Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt
Discussions run-amok, innane banter it all goes here
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Well, it has taken many months of organising and generally stuffing around, but I have managed to arrange a short 3 day hunt this weekend.

The property we are going to hunt has more rabbits than you can shoot...so my mate says; I haven't been there yet....and a bit of a feral dog problem. I reckon that we are going to have a pretty good weekend.

Talk to you all next Monday....hopefully with some good news about our hunt.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
tracker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Have a good time Vince. We can talk rabbit recipes when you get back... Very Happy Very Happy

1895ss

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Oh no you don't want to eat them rabbits, they are diseased. Yuck Very Happy Very Happy

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Going to go shoot poor defenceless bunny rabbits...Does Peter Cottontail know about this???

Have a good trip...Be safe.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
tracker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Diseased...eww... Yuck Yuck Well I don't have any feral dog recipes for him...

shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Very Happy Shoot a bunch Vince Very Happy . Enjoy your long weekend and Have a safe one Very Happy
Joe

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Dimitri

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Have fun Vince! Smile

Dimitri

yotebuster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Wooo Hooooo! I just love the smell of spent gunpowder. Have fun mate and let us in on the results!
Cheers!
Yotebuster Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy [b]

fireball 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Very Happy
the wife says, if it clucks, don't shoot it Very Happy
hey vince , hope ya shot all that ya brung with ya. Cheers dave

gelandangan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

So, How was your weekend Vince? been productive? How's the weather up where you are?

Gelan

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
yotebuster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Vince, hope your weekend wasn't spoiled with that storm that was on the news. That would have been a bummer.
So............how'd you do with the Easter Bunnies? LOL
Yotebuster Shocked

roklok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Dont forget your rifle bolts!!!!!!! Sorry Vince, I had to.
1895ss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Ahhhh who needs bolts....?? Shocked Laughing Laughing

gelandangan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

I thought "bolts" is when you miss the razorback and then got to get away FAAST!!!

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: FINALLY - I'm getting away for a short 3 day hunt Reply with quote

Thanks for all your "well wishes" guys....much appreciated.

roklok wrote:
Dont forget your rifle bolts!!!!!!! Sorry Vince, I had to.

Bolts...bolts....oh yeah...them things that plug the hole in the back of the rifle. Yup....I took 'em. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

Well, the weekend turned out just fine. We left early Friday morning for a 3 hour drive to our campsite/hunting grounds. Arrived just in time to put up the tents before the rain started. I reckon we got about an inch of rain Friday afternoon/Friday night.....it was magnificent. Nothing better than coffee made with freshly ground beens made on fresh rain water.

In between downpours we went out walking to see what we could find....identified a number of very productive paddocks. Saturday morning saw us on the move about 6am. First up we visited the known feral dog trail. Arrived just in time to see a good sized black and white dog (Border Collie) take off into the bush....bugger saw us before we saw him. He ran through a mob of the owners beef cattle....no shot then! BUGGER Mad

Okay, off to say " 'ullo " to some bunnies. I took my O/U Fausti shotgun and my mate had his .22 rimfire. We had a ball. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Love shooting bunnies on the run with the shotgun using a 36 gram load of #4 shot....and boy could these buggers run. Actually had to give them about a 2' lead. Took about a dozen back to the camp to skin, clean and put on ice. Later in the afternoon we went out again looking for the dogs, but they were being very "shy" so we went bunny chasing again and shot through until about 8pm. Again, took about a dozen nice ones back for the cooler.....left a lot behind though. All up we shot about 60 rabbits and found only about 4 or 5 that showed any sign of having a "problem". We also "watched" a good sized mob of grey kangaroos for a while. One of them sort of....."fell over".....well, we couldn't just leave it there so it went into the cooler too for dog meat.

We didn't even make a sizeable dent on the rabbit population there so they will be waiting for us when we go back in a month or so. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

yotebuster wrote:
Vince, hope your weekend wasn't spoiled with that storm that was on the news. That would have been a bummer.

If you mean the cyclone, it was on the other side of the country...about 3000 km west of us. In fact the guy who owns the property we shoot on is working there at the moment, but he was evacuated home till the cyclone passed through....but we did have good rain on Friday.

gelandangan wrote:
So, How was your weekend Vince? been productive? How's the weather up where you are?

Mate....extremely productive. It got to the point where we could take our pick between a number of rabbits at any one time. Weather, once the rain stopped, was oppressive...very hot..mid 30's C and humid.

1895ss wrote:
Oh no you don't want to eat them rabbits, they are diseased.

Mate...rabbits out here are generally very healthy, and tasty. Its pretty easy to pick the ones that have a problem, and where we were hunting there were so many rabbits that you could pick and choose, and if you found one with a problem then you left him in the paddock for the crows.

1895ss wrote:
Going to go shoot poor defenceless bunny rabbits...Does Peter Cottontail know about this???

Yup....surely are Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing ....and Peter Cottontail best not poke his head above ground cause I have my Krico .22 rimfire shooting very well thank you very much, using Winchester Power Point bullets. Head and neck shots only are acceptable...and the rabbit must be in full stride for the shotgun....have to be sporting about it. Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing

So all in all a magnificent and productive weekend. Had to be one of the most relaxing weekends I have had for I don't know how long.....I loved every minute of it. Looking forward to getting back there.

Cheers, Vince

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Spam-O-Rama
Page 1 of 3