Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820622
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

Ammo Info
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobo
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Ammo Info Reply with quote

Subject: From a fellow shooter/gun owner...
You vote, Right?

When the defense of liberty becomes a crime, tyranny is already in force. At that point, failure to defend

liberty makes slavery a certainty.

From a fellow shooter:
You may not know this but George Soros owns most of the ammunition manufacturing companies and many arms

manufacturers as well. He's selling ONLY to the government right now, per White House & Department of Homeland

Security orders. My son works for ATK, who owns just about all the rest of the ammunition companies that Soros

doesn't own. He tells me that ATK has been ordered by the federal government to curtail sales of ammunition,

primers and powder to the retail market. What you see currently on the shelves is old stock and what's left in the

warehouses since the CT shootings and new stock will NOT be appearing anytime soon. ATK and Soros' companies have

more than enough government contracts to keep them going for years to come. Like Soros' companies, ATK is a huge

defense contractor and they've been told to sell ONLY to the DOD, TSA, FBI, DHS and local/federal law enforcement

agencies. This is VERY scary and VERY ominous for what's coming down the pike in the future.
My son has seen the proposed pricing schedule for Federal, CCI, Hornady, Remington, Winchester and several

other ammunition manufacturer's lines of ammunition, components, reloading equipment (ATK owns Outers, RCBS, Hoppe

and a host of others) and he's flabbergasted! As an example, when the sales of .22 LR bulk ammo resumes, the

pricing will be over $50.00 for a 535-round Value Pak! That's nearly a dime-a-shot!! They're also going to raise

the prices by 300 - 400% on dies, presses, powder measures and the like. He's in management there at ATK in Salt

Lake City and they're NOT happy with it at all! They firmly believe this will basically shut-down the civilian

market while leaving the government as the only purchaser of their products. He saw the government pricing for the

centerfire ammunition they've been stockpiling and their prices have actually dropped from a year ago so the feds

are buying this stuff REAL cheap while we can't even get our hands on it, at all!
Something I've always said since in 2008 is that, even if they can't actually ban the weapons themselves, the

government will make it nearly impossible for us civilians to feed them with ammo, reloading components and the

like. The WH doesn't HAVE to actually ban the guns, as Biden said in one of his many faux pas, foot-in-the-mouth,

Freudian slip speeches he's famous for making. " All we have to do is to make it too expensive to use them and the

public will eventually give them back to us if we offer an attractive price for these weapons". What's an

"attractive price" - a $10.00 Walmart gift card for a $3,000.00 custom hunting rifle? Those were his EXACT words in

one of the speeches he gave to the freshman congressmen last week! Remember, Biden was one of the architects of the

Clinton gun ban of years ago. I think he's as dangerous to the Second Amendment as Obama is, maybe more so, because

he's so stupid and doesn't know the muzzle of a gun from the butt.
Feel free to pass this on so gun owners will be aware of what we're up against. I doubt the NRA can do anything

about it, IMHO. La Pierre can get on all the talk shows he's invited to and cry the blues about the assault weapons

laws that are forthcoming from the WH but the real crux of the matter will be whether or not we'll ever be able to

purchase ammunition (at all) or, if we can, what we'll be paying for it. As an aside, here, I deal a LOT with

Midsouth Shooters Supply for my reloading components. Two weeks ago I ordered 500 cases each of .45 Casull, .44

Magnum, .357 Magnum and 9mm Parabellum. I was told everything I had ordered was out-of-stock and no in-stock

delivery date was being forecast. They wouldn't even accept a backorder for this stuff! Think the government isn't

manipulating it? Think again, my friend...
-- Mad
Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

www.factcheck.org/2011...-gun-grab/

www.snopes.com/politic...reedom.asp

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
chambered221

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

Mmmm......Some new twists !!!

wtf Seems as though someone out there just wants to keep stirring the pot. Shocked

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington
BigBlue

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

Sorry but I don't buy it. I've seen the gun sales skyrocket to the point that the shelves are about bare. I know for a fact that many who feared the ban have bought out the ammunition supplies. The demand for ammo is just so high right now that manufacturers can't keep up. As long as I'm frugal with my own supplies, I'll have enough of everything to last my lifetime.
Elvis

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

good links there Pumpkin... sort of says it all really.

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

Everything but .22lr is showing up in stores now. Some stores are getting in .22LR but keeping it hidden behind counters so it doesnt immediately sell out. If you ask and they have it they will bring out a box. Its helping at least.

-Dallanc
Vince
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

I stumbled onto this today...more than a little bit annoying.

Wal-Mart Employees Cherry Picking Ammo Shipments

Illegitimi non carborundum
(Never let the bastards grind you down)

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

"Nulla Si Fa Senza Volonta."
(Without Commitment, Nothing Gets Done)
gelandangan

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

I agree that it is annoying, but on the other hand, if they are paying for them, then as far as wallmart or any other resellers concern, it is sold..
It is a fact of capitalism.

Do - Not try!

gelandangan.weebly.com/
bracer

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

Go to Hornadys web site and see what they have to say about ammo production. I started reloading in 1953 and at times there were some shortages but never as bad as it is now. Over the years I purchased reloading supplies and factory ammo when they were on sale so I ll not run short for some time. My old body 77 Yrs is somewhat worn out so I stopped big game hunting two years ago. I was offered up to four times the amount I paid for some supplies and ammo so I have sold rimfire and centerfire ammo and reloading supplies that were not accurate in my rifles. Should you all know some old timers ,ask them. I have ammo, reloading supplies, and 4-16x AO scope for a new CZ 17 Hornet varmint rifle but a CZ rifle is not available in the area I live.

Ominivision1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

While I agree with the annoying part with the ammo, think about this, If you work in the auto industry (parts, repair) you get a break on prices. From hairstylist to the aviation industry almost all employees get a break (perks) in some way or another.

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
Elvis

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

I agree Omni but couldnt think of a diplomatic way of saying it. if you worked in a service station/garage and there was a fuel shortage I bet you will fill your own car first up when a tanker brought new supplies in.

DallanC
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

I have enough ammo / supplies to last me until this all blows over and ammunition is back in stock, at that point once prices return to whatever "normal" will be, I'll stock back up with enough to last me through any future shortages.

-DallanC
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

DallanC wrote:
I have enough ammo / supplies to last me until this all blows over and ammunition is back in stock, at that point once prices return to whatever "normal" will be, I'll stock back up with enough to last me through any future shortages.

-DallanC

Laughing My thoughts exactly! Very Happy

Suzanne

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

As long as I've been reloading I've never been hurt by an ammo shortage. This one is the worst, but since I'm not shooting in matches or blowing through lots of rounds anyway, my ample range of calibers to choose to shoot has also helped. Nothing like a variety of calibers to choose from, it's like buying stocks, if you're diversified in your portfolio the ups and downs of the market can be evened out.

ElyBoy

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Ammo Info Reply with quote

Dallan speaks for me on this one.
I'm all set up until the storm passes.
Didn't hurt me one bit to come across a 4# Keg of W-231 at the Gun Shop last week either.

Party

Eric

NRA Life Member
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 2