. 21.5 oz in one night I only hope to God you didn't drive after that. I can tell you after arresting thousands of DUI suspects over the last 29 years, 19 years on motors (Traffic), judgement is the first thing that disappears. And yes, you were drunk! That first drink would have put you over a .08 BAC (blood alcohol content) the limit in most of the US. Even if it took from 6 pm to Midnight drink the other 3 drinks you would have been around a .25 BAC when you finished. The problem is that our bodies absorb alcohol much much faster than we get rid of it.
I could tell you stories, but as a novice drinker no amount of advice anyone gives you will sink in. Most of us were just as stubborn. I hope you survive to the less is better phase. 38% of fatal collisions in the US involve a DUI, in 2007 that was 15,960 deaths. Drinking itself is not bad, but almost anything to excess is and 21.5 oz in one night is excessive.
PS, Drinking less will make you LOOK smarter!
Dimitri

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

Mike,

I may have been or at least thought I was walking fine, and I may be able to remember the whole night, but I'm not dumb enough to drink and drive even if I am drunk. Laughing

As for advice, it is not needed, I learned my lesson with that hang over. My first hang over and I don't plan on having another one anytime soon. Shocked

Dimitri

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
Mike,

I may have been or at least thought I was walking fine, and I may be able to remember the whole night, but I'm not dumb enough to drink and drive even if I am drunk. Laughing

As for advice, it is not needed, I learned my lesson with that hang over. My first hang over and I don't plan on having another one anytime soon. Shocked

Dimitri

Be careful,You might end up here...

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

First time I've seen 'em set that up in the 5 years we've been here.

I hope they do it more often...

hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

I was paid a visit when one of the Sherriff's Deps noticed me taking pictures...

Once I explained my intentions, they thanked me for caring enough to take pics.

One of them spent time training with an OLD friend, the one that was killed in the line of duty.

Talk about a small world....

Vince

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

We call them Random Breath Test (RBT), or the Booze Bus, over here. They are set up on a regular basis...usually every night of the year....in one place or another, sometimes at more than one place and they move around as well, meaning that the Police could do a RBT a couple of times a night.

In addition to that, every Police car is a roving RBT. They can stop you at anytime, anywhere without any other reason other than to breath test you for alcohol. The legal limit here is .05 BAC for a full licence holder. If you have a Privisional Licence then the limit is lower, in some cases 0.0 BAC.

What a lot of drivers over here don't consider is that after 3 standard drinks in one hour the average driver is on the legal limit. A standard drink is 30ml of spirits or 10oz of full strength beer. Wine, can't remember, and lite beer is about 4 standard drinks in an hour. It takes the average male body approximately one hour to metabolise one standard drink. So if you hit the p1ss really hard you can be still way over the limit the next morning when you drive to work.

Just recently they also added a Random DRUG Test to the list. Same deal as for RBT....PULL OVER DRIVER...Blow in this, now stick your tongue out for the drug test. Good Stuff.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Crackshot

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Me vs. 20+ oz of Whiskey & Scotch. Reply with quote

Never seen them here in Mich. That aint aying they dont do it, Just never seen one is all. I do all my drinking at home any way.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 3 of 3