Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!!
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flint54

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

This Info taken from the May. 05 issue of The American Rifleman.
Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) introduced the anti gun bill known as H.R.654.
If it passes, it will stop the sale of all 50 cal rifle's that they call "Civilian Sniper Rifle's", and that they be considered the same as machine gun's, and requires all owners of these rifle's to (under Title II of the gun control act) register there rifle's and themselves, submit to photographs and fingerprints and undergo a rigorous FBI clearancess process that could last up to six months. Any infraction could bring a 10 year prison term.

Moran's ban would prohibit any leagally registered (or unregistered) Civilian sniper rifle from being moved across a state line, bought, sold, given,, traded or willed. "Reduction" is accomplished with the death of the registered owner, at which time the once- private property becomes the presumed property of the U.S. goverment. for immediate destruction.
The NRA belives that this will lead directly to other calabers down to 22 center fire or any civilian sniper rifle or other rifle that could kill a person at or over 100 meters.

THE KICKER

A " civilian sniper rifle" is defined as.
* a bolt action or semi automatic
* having a two-stage trigger
* having a free flooting barrel
* having a bull or target barrel
* having a fluted barrel

If this isn't the time to unite and support the NRA just what the hell will it take? JMI Mike..

I took the liberty of copying a post from the Forums at www.savageshooters.com from Mike. I wish to Thank him for this and give him all of the credit. I can only say that I will be doing some writing around "Cyberspace" and to Washington DC and My Senators & Reps. I hope that you will all take a few minutes of your time to spread the word out to all you know. Thanks & God Bless!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation
Flint54

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

Question Just a question to all. Am I wasting my and your time for posting this kind of information as I don't see anyone responding to it? The same thing happened to my post on Primers for everyone's information. If I am, Please let me know and I will cease. Question
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

No I am glad to see you post this. I've actually seen this reposted on alot of sites so far so I appologize for not making a response here. I've actually already penned off a response to this. This bill has such a generic description there is little chance IMO it will pass.

Has this bill even made it out of committee yet?

-DallanC
Flint54

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin...9:H.R.654:

I believe by reading this it is still in the Ways and Means Committee. But then again I don't know if I'm reading it correctly. Even so this needs to be brought out into the open so as to bury it as soon as possible. First they went after the FN 5.7 X 28 as being too small and now the 50 Cal in any form as being too big. What is next, your .308 as it is too accurate????? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
BillPa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

Just a question to all. Am I wasting my and your time for posting this kind of information

NEVER!

There used to be a channel on cable and satellite called "Americas Voice". Mike Regan had a show that I watched most every day. One of his more pointed comments was "There are three kinds of people, those that know whats happening, those the don't care whats happening and those the wonder what happened" Posts like your are important to keep us in the first group.
Many may not respond, but I sure they are read.

Bill
shrpshtrjoe
Super Red Neck Member
Super Red Neck Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

Your posts are always welcome and read flint54.

P E T A
People Eating Tasty Animals
Gil Martin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Flint54 Reply with quote

Keep up the informative posts! I look for them and read them. All the best...
Gil

Flint54

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. Getting feed back just lets someone know that their message is getting to someone. I've been on other sites that totally ignore people and that makes it seem that the only one that you are talking to is yourself. God Bless and again Thanks!
delboy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: A "CALL TO ARMS" No Pun Intended!!!! Reply with quote

Read = Learn and Inwardly Digest! Option (1): Welcome to Jolly England!

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1