Photo Albums
 Albums: 308
 Pictures: 2451
  · Views: 820725
  · Votes: 1316
  · Comments: 86

NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement.
Discussion that doesnt fit other Topics
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

For those of you who missed the video which will probably show again at their web site, here is a transcript of today's speech in PDF.

home.nra.org/pdf/Transcript_PDF.pdf

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
PaulS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

I am glad to see that a well thought out plan is the response from the NRA. I hope that there are some who can see it for what it is and actually make use of it.

Maybe I should sign up for the training and spend some time at my grandkids schools.

So and So's pages on the internet = NOT reliable loading data
Always check data against manuals
NEVER exceed maximum listed loads
TRBLSHTR

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

Shocked sounds like a good program.......Now if they can just sell it to the "yellow dog democrats".

.....And you know that joy bahar from the view is just going to HATE on it because it is from the NRA.I have a discription of her also.....something about "Can't Understand Normal Thinking"! Razz

Elvis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

TRBLSHTR wrote:
8-O

.....And you know that joy bahar from the view is just going to HATE on it because it is from the NRA.I have a discription of her also.....something about "Can't Understand Normal Thinking"! Razz
that is just too funny Very Happy

10spotterminator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

Thank you for posting that link. FINALLY something is being put out there for the people to see that rather than bashing the other side of the issue which gets people irritated so that they become immeadiately defensive it asks them to think about specific issues and reason it out in their own minds. Now if we could just get all of the unreported facts out to the public as to all of the incidents just in the past year alone where an armed citizen thwarted an attempt by a bad guy to do harm vs. how many of the media profiled bad guy with a gun incidents , maybe the populace would better be able to see more truth about firearms themselves not being the evil factor here.

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

I love the fact that he points out we protect everything important to us EXCEPT our children.

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
Ominivision1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

And here is the video from today's NRA announcement.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZb8EXUrQTo

Limitations are but boundaries created inside our minds.
BigBlue

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

Our greatest national treasure and we can't find the funding or the backbone for armed protection? The Chiefs of Police have gotten together and released a statement today that putting armed officers in schools would be too much of a strain on their forces and budgets. Their answer is the ban of high cap mags and evil looking guns. It didn't work before and it won't work now. The naysayers shrink back in horror at the thought of armed guards in our schools, but I'm sure the parents of the survivors of this horror were sure glad the armed good guys arrived when they did. Unfortunately too late to save all the children. Nothing against the police, they can't be everywhere all the time, but the response time of an armed guard at the school would surely be shorter.
Don
dhc4ever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

Well our media picked the eyes out of the speech and with as much derision they could muster reported the NRA wanted more guns.

Now our media are scum sucking turds of the first order, so I expected that, after all they were at the forefront of screwing over Australian law abiding firearm owners after Port Arthur in 1996.
They are being driven by someones hidden agenda and IMO its the UN's, every treaty has a sub sub sub paragraph requiring the disarming of the civilian population and control of small arms.
The USA's second amendment has been the thorn in the UN's arse for years and they are working tirelessly to remove it and any impediment to whatever agenda they have for disarming the populations.

As to the NRA's idea for having a good guy with a gun in every school, really? did they actually think this through?
The logistics of it are immense for a start.
Also anyone who has been in the military knows the reality of attempting to stay vigilant and effective while on guard.
Then you have the legal ramifications involved if anyone actually gets shot or there is collateral damage to bystanders (children) ala the NYC police recently.
Short of turning every school into a prison with a single point of entry and a trained, armed and vigilant staff (3 to 4 guys per shift every day) it wont work.
No I dont have answer, but the NRA's isnt it.
More laws required? (sarcasm mode on) yeah as mention elsewhere the scum sucking murder broke 41 laws so hell yeah more will obviously work (sarcasm mode now off).
Take careful note of which politicians are looking out for YOUR rights and interests and which ones are on the anti band wagon, remove their snout from the trough of public money at the next election and let it be known thats why they got the bums rush.
I've had a massive dose of deja vu lately and aussie shooters are again copping the fallout, so excuse my spray if you don't agree with it.
Merry Christmas.

Dont do anything you wont like explaining to the paramedics..............
Dimitri

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

dhc4ever wrote:
As to the NRA's idea for having a good guy with a gun in every school, really? did they actually think this through?

Don't let the general population with valid CCW permits carry in schools, like they do already, but for God sakes let the teachers and school staff who are legally allowed to carry to carry.

Problem solved.

Dimitri

Suzanne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

dhc4- Yup yer right, I watched as only one of the 3 national news broadcast networks even mentioned the NRA proposal and yes it left you with the same information the NRA said the media would. They just want more guns and want to arm the teachers in schools. Sort of like they're going to just hand out guns to teachers when they report to school each day, to keep the peace. As idiotic as they want it to sound, is what they report.

Also watched 2 debates on TV this morning, very liberal news paper columnists with just the same rhetoric. They actually compared it to other news events that are talked about and end up fading away, then said it was their duty to hammer this one home, just keep it in the news and eventually we'll get what we want, more control on guns.

The NRA targeted the news media, I guess it didn't mean a thing to them. Sensationalizing will carry on as usual. As far as Obama is concerned he said a majority of Americans support reinstating a ban on assault weapons, limiting the sale of high-volume ammunition clips and mandating background checks before all gun purchases. Don't know if he took some sort of vote to get that impression but liberals tend to make the facts as they go along. I guess he didn't listen to the NRA either...oh well...

Pumpkinslinger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

Hell, I've seen armed guards at McDonalds in some places. Is a Big Mac more important than our kids?

"I ain't no better than anybody else, and there ain't nobody better than me!" Ma Kettle
stovepipe

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: NRA Transcript of Today's Announcement. Reply with quote

COLD DEAD HANDS. Razz

COME AND TAKE THEM. Evil or Very Mad

THE PROBLEM AINT GUNS- IT'S IDIOTS RUNNING AROUND UNCHECKED.

SERIOUSLY! Very Happy

Guess what, ban guns completely? The psycos will use bombs. Or cars. Or cars with bombs in them. Or knives.....etc.

Bunch of vultures capitolizing on others misery. THAT'S JUST WRONG. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic   Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index » General
Page 1 of 1