No staff members are online!

Coppermine Stats
Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist!
Discussions related to Guns and Firearms
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Cabela's today had 200 of the Winchester 1000 round 22LR packs, when that ran out they substituted with Blazer bricks, 2 per person @ $22 each and must have had over 300 of the 500 round Blazer bricks. The line went from the front of the store north, then east along the sidewalk over past the pick up dock, then north along that fence behind the dumpsters.

I took the attached picture *AFTER* +200 people had already moved through the "ammo line". Glad to see lots of .22LR in one spot, a few weeks ago they got in a shipment nearly as big as well... so hopefully it continues until it can remain in stock full time.

-DallanC
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

ok I understand guys wanting to stock pile but isnt this just crazy???? what are the rounds being used for???? If people bought what they NEEDED and maybe a few more for later surely there is enough to go around. I have shot off an entire brick of .22 in one night and head shot 400+ rabbits doing so but that was an exceptional occurrence that wouldnt happen often.

dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Prepping, zombie acopolyst, the comming civil war mk 2 you name it.
I havent noticed a great shortage of .22 over here and we are paying at least double the prices you guys are, even for the stuff manufactured over here.
You would think with your ammunitions manufactures capacity you shouldnt have a problem.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

My brother took his youth boys church group out shooting today, kids that usually never get to fire a gun. They went through 1k rounds today alone and had a riot. He is taking out a youth girls group when it gets a little warmer and is planning to use up 1k then as well. A very good and valid use of a few bricks.

BSA shooting merit badge, kids earning their hunters safety cards... shooting up a brick of 22lr is nothing in an afternoon.

-DallanC
Elvis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

sounds like good time Dallan, and if local gunshop knows what side bread is buttered on they will make sure they have ammo to do it....again my point is still valid they would be exceptional circumstances and that takes care of 2 bricks from that big pile....someone must be doing an awful lot of stock piling or blazing away at stuff all to get through that many rounds...you fellas needn't worry about global warming at the rate your going the country will sink under weight if lead!!!!

dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Excellent use of ammo, better than hoarding.
Well done.

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Someone in line made a comment that had me laughing, they said:

"Only in America would people get up early and stand in line for hours for Ammunition."

LOL

-DallanC
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Good to hear that you guys are getting some ammo through at last Dallan.

I have maybe five bricks on hand at any given time, covering three different loads...Winchester PowerPoint, Remington Subsonic and Federal Champion. I also have a stockpile of three bricks of Remington Cyclone...just have to find a rifle that likes the stuff.

I paid $65 for a brick of Win PowerPoint (500 rds)and $29 a piece for the Remington (500 rds)and Federal (525 rds).

I think that having a goodly supply of ammo on hand is not a bad thing, but I must admit, my stockpiling is based more on financial considerations rather than anything else...if its cheap I will grab some.

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Vince,
My cz has a preference for the win powerpoints 40 or 42 grn doesnt seem to matter $65 a brick or sk rifle match $9.00 for 50. Talk about champagne tastes. It will not group with anything CCI, Fedral or Remington which are affordable.
Got to get back into QGC for some shotgun ammo, might as well pick up another brick of Win powerpoints, its only money Sad

Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Pete...I got the brick of PowerPoints from On Target at Keperra. Glenn is a shotgun shooter and also has plenty of shotgun ammo on hand as well mate. He also has some very nice shotguns and rifles on display to drool over.

The Remington and Federal .22 ammo I get from Cleavers at Margate.

Bushmaster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Just got back from a gun show. .22 CCI Mini-Mags are selling for $18.00 US per hundred pack.

Even the cheap-o .22s were down right expensive.

DEMOCRACY Two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY A well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Loke

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Like heroin addicts at the methadone clinic. After they left Cabela's they all made their way to Gunnies for their second fix of the day.

slimjim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Hording may be one of the reasons for the shortage, but there are other contributing factors. There have been record numbers of new shooters. With center fire ammo getting scarce and expensive, many people shifted to shooting 22s. Both of these reasons depleted the shelves and consumed production capacity. Now this situation is compounded with hording.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

I think you may be right Slim...but with the current political climate, I can understand why people horde.

Another thing I am having hell's own problems finding out here right now is Remington 6mm/.243 80gn PSP bullets. Rumour has it Remington is having problems keeping up supply to the domestic market let alone sending any to the international markets. I would try and source some over there if the cost of freight to Australia was so expensive...it's damned poisonous.

MacD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Nearly as rare as a unicorn... bulk 22lr does exist! Reply with quote

Vince:

Are you able to buy components in the USA. I thought they couldn't be shipped out of the country. I tried to buy some brass online and that is what the seller told me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » Gun & Firearm Discussions
Page 1 of 3