HuntingNut
HuntingNut
   Login or Register
HomeCommunity ForumsPhoto AlbumsRegister
     
 

User Info

Welcome Anonymous


Membership:
Latest: etmci
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 12859

People Online:
Members: 0
Visitors: 183
BOT: 2
Total: 185
Who Is Where:
 Visitors:
01: Home
02: Forums
03: Forums
04: Forums
05: Forums
06: Forums
07: Forums
08: Forums
09: Forums
10: Forums
11: Forums
12: Forums
13: Forums
14: Forums
15: Forums
16: Forums
17: Forums
18: Forums
19: Forums
20: Forums
21: Forums
22: Forums
23: Forums
24: Forums
25: Forums
26: Home
27: Forums
28: Forums
29: Forums
30: Forums
31: Forums
32: Forums
33: Forums
34: Forums
35: Forums
36: Forums
37: Photo Albums
38: Home
39: Forums
40: Forums
41: Forums
42: Forums
43: Forums
44: Forums
45: Forums
46: Forums
47: Forums
48: Home
49: Photo Albums
50: Forums
51: Forums
52: Photo Albums
53: Forums
54: Forums
55: Photo Albums
56: Forums
57: Forums
58: Forums
59: Forums
60: Forums
61: Forums
62: Forums
63: Forums
64: Forums
65: Home
66: Photo Albums
67: Forums
68: Forums
69: Forums
70: Forums
71: Forums
72: Forums
73: Forums
74: Forums
75: Forums
76: Forums
77: Forums
78: Forums
79: Forums
80: Forums
81: Forums
82: Forums
83: Forums
84: Forums
85: Forums
86: Home
87: Forums
88: Forums
89: Forums
90: Forums
91: Forums
92: Forums
93: Home
94: Forums
95: Your Account
96: Forums
97: Forums
98: Your Account
99: Forums
100: Forums
101: Forums
102: Forums
103: Photo Albums
104: Forums
105: Forums
106: Forums
107: Forums
108: Your Account
109: Forums
110: Forums
111: Forums
112: Home
113: Forums
114: Forums
115: Forums
116: Forums
117: Home
118: Forums
119: Forums
120: Forums
121: Forums
122: Forums
123: Your Account
124: Forums
125: Forums
126: Forums
127: Forums
128: Your Account
129: Forums
130: Photo Albums
131: Forums
132: Forums
133: Forums
134: Forums
135: Forums
136: Forums
137: Forums
138: Forums
139: Photo Albums
140: Forums
141: Forums
142: Forums
143: Forums
144: Forums
145: Forums
146: Forums
147: Forums
148: Forums
149: Forums
150: Forums
151: Forums
152: Forums
153: Home
154: Your Account
155: Forums
156: Home
157: Home
158: Forums
159: Forums
160: Forums
161: Your Account
162: Forums
163: Forums
164: Forums
165: Forums
166: Forums
167: Your Account
168: Forums
169: Forums
170: Forums
171: Forums
172: Forums
173: Forums
174: Forums
175: Forums
176: Forums
177: Forums
178: Forums
179: Forums
180: Forums
181: Forums
182: Forums
183: Your Account
  BOT:
01: Forums
02: News

Staff Online:

No staff members are online!
 

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 307
 Pictures: 2397
  · Views: 717760
  · Votes: 1313
  · Comments: 86
 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jeh7mmmag
Member
Member


Joined: Dec 24, 2006
Posts: 223
Location: DFW, TX.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got some rain Vince.

Merry Christmas to all and hope you all have wonderful, prosperous 2020.

_________________
mypva.org/
DAV
VNE USS LEX CVT-16 BLUE GHOST V2 CATS ABE-2
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail
English Mike
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 08, 2007
Posts: 1606
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
Well, it’s a wet Christmas for us...but I’m not complaining. We had a big storm tonight that bought about a swift and hurried shutdown of Christmas lights...a big disappointment for the hundreds of people and children who came in to take in the light shows.

I’d like to think and hope that the severely drought affected areas in the west of the State got some of this rain...they desperately need it.

A mate of mine in Sydney says they had some rain today, thought nowhere near enough.
UK Christmas lights are (usually) resistant to wet & windy, else no bugger would buy them...
Cooking dinner went so damn smooth, I kept wondering when it was all going to go wrong - all done to perfection, into various containers & transported to Mum's place inside 10 minutes.
Brother didn't like the gravy (chicken stock & white wine - I forgot his dislike of wine) & I dropped a half litre of cream as I took it out of Mum's fridge, as it had been opened & the foil top left on, despite instructions to leave it be.
Mum's two cats "helped" clean up the mess & thankfully it landed upright, so I saved more than half.
Back to top
View user's profile
Aloysius
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Nov 03, 2009
Posts: 2266
Location: B., Belgium

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

It was a very special Christmas this year. For the first time in my life I did mow my grass this Christmas and for the first time we had a wolf killing 1 (white domesticated) kangaroo and wound a second one IN OUR VILAGE!
Now I'm wondering where this will end...
maybe in a few years we are all driving electric cars with built in wolf-alert?
And yes, I think even very old men still could learn a lot in 2020...
Back to top
View user's profile
Bushmaster
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Posts: 11014
Location: Ava, Missouri

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Watch it Aloysius. Yer gettin' real close to "old man" jokes.

_________________
I have one nerve left and yer standin' on it...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Back to top
View user's profile
Vince
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 25, 2005
Posts: 14648
Location: Brisbane AUSTRALIA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Mike of Pomgolia, it’s great that you cook dinner for a Mum. Maybe next year you can cook it at her house to make life easier mate.

Aloys...I haven’t put a mower over my lawn for nearly 12 months mate. My lawn is like a plowed paddock...brown grass with dirt patches, although this rain we’ve had will no doubt bring the lawn back. The predominant grass in my lawn is called Queensland Blue Couch and being native to this area it is acclimatised to the lack of rain followed by downpours and it comes back within days...and will no doubt need mowing.

Bushy, Aloys has certainly left himself wide open there for some fun sniping mate.

_________________
Cheers, Vince Cheers

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Back to top
View user's profile AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
PaulS
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Posts: 4111
Location: South-Eastern Washington - the State

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

It's not that we old men can't learn it is just a matter of being important enough so that we give a hoot.

_________________
Paul
__________________
Speer, Lyman, Hodgdon, Sierra, and Hornady = reliable loading data
So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Back to top
View user's profile Send e-mail
Bushmaster
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jun 12, 2005
Posts: 11014
Location: Ava, Missouri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Yup...Runnin' outa time fer the small stuff.

_________________
I have one nerve left and yer standin' on it...

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Back to top
View user's profile
Aloysius
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Nov 03, 2009
Posts: 2266
Location: B., Belgium

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Bushmaster wrote:
Yup...Runnin' outa time fer the small stuff.


maybe once we need glasses we get a bigger view...

or when our hearing goes down, we only hear what we like to understand…


heavy things to think over now the end is so near Smile
Back to top
View user's profile
slimjim
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 16, 2009
Posts: 8099
Location: Fort Worth TX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Yes, all stay safe! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

_________________
"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." - Theodore Roosevelt

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Back to top
View user's profile
English Mike
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 08, 2007
Posts: 1606
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
Mike of Pomgolia, it’s great that you cook dinner for a Mum. Maybe next year you can cook it at her house to make life easier mate.


If only she had a 5 burner hob & a three shelf oven... Very Happy

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will have been the last Christmas dinner I cooked for her (she's 90 in 5 weeks & fading pretty fast).
Still, I get to do my favourite (& hers) for New Year's Day - roast leg of lamb.
Back to top
View user's profile
Vince
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 25, 2005
Posts: 14648
Location: Brisbane AUSTRALIA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
Vince wrote:
Mike of Pomgolia, it’s great that you cook dinner for a Mum. Maybe next year you can cook it at her house to make life easier mate.


If only she had a 5 burner hob & a three shelf oven... Very Happy

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will have been the last Christmas dinner I cooked for her (she's 90 in 5 weeks & fading pretty fast).
Still, I get to do my favourite (& hers) for New Year's Day - roast leg of lamb.

Never say never mate. My Mum lived until 95 and my mother-in-law just flew up from Sydney to spend Christmas with us and she’s 92 and probably fitter than me. Mums are resilient buggers...they’ll hang on whilst ever there’s reason for them to be around.

Roast leg of lamb...I’m sorta torn between a nice pork leg roast or the lamb leg roast as to which is my favourite. Pork with Apple Sauce and Lamb with Mint Sauce or Mint Jelly...damn, I’m getting hungry now.

_________________
Cheers, Vince Cheers

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Back to top
View user's profile AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
English Mike
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: Jan 08, 2007
Posts: 1606
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria, UK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
English Mike wrote:
Vince wrote:
Mike of Pomgolia, it’s great that you cook dinner for a Mum. Maybe next year you can cook it at her house to make life easier mate.


If only she had a 5 burner hob & a three shelf oven... Very Happy

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will have been the last Christmas dinner I cooked for her (she's 90 in 5 weeks & fading pretty fast).
Still, I get to do my favourite (& hers) for New Year's Day - roast leg of lamb.

Never say never mate. My Mum lived until 95 and my mother-in-law just flew up from Sydney to spend Christmas with us and she’s 92 and probably fitter than me. Mums are resilient buggers...they’ll hang on whilst ever there’s reason for them to be around.

Roast leg of lamb...I’m sorta torn between a nice pork leg roast or the lamb leg roast as to which is my favourite. Pork with Apple Sauce and Lamb with Mint Sauce or Mint Jelly...damn, I’m getting hungry now.

Well the leg of lamb was appreciated. along with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, brussels sprouts & gravy made with the meat juices & a big glass of Merlot.
Finished off with a shop bought Christmas pudding & cream.

Oh & the rest of the bottle of Merlot... Cyclops
Back to top
View user's profile
Vince
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: May 25, 2005
Posts: 14648
Location: Brisbane AUSTRALIA

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Reply with quote

English Mike wrote:
Vince wrote:
English Mike wrote:
Vince wrote:
Mike of Pomgolia, it’s great that you cook dinner for a Mum. Maybe next year you can cook it at her house to make life easier mate.


If only she had a 5 burner hob & a three shelf oven... Very Happy

Sadly, I'm pretty sure this will have been the last Christmas dinner I cooked for her (she's 90 in 5 weeks & fading pretty fast).
Still, I get to do my favourite (& hers) for New Year's Day - roast leg of lamb.

Never say never mate. My Mum lived until 95 and my mother-in-law just flew up from Sydney to spend Christmas with us and she’s 92 and probably fitter than me. Mums are resilient buggers...they’ll hang on whilst ever there’s reason for them to be around.

Roast leg of lamb...I’m sorta torn between a nice pork leg roast or the lamb leg roast as to which is my favourite. Pork with Apple Sauce and Lamb with Mint Sauce or Mint Jelly...damn, I’m getting hungry now.

Well the leg of lamb was appreciated. along with roast potatoes, roast parsnips, brussels sprouts & gravy made with the meat juices & a big glass of Merlot.
Finished off with a shop bought Christmas pudding & cream.

Oh & the rest of the bottle of Merlot... Cyclops

Outstanding mate.

_________________
Cheers, Vince Cheers

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
Back to top
View user's profile AIM Address MSN Messenger Yahoo Messenger Photo Gallery
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 2 of 2
All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Go to page Previous  1, 2



Jump to:  


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Valid CSS! Valid HTML 4.01!
Click to check if this page is realy HTML 4.01 compliant for speed :)

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of HuntingNut.com.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © 2011 by HuntingNut.com
Interactive software released under GNU GPL, Code Credits, Privacy Policy

.: Upgraded to DragonFly 9.2 by *Dizfunkshunal* :.