Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Lower gas prices ??????????????
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

I normally don't get caught up in this sort of thing (internet pass alongs thru E-mail) but, this one did get me thinking.

So I figured it might be a good topic here.

Subject: Dropping Gas Prices
THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO $1.30 PER GALLON.
This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.
If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration. Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer, and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action. The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas.
It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $3.19 for regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace, not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
! ; How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.
If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this ! to 10 p eople.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am , so trust me on this one.

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days !!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Chambered221...They have been sending this around the internet for the last 5 years or more. It hasn't worked yet... Very Happy

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
chambered221

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Like I said, I don't usually get caught up in these things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
Handloader

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Four years ago Phoenix had a gas shortage due to a pipeline breakage. Lines were long at most stations and often the quantity was limited to five or ten gallons. Many stations were out of gas and unable to replenish their holding tanks. Except one station that charged $1 more than anyone else. At that station there were no lines, quantity of purchase was not controlled, they always had gas and they were open 24/7.

That station got all my business and I was pleased to buy there. Since my vehicles get good gas mileage, the extra $1 per gallon was no strain. People choose vehicles based on many things, but, the gas mileage sticker is on the window and if the buyer chooses a gas hog then I don't care to hear the whinning about prices. People choose to live where they do and if their commute is long, well, that's the result of choice, too.

I'm pleased to see oil companies reap profits from their very heavy investments and I applaud their efforts at exploration and development of oil fields. I keep in mind that the government has refused to issue licenses/permits to build new refineries in over 200 applications and that refining capacity is limited and, now, only slightly above demand.

I'm pleased to see my dividend checks from oil companies, too. Its been a good investment and, hey, stock is still available.
Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Well damn handloader. Guess I'll have to sell my horses so I can get away from that Chevy full sized pickup that is needed to pull my horse trailer and haul the hay for the horses plus the many other tasks that pickup must do to maintain my place...Sorry, but this is where we part company and disagree with you on this...Oil companies are taking billions of dollars home with them and not sinking all that much back into finding more oil or alternitive fuels. My wife's Saturn gets great mileage, but I still must have my pickup...We own mineral rights on land in Oklahoma and most of the oil wells on that property have been capped. So our dividend check is rather small. If there was one industry that needed regulation, it would be the oil monopolies. Not to mention the state and federal taxes that make up almost 1/3 of the cost...

You come up with an idea that will work to replace that pickup and I'll consider it...By The Way...I'm getting 24 miles to the gallon without the trailer and 20 with the trailer...1998 extended cab 4 X 4 with the Vortec 350 V8.

I do find your comments a bit selfish and one sided...Just my thinking...I'm retired (but not dead) and I don't make the big bucks anymore like you...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Well guys....I'm paying AUD$1.40 a LITRE (!!!!!) over here in Brisbane Australia, and its by no means the most expensive fuel over here. Some places are paying much more. $1.40 a litre comes out to AUD$6.30 a gallon...and petrol prices are subsidised where I live. (Bear in mind that we have 4.5 litres to the gallon.) Oh yeah, nearly forgot...and we have a 10% GST on top of that as well.

I don't think there is a single person in Australia that doesn't jump up and down about petrol prices...say anything to the petrol companies and they refer you to where the price of petrol is set.....SINGAPORE !!!!!!

Todays (17-3-2008) National Fuel Price Averages per LITRE by State:

...............................................Diesel.....BIO......ULP........LPG

Australian Capital Territory...$1.580.....N/A......$1.405....$0.696

New South Wales ................$1.568.....N/A.......$1.419...$0.693

Northern Territory................$1.602.....N/A.......$1.525...$0.890

Queensland.........................$1.474.....N/A.......$1.342....$0.694

South Australia....................$1.546....$1.437....$1.415....$0.739

Tasmania.............................$1.569.....N/A.......$1.469....$0.848

Victoria................................$1.541.....N/A.......$1.402....$0.636

Western Australia................$1.577.....N/A........$1.457....$0.756

National Average 17 Mar 08
..........................................$1.557.....$0.180....$1.429....$0.744 per litre

The most expensive ULP today is:
AUD$2.359 per litre, or AUD$10.62 per gallon.

Premium ULP cost 6c or 7c per litre more depending of the supplier. My 960 SE Volvo runs best on PULP...bugger...so that means I am paying about $1.47 per litre for PULP.

Time I either got myself a horse and cart or a bicycle.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Handloader

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Bushy: my comments selfish? I agree. Individual choices are a part of a very unequal and selfish process wherein we are responsible for those choices. Its called democracy, individual freedom, and it is based on an assumption of inequality in that people or businesses that wish to rise above or fall below the median are acceptable. It is the underlying tenant of conservativism and is protected by the Constitution.

Your comment that added regulation on oil companies is needed is the first step toward higher taxation and increased pump prices, not lower ones. Take a survey of gas prices where the government has become overly involved in gas production and/or distribution and you will find gas prices far in excess of the ones we enjoy today.

While you are retired, I still work to make ends meet, however, I love what I do. Over the years, investments in oil stock have been fortunate for me and tend to offset the current and future increased prices somewhat. But, specific to gas prices, I am far more concerned about availability than price. I would much rather have gas at fair market price than have none at a lesser price.

And, I ride my bicycle to work frequently and take a motorcycle that gets great mileage on many trips. It all adds up.
OntheLasGallinas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

The biggest problem with the oil business is that the wildcatters went broke in the 80s, when oil prices plunged too low for them to stay in business. These people created a ton of wealth in this nation. Oil is shallow and cheap to produce in the middle east. They don't have to drill as far as we do in Texas. This helps only the big oil companies. When the wildcatters went broke, the drilling rigs sat around and rusted until they were cut up for scrap. Now, although prices are high, there are not enough drilling rigs to do any good. We're still floating on oil, it's just harder to get at (than the middle east). The big companies are still drilling down here, but wildcatters are scarse.

We need tax relief for these people are willing to go back into old fields with the new recovery tecnology and new exploration at home to create more compitition in the industry. That would create more jobs and boost the ecomomy more than anything.

We need to be drilling in Anwar and between Florida and Cuba (before the Chinese gets it all) and any where else we have oil, or get used to peddling around on your bicycle. I know that I'd have a hell of a time pulling my cattle trailer around with a bicycle.

Cary

Doublejs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

I have a friend that works for an environmental monitoring company. He just told me about site's that he samples with petro contaminates. They pull samples and have them tested every month (from an Exxon/Mobile site and others). The samples come back with major polutants on site. However, the Companies have NOT done a single thing to clean up their spills, but the law requires that they monitor them. Meanwhile they made how many billion last quarter for the "share holders". It's time the companies pay to clean up their own negligant spills and quit worrying about the shareholders and start worrying about OUR environment. They'll just wait till the government comes up with another "superfund" for clean-ups that should be paid for by the corporation.
I am not a tree hugger, but do value our "woods and fields" where nature lives.
Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

We are paying 3.96$USD per Gallon here. Or 1.13$AUD per liter.

I don't have a car so the prices can be 5$ a gallon for all I care, my way to work and back is by biking it on a peddle bike so day to day it doesn't matter much what the oil prices are to me. Laughing

Dimitri

sagebrushsniper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Dimitri, Didn't you have a little fun in the snow this winter? I have a friend who came off Mt. Evans in Co. with a record mt goat on his mt. bike and had to stop and cool the brakes off in the snow, said everythingh was fine until he hit a patch of ice! How do you pack the iron and all the ammo out to the range? I'll keep my super duty and pull my 22' camper into the high country going past all the oil wells here in Wy. and wonder how much of it is being shipped elsewhere. I may not go as much but the day will come when the energy boom will be on the down side again as someone will get greedy and our dollar will come back up. Aye!

English Mike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Cheapest in my part of the UK is equivalent to US$8.90 a gallon.
Not much fun when my Ranger does 19 miles/US gallon. Sad
Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

I generally get driven to the range. Laughing

Ice and snow this year hasn't been a big deal, but the thing is, the road salt has been a pain, trust me it does more damage to a bike then it does to a car, gums up all the gearing and the like. Laughing

Dimitri

1895ss

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Dimitri wrote:
We are paying 3.96$USD per Gallon here. Or 1.13$AUD per liter.

I don't have a car so the prices can be 5$ a gallon for all I care, my way to work and back is by biking it on a peddle bike so day to day it doesn't matter much what the oil prices are to me. Laughing

Dimitri

Well "Mitri, you're lucky you don't live out West where your oil/gas comes from. We are paying $5.16 can/imp gallon or $1.159/liter, for gas here. No wonder the west has hard feelings about the east in this country. We pay freight when we ship to you and we pay the freight plus to get things from you. It's a real fair system we have in this country. Sad

Dimitri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Lower gas prices ?????????????? Reply with quote

Yah, I know the prices are bad out there. We even have more taxes per liter of gas then you do and yet its still cheaper here. Smile

Dimitri

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 5