Albums: 305
 Pictures: 2371
  · Views: 536443
  · Votes: 1312
  · Comments: 86

Support our Advertisers

Semi Auto Ban in Illnois
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparkie
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

From News Service TacticalShit.com

Deerfield ILL orders semi auto ban. Ban goes into effect June 13, any weapon on the list still in the town limits after the date, the owner will be fined 1,000 dollars a day. The List follows.

Shall include, but not limited to, the assault weapons models identified as follows.

(A) The following rifles or copies or duplicates thereof.

(i) AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47,AK-74,ARM, MAK90, Misr, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA85,
SA 93, VEPR;
(ii) AR-10;
(iii) AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, or Olympic Arms PCR;
(iv) AR 70;
(v) Calico Liberty;
(vi) Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU;
(vii) Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, orFNC;
(viii) Hi-Point Carbine;
(ix) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, or HK-PSG-1;
(x) Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;

On Monday night, one town’s Board of Trustees voted to ban what they call assault weapons. The ordinance restricts the sale, manufacture, and possession of assault weapons, as defined by the village. Semiautomatic rifles with fixed magazines and more than a 10-round capacity are included as well as shotguns featuring revolving cylinders. Specific models, including the AR-15, are also targeted by the ordinance.

Members of the Village Board of Trustees in Deerfield, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, voted on the ordinance and unanimously approved the ban, which goes into effect on June 13, according to a report by the Chicago Tribune.

The ordinance reads: “The possession, manufacture, and sale of assault weapons in the Village of Deerfield is not reasonably necessary to protect an individual’s right to self-defense or the preservation or efficiency of a well-regulated militia.”

Residents are required to comply with the ordinance by the date it goes into effect. Failure to surrender any assault weapon or relocate a covered firearm to a location outside of the village limits can result in a fine of $1,000 per day for each offense.

The legislation may face a legal challenge based on whether it is Constitutional. However, Kent Street, the Village Manager, stated that the ordinance was modeled after one that is in place in Highland Park, Illinois, put in place in 2013, that survived a legal challenge.

A Brady Campaign spokesperson reportedly “applaud[s]” the board’s decision “to keep their citizens safer.”

“These ordinances have clearly and correctly been ruled constitutional,” said the spokesperson for the Brady Campaign, a nonprofit that advocates for stricter gun control, “and we hope that Highland Park and Deerfield serve as positive examples for other communities moving forward.
Gil Martin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

I hate it when that happens. The usual anti-gun approach is to focus on punishing law-abiding citizens instead of going after criminals. I suspect this will face a court challenge and may be tied up for a long, long time before it is ever implemented. Glad I do not live in Illinois. All the best...
Gil

gelandangan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

I wonder how many crooks worried about this.

The government I trust .. is my .45-70 Government.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
PaulS

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

I believe that Illinois voted in preemption not too long ago. I think this new local law will be busted before it goes into play.

Illinois has preemption for the transportation of firearms, and regulation of hand guns. The state also controls the laws for "assault weapons" unless the law was passed before July 20, 2013.
Statute
Public Act 098-0063: Firearm Concealed Carry Act

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
Vince

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

gelandangan wrote:

That is 100% correct mate. Criminals by their very nature don’t give a “rats ring piece” about the laws of society.

Unless they have firearm registration in place...that only law-abiding citizens follow...they won’t have the slightest inkling as to what firearms are held, and who has them.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

Vince wrote:
gelandangan wrote:

That is 100% correct mate. Criminals by their very nature don’t give a “rats ring piece” about the laws of society.

Unless they have firearm registration in place...that only law-abiding citizens follow...they won’t have the slightest inkling as to what firearms are held, and who has them.

Registration WILL be the next step, with the argument being

“Since we don’t know how many guns are out there or who has them, everyone must register ALL of them”...

That way, when they decide to go after handguns next (and they will), they already know who has them.

This is the slippery slope...

radar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

NZ has good laws and no registration of serial numbers for our hunting firearms, but Military style, collectors and Pistols are all recorded and followed between owners etc. Point of sale from shops is also recorded and is available for Police to examine.
It’s a handy tool for tracking especially Military style and pistols and has lead to a number of prosecutions where legitimate gun owners have onsold to criminals for whAtever reason.
I don’t have a problem with it as I’m a law abiding citizen with nothing to hide. What cheeses me off is when a non law abiding citizen gets caught - we all get blamed and they get a slap on the hand with a wet bus ticket from the. Courts

George Orwell
hunterjoe21

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

usdefensewatch.com/201...-trustees/

Elvis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

very true Radar.....and the sawn off shottie is still crims prefered weapon of choice I believe.....

slimjim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Semi Auto Ban in Illnois Reply with quote

hunterjoe21 wrote:
http://usdefensewatch.com/2018/04/an-open-letter-to-the-deerfield-illinois-village-board-of-trustees/

thanks for sharing, hunterjoe.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1