Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

A group of white separatist domestic terrorists have occupied the Malheur National Widlife Refuge Building in Burns,Oregon

boingboing.net/2016/01...-take.html

And now, the rest of the story.

theconservativetreehou...rsecution/

Last edited by BigBlue on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
BigBlue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE:
CLIVEN D. BUNDY
PO Box 7175
Bunkerville, NV 89007
702-346-5564
January 1, 2016
With great concern and love and much consideration from prayer, I come to you Harney County Sheriff of Oregon David M. Ward, rancher Steven Dwight Hammond, and rancher Dwight Lincoln Hammond, Jr.,
I, Cliven D. Bundy, have been involved for several weeks in the background striving to understand and comprehend your dilemmas in Harney County, Oregon. I understand that the grass that was burnt on each side of the fence was grazing rights that had been created through beneficial use, one side of the fence being private property and the other side of the fence being private property rights. The fires that were set were for a good purpose and had good results.
The United States Justice Department has NO jurisdiction or authority within the State of Oregon, County of Harney over this type of ranch management. These lands are not under U.S. treaties or commerce, they are not article 4 territories, and Congress does not have unlimited power. These lands have been admitted into statehood and are part of the great State of Oregon and the citizens of Harney County enjoy the fullness of the protections of the U.S. Constitution. The U.S. Constitution limits United States government.
It is my suggestion, Steven Hammond, that you go and check yourself into Harney County jail asking for protective custody. It is my suggestion, Dwight Hammond, that you go and check yourself into Harney County jail asking for protective custody. It is my suggestion, Harney County Sheriff David Ward, accept these two ranchers into your jail, notify the United States Solicitor in Washington DC that you have these two ranchers in Harney County jail, that they will remain there indefinitely under your protective custody and the protection of We the People of Harney County and We the People of the United States of America.
I suggest an Evidentiary Hearing or a Grand Jury be formed by We the People.
I feel that this action is immediately important, that it should be taken place before 10:00 am Saturday, January 2, 2016. I will hold these suggestions private until that time then I will release this letter to those having state and county jurisdiction and to the media.
Cliven D. Bundy
slimjim

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

I have some sympathy for their situation. I know that the Feds have been doing land grabs in North Texas that has multiple land owners very frustrated.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

I keep reading reports the initial fire was to cover up a poaching incident? Anyone know more about that?

-DallanC
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

Some interesting history on these folk...

www.oregonlive.com/pac...spark.html

-DallanC
Suzanne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of Oregon

(an excerpt);

Witnesses at trial, including a relative of the Hammonds, testified the arson occurred shortly after Steven Hammond and his hunting party illegally slaughtered several deer on BLM property. Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. The fire consumed 139 acres of public land and destroyed all evidence of the game violations. After committing the arson, Steven Hammond called the BLM office in Burns, Oregon and claimed the fire was started on Hammond property to burn off invasive species and had inadvertently burned onto public lands. Dwight and Steven Hammond told one of their relatives to keep his mouth shut and that nobody needed to know about the fire.

The jury also convicted Steven Hammond of using fire to destroy federal property regarding a 2006 arson known as the Krumbo Butte Fire located in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge and Steen Mountain Cooperative Management and Protection Area. An August lightning storm started numerous fires and a burn ban was in effect while BLM firefighters fought those fires. Despite the ban, without permission or notification to BLM, Steven Hammond started several “back fires” in an attempt save the ranch’s winter feed. The fires burned onto public land and were seen by BLM firefighters camped nearby. The firefighters took steps to ensure their safety and reported the arsons.

Suz

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

From what I read, and assuming it is all truthful and correct, this is a clear case of bureaucrats taking a dislike to someone who doesn't agree with their agenda. They are going to make life difficult for them in any and every way they can in order to force them off their land, and then acquire that land as part of their agenda.

As reported in theconservativetreehou...secution/, the Field Manager for the BLM, Rhonda Karges, her husband Chad Karges, Refuge Manager for the Malheur Wildlife Refuge (which surrounds the Hammond ranch), along with attorney Frank Papagni need to be heavily investigated by an independent body, with the original investigation by the BLM and FWS included. This investigation must include past and present citizens of the Harney County, Harney Basin, Blitzen Valley and the Silvies Plains. The intentional redirection of water by the FWS, that resulted in the destruction of many farms, also needs to be investigated with a view to compensation to those whose livelihood was destroyed by these power hungry/crazy bureaucrats.

In addition to this, all monies paid by the Hammonds to the BLM need to be returned, including interest, to the Hammonds. They also need to be compensated by the Federal Government to the tune of millions of dollars for the unjust treatment of them at the hands of the BLM, FWS, Frank Papagni and the Federal Court Judge Michael Hogan.

Of course we know this will never happen because the Government "protect their own", in which case the term..."there is more than one way to skin a cat" comes to mind.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
BigBlue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

I liked Cliven Bundy's idea. The county Sheriff should hold these two in protective custody and have a Grand Jury look into the whole matter. Let the truth win out and chips fall where they may.
BigBlue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

"The Federal Government owns nearly 650 million acres of land – almost 30 percent of the land area of the United States."

There is nothing that I could find in the Constitution that says the federal government should own 30% of the land. Any power not given to the federal government by the Constitution should be controlled by the states. Any property not being used to run the federal government, such as federal buildings or military installations, should be handed over to the states to use as they see fit.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

Ya I've never understood the ability of the government to land-grab, as they have. Sort of in the name of conservation or restoration or national reserve of resources which protects it from over use, vehicular abuse and harvesting of resources. But doesn't the state have more jurisdiction then the federal government, over their properties?

Suz

BigBlue

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

As far as I've been able to find out the authorization to purchase this land goes back to Teddy Roosevelt. The purchase was made for native American resettlement, but the land was never used for that purpose and it probably was just a ruse to get funding for the government to own land.
Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Armed Militia/Ranchers Takes over Fed Building in Oregon Reply with quote

The latest (from NYDailyNews)

The group of ranchers and anti-government activists who have taken over a federal bird sanctuary aren’t getting free lodging, according to a county judge.

Harney County Judge Steve Grasty said he intends to slap Ammon Bundy and his militia group with fines to the tune of $75,000 a day for their occupation of the Malheur Wildlife Refuge.

“It seems fair to me if you’re going to put that cost on this little tiny community...we’re broke!,” Grasty told the Daily News the day after he said he'd "send Mr. Bundy the bill" during a town meeting Monday night in Burns, Oregon, attended by roughly 200 outraged community members.

Grasty said the “bill” would be compensation for the costly increase in security in addition to the salaries of teachers and public employees who didn't go to work when schools and government buildings closed due to the occupation.

The fed-up judge said that the bill will serve to raise awareness of the burden the occupation has put on their small, rural community, not a legitimate legal recourse.

Suz
Other than this I haven't heard much

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1